Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Sure, send me $50 and I might consider it.
    Its only $50... Thats what? 3 months subscription

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Server bandwidth and developer time
    Server bandwidth? Even having 50 alts, the guy will only play with one at a time. How having more alts will waste bandwidth?

    Developer time? The character limit is artificial, they just need to update the variable that holds the "max characters per server" value. Some minutes of developer time?
    YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    WoW was always pretty much He-Man regarding the story and the characters.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Its only $50... Thats what? 3 months subscription
    It depends how you value money. I wouldn't throw $50 at something as trivial as a faction change. Or $25, or even $5. Greed is greed and I won't support it.

  4. #44
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It depends how you value money. I wouldn't throw $50 at something as trivial as a faction change. Or $25, or even $5. Greed is greed and I won't support it.
    Then don't, however the option is readily available - You don't NEED more slots to play Alliance

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Wait and hope you didnt transfered on a full realm, so Blizzard will attach a server.

    If you need RIGHT NOW more than 11 characters (which most people dont want) you can use the option Blizzard gave you indirectly (connected realms).
    Stop crying if there is already a solution.
    I'm on Kazzak EU, which means it's unlikely there'll ever be a connected server. There is no solution for me, which is what I asked for.

    Stop bitching about something that doesn't affect you. If people want more characters per server, what is your reason to deny them that? Pure fanboyism (Blizzard is always right no matter what), selfishness (I don't need more and therefore nobody does) or something else? I'm curious.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then don't, however the option is readily available - You don't NEED more slots to play Alliance
    Reading is hard. I said I wanted to play horde as I already have every class on alliance. Don't bitch about something that doesn't affect you. If you want to faction change, go ahead and pay obscene amounts of money for it. Don't want to make more alts? Then don't.

  7. #47
    If you need 50 character slots... You might have a problem, man. Get help.

  8. #48
    Just introduce one more when a new race/class becomes available.

  9. #49
    Since connected realms are effectively one server, isn't it the same thing? As long as at least every bunch of connected realms is 5 servers or more, you have more slots than you can have characters per account.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Maybe for a casual player. I've got 44 alts as of this moments.
    I have A LOT of alts. That said, if I want to make a new character of a class I already have, I'll do it on a new server.

    (Though as of yesterday I can just do it on a clustered server.)
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    11 is enough.
    I have 11 90 characters on one realm, I want twink alts

  12. #52
    Although, I find 50 a little extreme per realm. I can agree on the fact that it could be update to hold at least 15 or so.

  13. #53
    I imagine it's one of those "not a problem until it's a problem" type deals. Originally it had to do with server capacity but servers have long since been replaced and restructured numerous times.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    So, with the addition of Connected Realms, 4 realms were connected to mine. I now have 55 character slots on that connected realm. You can only have 50 characters at a time. Why should other realms be limited? What point is there, now, to limit the maximum amount of character slots on a single realm?
    Not sure what your point is. You still only have 11 per Realm which is where any limitation comes in, they didn't up the limit to 55/50. The fact you have access to all of them in one "connected" realm doesn't really change any of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    So Hardcore elitest raiders trying to get LFR removed are in fact essentially trying to kill off their own content!

  15. #55
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    10,885
    While I don't know about -50-, 11 certainly isn't enough for me, especially since I'm -not- on a connected realm (and many people are not, and will not be).

    What does 11 get you? 10/11 classes, and a bank alt. We all have bank alts, so... that's not helpful really.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

    IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While I don't know about -50-, 11 certainly isn't enough for me, especially since I'm -not- on a connected realm (and many people are not, and will not be).

    What does 11 get you? 10/11 classes, and a bank alt. We all have bank alts, so... that's not helpful really.
    In my case, it's mostly that I *can't* have either bank alts or twinks, or anything else I might want. I have every class at high level, and I'd like 2-3 more (not high/max level), at least.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  17. #57
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Reading is hard. I said I wanted to play horde as I already have every class on alliance. Don't bitch about something that doesn't affect you. If you want to faction change, go ahead and pay obscene amounts of money for it. Don't want to make more alts? Then don't.
    Until there's a need there's nothing to fix. As I said expect a payed service for extra slots... Also who's bitching? Not I

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Server bandwidth and developer time
    We already got a 50 characters total limit, why not just remove the 11 per server and keep the 50 total?
    Bandwidth should really not be a problem as people only play one character at once, and loading name, class, race and level should really not be a lot of traffic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Not sure what your point is. You still only have 11 per Realm which is where any limitation comes in, they didn't up the limit to 55/50. The fact you have access to all of them in one "connected" realm doesn't really change any of this.
    It gives people on connected realms an opportunity to play more characters without having to start from nothing on another server
    How many reasons do you guys have to not allow people to have all their 50 characters on a single server?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Isnt it fine now? You can have 11 characters and if you need more on one realm, you just can start on a connected realm.
    Yes, the "reroll on another server/transfer to another server", of course somebody had to bring that
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    11 is enough.
    I wanted to argue but after thinking about it, yes it is. I wouldnt want the cap to be 50 either. Back in cata I leveled 10 characters to 77, I think to get the highest level alchemy skill with transmute master. 10-50 truegold daily was pretty intense and made me rich quickly:P 50 characters and daily CDs could provide some people (especially those who level with bots) an unfair advantage and would also ruin the economy.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    11 is enough.
    nope i want at least 25 11 horde 11 alliance and some bankers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •