Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Jeez...55 chars...

You probably are the tiny tiny minority that just will have to suck it up.
    I'd say tiny tiny tiny.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    I don't understand why people care so much if we were given more slots. You don't want them don't use them, if there were more slots added it would in no way affect how you play the game. I would love more slots added I'm already maxed on my main server, but if they add the ability to actually mail BOAs to other realms then I wouldn't really need more slots.

- - - Updated - - -

So don't level alts and stop worrying about other people that are rolling alts.
    Cross-realm mailing of Heirlooms is currently being tested on the PTR.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    11 is enough.
    Only someone who hasn't experienced the awesomeness that is 22+ character slots would say such a thing.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I'd be happy with 22. One of each class on each faction.
    agreed

Side benefit of increasing character slots per realm? Players are more likely to make an alt on the opposing faction on a server they are already on (heirlooms, account bound items, gold/glyph/mats transfer through neutral AH, etc.) Why is that potentially a good thing? Well, yes you can't play two characters at once on the same (physical, not Bnet)account at the same time, BUT, would blizzard rather have people make alts on the opposing faction on an imbalanced realm or the popular faction on an imbalanced realm? You see, my GF and I are in this exact position.

"We want to make Alliance alts but we already have 11 Horde characters on our grossly Horde dominated server, so what can we do?"
    "Let's go create some Alliance alts on a medium to high population server so that we can find a guild to do stuff with, account bound cross server mailing is coming anyways..."

Therefore, not allowing more character slots per realm is in small part creating even more imbalanced servers...
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-11-20 at 09:27 PM.

I'd love 55 alchemists on the same 'realm'. all them living steels 55 farms to till!

Deleted
    11 is enough.
    11 is enough for you sir... last weekend i had to delete a lv 79 druid, because i wanted to level a new char with my girlfriend together.

some weeks ago i had to delete my bank char because i wanted to level a new warrior through the lfd system.

while other players are huntig epic items, its fun for me to level new alts.

11 is far not enough for me -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Do you delete a character when you make a new one?
    I guarantee that you aren't able to keep up with three characters at the same time while enjoying any kind of endgame on atleast some of them. I've never understood what the point is to get a ridiculous amount of characters you can't progress on, unless the sole point of the character is to be a transmute mule.

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Server bandwidth and developer time
    Bandwith is a non-issue. In Blizzard's quarterly reports, all of their server bandwidth costs for all of their games are so nominal they appear only as a footnote.

Bank alts, Twinks, Herald of the Titans 80, leveling another character with a friend. Plenty of reasons to bump it past 11.

11 is enough.
    Not for me. I had to make a second account to play all of the alts I wanted on the same server.

I really would like to see them drop the limit, though. It seems totally arbitrary with connected realms in place now.

I'd just be happy if they made sure that all realms were connected to at least 1 other realm. It's great that they are connecting a bunch of super low pop realms to improve those people's gameplay, but I wouldn't mind more character slots too - which is looking unlikely being that I am on a pretty high-pop realm that probably won't get connected to anything.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Adding more slots per realm while keeping the account wide total constant should result in only a minor increase to data storage requirements because it allows those who have 11 toons on a realm to make more when they couldn't otherwise.

Some of us play on realms which are populous enough to never be connected. So 11 toons really is a hard limit. And personally, I like to use at least 1 toon as a bank alt with a dedicated gbank and then have a playable toon of every class. So 12 would be the minimum I'd like to see.

The issue is probably reanimating the character selection screen or something. Because they changed the code in MoP to go to 11, I would think they thought far enough ahead to make the code changes such that increasing the number of toons per realm again simple.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Deleted
    11 is enough.
    Nope, not to me. My character selection screen has been full ever since vanilla, and over the many expansions when they added new races and classes I was basically forced to delete some of them. I'd have prefered otherwise though.

Besides, what's the point of a 10 character limit per server anyway? You can only play one character at a time so I don't see the problem. Why a 50 character limit spread over multiple servers but only 10 (now 11) on one server? Why not just 50 in total, regardless of server?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I guarantee that you aren't able to keep up with three characters at the same time while enjoying any kind of endgame on atleast some of them. I've never understood what the point is to get a ridiculous amount of characters you can't progress on, unless the sole point of the character is to be a transmute mule.
    Yeah, because endgame is the only way to enjoy the game.

I've deleted many characters below lvl 60 just because of this stupid limit.