Poll: Could you ever do that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Step 1: Obtain a time-machine
    Step 2: You haven't finished step one yet.
    Pretty much. There is no way to relive the feeling you first got when you started playing WoW, it is a one time thing. You know everything, you've seen everything, you can't have the same wow factor when you walk through the Dark Portal and such. That's the way it is.

Where is the "no, that sounds really boring" option?

Love the biased poll options. You should be ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not going to work. You will never be able to relive that feeling unless you discover some neurological fix. Embrace the change and move on.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past are certain to miss the future." John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is some truth to this.

I recently started as the opposite faction (frickin Horde!) on a brand-new server, no heirlooms, no gold, no guild, no anything. I took my time (only level 55 still), leveling a profession and selling my mats on the auction house for what little it sells for on that server and it's been pretty neat. Every piece of gear that drops has a potential to be something useful to me! I have a reason to actually care about what I find (since I need gold!). The quests are, in some areas, brand-new to me because Alliance doesn't have them.

It can be neat to start over and try something new for a change.
    That's what I'm talking about But with a new Battle.net, you would have new achievements, pets, mounts to gain combined with what you said Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    1. Create a complete new Battle.net account, buy World of Warcraft for it.
    2. When starting to play, don't join any guilds because they give you XP perks, etc
    3. Last but not least, don't ever learn to fly in Azeroth or anywhere.

Perhaps you won't relive that feeling 100%, but at least you'll be playing like the game was new.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting a new Battle.net will:
    Make so you have 0 achievements, give you some joy back to achieving those again, more goals.
    Can't leap into temptations by sending heirlooms to yourself.

--

Slow down, enjoy yourself
    Wouldn't work for me.. that would mostly just be torture starting fresh with a lack of mounts and funds. lol I'd rather have to erase my memory to find that awe again from when it was a new world to me. Back when seeing a boat come into the Stormwind Harbor and finding out I could get on and it would take me somewhere, and that sort of stuff.

Guild perks, flying, and upgrading gear was not what drew me into this game when I started. The biggest thing for me was that the game was completely new to me and the world was new. Exploration of the world, mechanics, game functions, etc.... That is what drew me in. And there is nothing that can be done to relive that experience short of some level of mind erasure.

I tried starting a new race, new class, diff faction (I play 1 faction 99% of the time) on a diff server.......it didn't help relive any of the excitement I felt when I started the game. I got the same results when trying other MMORPGs. /shrug

This is my specific expereince though. Results may vary depending on your experiences.

I think I have given Blizzard more then enough money already. Spending that kind of money trying to relive something that can't be relived is nothing but insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get a group of 5-10 60s and go and try to kill doctor weavil on Alcaz island.
    That fucker is still there afaik.

Joining guilds is what made the game good when you started. Also... there is no way to relive the game how it used to be, too many things have changed. The closest thing you could do is start playing on a classic private server.

Deleted
    It won´t work like this.
    Community is dead, it has nothing to do with my toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightslayer7 View Post
    Not trying to come off rude and all but, how about changing the name of the thread to:

Easiest way to somehow somewhat closely mimic that feeling of when you started!

Step 1: Download a private Vanilla only server.
    Step 2: Play.

Probably the best way to do it!
    And 90% of the quests are probably bugged to hell.. private servers are garbage.

There is no way to relive the feeling. You will still have the same memories even if it's a different char/account.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Terrible idea. If you want a challenge just go for the iron man. /thread.

Everything has changed from when I first started, so these steps are useless if I wanted to get that feeling back. But if someone started from...Wrath, this would be a good way, if they were willing to shell out the cash for it.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-cataclysm perhaps...

Except that it's nothing like when I leveled up back then man. I leveled a paladin and we had auto attack, seals and judgment. That was my entire skill set up to about level 45 or so. I was ret and couldn't get a better two handed weapon than corpsemaker which was a level 30 weapon. It killed things but I decided to just go prot because I had the 1 handed sword from ZF that gave me an absorb shield. Slapped on a random shield and never looked back again. It will never be the same to level another character because we're so much stronger now than we were then. The talent system is different and you have things like crusader strike.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2013-11-22 at 07:24 AM.