Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Further more, kids all over the world walk for miles alone in remote areas to school and back...
    You missed the point. The father is worried about his kid walking alone next to a busy road with no adult supervision, not BFE back roads.

This video made me sick.

All I saw was a concerned father wanting his kids and standing up to some inane 'rule'. Paul Blart wanted no argument and was tired of losing a debate.

Hope the cop gets canned, but that's asking too much.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can the cop even jump over a fence? Seriously, the physical requirements are stupid as hell for police officers. I mean seriously, too many officers are fat and can barely do their job right. He also did not even read him his Miranda Rights and LAST time i checked, YOU have to read them to the person being arrested. Really hope the cop gets fired because he has no right to tell a father he can't pick up his own damn child.

I even considered being an officer, but after all the things i have read and how corrupt they have become, i have completely changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    He also did not even read him his Miranda Rights and LAST time i checked, YOU have to read them to the person being arrested.
    No, they read them their rights before questioning them.

Deleted
    Wait, what? I don't get it. There are laws preventing you to pick your kids up? What the actual fudge?

Guys, you told me America was an evolved country. What am I supposed to believe when I watch this video? If it wasn't for the American dialect and their skin color, I would've believed this was a camp in Africa where they kept soldier kids. I'm not saying this as an insult to the insane law either, my statement is genuine.

Can anyone rationalize this to me? Where's the logic? I can't find it. Is it a very dangerous society they live in where laws like these are a necessity?

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Wait, what? I don't get it. There are laws preventing you to pick your kids up? What the actual fudge?

Guys, you told me America was an evolved country. What am I supposed to believe when I watch this video? If it wasn't for the American dialect and their skin color, I would've believed this was a camp in Africa where they kept soldier kids.

Can anyone rationalize this to me? Where's the logic? I can't find it. Is it a very dangerous society they live in where laws like these are a necessity?
    It's not a law, it was an on the fly school policy. Ever since Sandy Hook, schools have become prisons. I know have to ring a buzzer to get inside, then i have to be let inside the office, then i have to show my ID, then wait in an area where the school cop's desk is. The shit is flat out fucking ridiculous. I would never let some cunt secretary tell me that i cannot take my child home, i would have raised a lot more hell than this man did, and i would have called the state police on this cop, and waited on the phone while they arrived. I just happy this man has this on tape so the judge can laugh his fucking ass off at this stupid cop.

I'm so confused with this logic. A parent is getting in trouble for just picking up his kid on foot?
    I just can't wrap my head around this. What ever happened to a parent coming in to sign out their kid and them walking out, regardless of if the parent drove or walked? Why is this such a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    It's not a law, it was an on the fly school policy.
    guy got arrested by a cop tho, under the catchall 'disorderly conduct', this is where 'school policy' becomes law. because if you don't follow their policies, you can and will be arrested.

the school quite literally kidnapped his children by refusing to release them into their legal guardian's care.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    guy got arrested by a cop tho, under the catchall 'disorderly conduct', this is where 'school policy' becomes law. because if you don't follow their policies, you can and will be arrested.

the school quite literally kidnapped his children by refusing to release them into their legal guardian's care.
    I'm pretty sure the school/officer are going to face a lot of blow back, and the officer and school official will be investigated. There is no way a DA will let these charges stick, again after seeing this video. It's just an over zealous cop, and some cunt who thinks she has the right to tell parents what to do because she answers the phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a day goes by where I am not truly thankful I don't live in the United States of America.

Mind fucking boggled.
    Last edited by Obtuse; 2013-11-21 at 02:59 AM.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Pretty much. Unfortunately the Liberal Zealots that are employed by the schools will continue to feed the children a bunch of left-leaning swill instead of teaching them English, Math, and non-politically slanted History. It's a unexpected pleasure and surprise that there was even resistance to this and not the mindless herd mentality that the Cops would adore if everyone had these days.
    Since when do schools not teach english, math and "history"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Since when do schools not teach english, math and "history"?
    Since us evil Liberals came into power.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    First off. Before everyone gets all anti cops on this, The cop has no say in what he's doing, he's just doing his job. He enforces the law, he doesn't make it.

Secondly reading through the article it was PAINFULLY obvious this guy and his fiance came there just to cause a scene. He admitted he came there on foot on purpose and his fiance just so happened to record the whole thing.

It's also murky what the actual policy is. So there's alot we don't know.
    What can be said about someone who willingly takes the job and is oh so willing to enforce the political elite's ridiculous edicts? Can someone wave away their responsibility by saying "Oh, just doing mah job!"

Who would have thought that another law officer with a strong liking for burgers and probably rather small testicles acting retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We always rode the bus alone as kids. My mom still has the pictures of me getting on the bus in kindergarten on the first day. Its not unreasonable for kids to ride the bus alone. Its not a city bus, its a school bus
    You have to keep in mind that many school districts don't offer bussing to ALL students (my niece was within 2 miles from the school, so had to walk, but my sister paid a fee to have her picked up).

For those who want to know, this wasn't an on the fly policy, as noted: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1523389

The controversy stems over a change in the procedure last week. Before, parents could park in the lot and come into the school to pick up the children, Howe said. But now the parents must wait in their vehicles and line up on the side of a local highway -- which Howe said stretches a mile and is a safety concern.
    Donald Andrews, superintendent for the Cumberland County school district, told The News they made the change in policy, which parents received multiple notices about, to protect the students. Instead of anyone being able to just enter the building they now must wait in their car with a placard containing their child's name.
    "I make no apologies for the policy," he said. "It was done for the safety of the children."
    The district is working out the problems with the new policy and said many parents are in favor of it, Andrews said. The change came from a suggestion by the school's Parent teacher Organization, he said.
    Howe said he is now following the policy.
    "We have no choice but to follow it," he said. "Either that or go to jail."

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    You have to keep in mind that many school districts don't offer bussing to ALL students (my niece was within 2 miles from the school, so had to walk, but my sister paid a fee to have her picked up).

For those who want to know, this wasn't an on the fly policy, as noted: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1523389
    Such a stupid policy....

I mean the one in this article/story I linked. Cause I know not all schools offer bussing, I lived literally 3minutes away from my school via vehicle but in the winter ( I live in canada) that was still too far to walk by foot at the age I was, So my mother/grandparents would always pick me up,