Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I don;t see why Blizzard give us anything...people just whine every time they give us things we ask for.
    They don't give us anything. We pay for it. Don't ever forget that.

  2. #82
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Cost of implementation for that?. I would estimate a maximum of 10.000 euros, and I'm (very) generous here. The problem is how much would they have lost if they implemented that when the "account bound" thing was introduced. I'd say millions. Many of them. There was a thread on the EU forums for years, and they were occasionally saying the shit about "the tech"

    You doubt that was a cash cow? Well, personally I transferred 3 times for exactly that purpose
    A maximum of 10,000 euros to implement this tech (large-scale CRZ, basically) which was buggy as hell at launch and remains imperfect today? Keep dreaming.

    As others have said, if this was a massive cash cow, why stop now?

    And if you seriously transferred 3 times SOLELY to move heirlooms... I don't know what to say.
    Here is what you might consider an unexpected truth: The only place where I commonly see elitist assholes is here. I rarely encounter them in the game. The game as portrayed on forums is not the game that most people actually experience. - MoanaLisa

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    A maximum of 10,000 euros to implement this tech (large-scale CRZ, basically) which was buggy as hell at launch and remains imperfect today? Keep dreaming.

    As others have said, if this was a massive cash cow, why stop now?

    And if you seriously transferred 3 times SOLELY to move heirlooms... I don't know what to say.
    At the risk of repeating myself, the reason why they are doing this now is simple: connected realms. Players on connected realms can move any transferable in game items to characters on their connected realms. Subscribers who are not on connected realms would continue to have to pay to transfer heirlooms (and other items that Blizzard apparently isn't getting to yet). That means that Blizzard is treating one group of subscribers (those on connected realms) substantially different than others (those not on connected realms). I'm kind of surprised that so many players don't seem to have picked up on this. Connected realms create a huge change in the game.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Jesus, does anything make people happy??!
    No.

    And stop using buzzwords

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    They don't give us anything. We pay for it. Don't ever forget that.
    We pay for what is in the game at the time of payment. They dont need to add new stuff we are not promised new stuff and we did not pay for that new stuff. We paid for the current incarnation of the game.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Now that Blizzard is making the heirlooms truly xrealms, is it not odd, that suddenly they have the tech to do it In-Game, via the mail tool?

    Honestly, I think they could have done it for a LONG time, but it just has been too good source of income to them.

    "In the latest 5.4.2 PTR build, we are testing the new ability to mail account-bound items to other characters on your account that may be on different servers. Notably, this should allow you to move heirlooms between servers, in advance of our planned Warlords changes that will make them fully account-wide.

    Sending this sort of mail should work like any cross-server communication: You send the item to "Playername-Servername" and it should otherwise work like regular mail. Note that you can only send account-bound items, and not other items or gold.

    Example: I have a character, Thrall, on the Benedictus server. I want to send my heirloom mace to my alt, Durotan, on the Lycanthoth server. I'd log in as Thrall, and attach the mace to a mail addressed to "Durotan-Lycanthoth" and hit send."
    Ever think to consider all the new various types of cross realm tech they have implemented and refined over the past few years is what helped build the infrastructure necessary for cross realm boa mailing? Blizzard has only told us this more than a dozen different times in the past year alone and yet it still can't seem to get through the thick skulls of some. Also the distinction needs to be made that this doesn't apply only to heirlooms but ALL bind on account items such as the Timeless Isle tokens and some of the various drops from Mop rares.

    As for the tin foil hat theory that lack of cross realm mailing is because Blizzard wants to make a profit. No. Get out of here. If that were the case Blizzard wouldn't have enabled cross faction mailing of heirlooms nor would they have allowed heirlooms to be mailed from one license to another on the same battle.net account. Also let's not forget things like cross realm grouping, connected realms, and cross realm raids are making paid transfers obsolete. If it was all about the money then NONE of this would be in game right now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I don't get your point.
    The OP is butthurt that Blizzard has proven the haters wrong and that they aren't greedy so of course they are scrambling hard to somehow twist this into more cash grab rhetoric.

  6. #86
    So, wait... Blizzard says that they're working on cross-realm mailing for BoAs... and now they're testing it... and OP has a problem with it?

    Dear OP: Stop making posts.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    If it wás a good source of income, why would they abandon that source of income. Nothing has changed there.

    While I believe you are right about your claim that they did have the tech before... (or could have gotten it easily), I doubt it has anything to do with a source of income. Because they could still have that source of income if they did not do this.
    It was never a matter of Blizzard not being able to do this, it was the fact the battle.net team who is responsible for this had other higher priority tasks to get done first such as the many various types of cross realm tech we have now and again like I said a lot of that tech was laying the groundwork for cross realm mailing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'd imagine the tech is available now because of Connected Realms, not your grand conspiracy
    This is just yet another vindication for players who supported cross realm zones and were able to see the bigger picture despite all the rampant irrational hate. Many of us kept trying to explain this tech was going to lead to cross realm heirlooms and a solution for low pop realms only for us to be accused of being fanboys. It may be childish but I am going to fully enjoy telling the haters "I told you so".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Jesus, does anything make people happy??!

    I'm happy to see this. I'm glad to be able to mail them ahead of time if I choose to. The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    It has been a rough few weeks for the haters. Between all the announcements of various features and Blizzcon and the new information we are getting now they are having a hard time trying to hide behind the disguise of "concerned gamer".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Shouldn't it have been implemented at the very beginning?
    Kind of hard since the infrastructure wasn't there to support it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They said for years that its a hardware limitation that prevents cross-server mailing. Because realms are being merged it does allow it without huge changes to hardware. I'd not expect this to be a stepping stone toward full cross-realm mailing because that limitation still exists and would take too much time to fix.
    Theoretically any item can be sent cross realm if there is no restriction preventing it. The only difference between bind on account items and everything else is how it is tagged.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Only people that don't work in IT could have believed that shit excuse "there is no tech available to send heirlooms across realms". Of course it was to keep us paying for transfers, that shit of a "tech" is in fact two state of the art pieces of "tech"

    1) a change for the mail logic to split the name by "-" and get the realm and the character name and pass those to the real state of the art tech "tech"

    2) some very "complicated enterprise database solution" to change some shit in some tables in some DB

    The bullshit devised by the PR people is atrocious
    You do realize attaching "-realmname" to the name in the mail interface doesn't magically create the infrastructure necessary to enable it right? That is just UI. If it was about profit then why would they do anything to reduce that profit? I love how people accuse Blizzard of being simultaneously greedy and stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hit them with your ban-stick if they are toxic :P
    But I agree, complaining for the sake of complaining is extremely annoying and should have no place or support on a WoW-fansite.
    This is why I now refer to this site as a hate site rather than a fansite. Mods are far, far too lenient on the people who have no interest in doing anything but disrupting these forums.

  8. #88
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I don't get your point.
    shortly after announcing u will no longer have to transfer heirlooms the hard way (with real world money) you can transfer stuff the easy way.

    honestly im almost impressed blizz still think blizz has anything resembling integrity. "heey guys cheap realm transfers.....and then hey guys, connecting realms!"

  9. #89
    With dreanor you get a free lvl 90 and heirlooms account-wide. Noone would pay for transfer if they could just wait til WOD.
    So the sole purpose of this is just to give another incentitive to play til the addon. Its longterm actually wasted devtime as it will become obsolete with WOD, so they have to expect a profit from this or they wouldnt do it.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Does it really surprise you they do this kind of stuff? They are making it possible to PAY for a level 90.
    We pay for high lvl characters already. RAF and SOR say hi. Until Blizzard allows players to buy lvl capped characters I don't give a fuck about it. I'm just a bit baffled as to how you can compare Blizzard selling high lvl characters to removing the need to pay for a character transfers in order to send heirlooms cross realm. One results in a paid microtransaction and the other doesn't.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Shouldn't it have been implemented at the very beginning?
    Only if you misunderstood what "Bind to Account" actually means.



    Blizzard doesn't even need to do this and people are complaining? Yeesh.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Eh, why call it "account bound", then? I mean, don't get me wrong, the OP has gone full "Tinfoil hat"-mode, I just don't agree with people praising Blizzard for FINALLY doing this. It's a good thing, but they should've just added an Heirloom tab along with the mounts and pets tabs when those were implemented.
    At this point I have to assume people who try to play semantics in regards to heirlooms are trolling.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Considering you just accused thousands of posters of being toxic based on one person's post, you might be part of the problem.
    The OP is bitching and whining over Blizzard doing something players have wanted for years. How is the OP and people like him anything but toxic?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This forum is oddly very critical of Blizzard. Much more then the official forums *DEAR GODS*. Sorry but I'll side with the Super Saiyan mod.
    Most of the people here who do nothing but whine and scream over everything were perm banned from the official forums long ago. Many of them are quite proud of that whenever it is brought up.

  13. #93
    I actually think kinda the opposite. I think their idea of making the toybox style UI led to what we have now via the mailing. The current version probably is them getting it to us as fast as possible after they've worked on how it should be utilized, i.e aforementioned toybox.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    That is because on the official forums your post will get "missplaced" if it is too far from the company line.
    There is currently an uncapped thread with well over 2000 posts mostly scathingly critical of Blizzard on the official forums. Blizzard only bans people who violate forum guidelines not because they are critical of Blizzard. If Blizzard only allowed positive feedback then the forums would be empty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Account Bound or Account+Server Bound... I remember the latter.

    No, but I think it's ridiculous for them to consider adding things like Battle pets of all things, when there are problems that people have been asking about for two expansions. Basically, they could have put their limited resources in better places.
    None of the people on the battle.net team who work on cross realm tech have anything to do with Wow development. Different teams, different tasks. As for putting their limited resources in better places, they did. It's called cross realm zones and connected realms just to mention a few of the new features we have gotten recently.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Actually something significant has changed. Connected realms has made it possible for players to have more than 11 characters (22 to 50 depending on how many realms are connected to each other) who are connected in every way including mailing, heirlooms, gold, etc. This has made the idea of charging players money to do transfers untenable. You can't have one part of the subscriber base able to freely transfer items between more than 11 characters while charging the rest of the subscriber base for these same transfers because they aren't on connected realms.

    Blizzard had to offer the ability to mail heirlooms. This still leaves other transferable items and gold which should also be available for transfer although the gold seller issue needs to be resolved with regard to that. The day of Blizzard charging for server transfers should be over soon.
    The only reason Blizzard ever charged for transfers was because the price was a deterrent. Want proof? Check the forums from around 6 months ago when they had the 50% sale. For about a week there was nothing but complaints and rage over how much faster and how many more players were jumping ship and transferring to other realms and factions due to the sale. Cheaper/free transfer services would only worsen realm population issues so even with connected realms Blizzard isn't likely to make any pricing changes. They aren't stupid and they know it would only undo all the work they are putting into connected realms.

  15. #95
    Mechagnome BEYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This forum is oddly very critical of Blizzard. Much more then the official forums *DEAR GODS*. Sorry but I'll side with the Super Saiyan mod.
    Yea, Being the biggest wow forum has it's down side. his place seems to have collected every troll the game has to offer. Past ad present players included. It seems Blizzard is out to get them personally and programming takes no time or money.
    Sometimes 'Merica happens, and you just have to deal with that.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Cost of implementation for that?. I would estimate a maximum of 10.000 euros, and I'm (very) generous here. The problem is how much would they have lost if they implemented that when the "account bound" thing was introduced. I'd say millions. Many of them. There was a thread on the EU forums for years, and they were occasionally saying the shit about "the tech"

    You doubt that was a cash cow? Well, personally I transferred 3 times for exactly that purpose
    And once again you fail to explain why Blizzard would all of a sudden kill their "cash cow".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It's not about "instantly". People were (for good reason, like they are bind on account and don't want to spend 20 bucks on a transfer) asking for this for 3 YEARS. THREE. YEARS

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8672093?page=1

    Sure I'm not sad about the feature, but it's not one of those cases "the developers are listening to their customers"
    So what is it a case of? Stop talking out of your ass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    I imagine that this is some kind of pre-test of the technology they'll be using for that tab in the future while giving us a much-requested feature in the process.
    It is a test of nothing. Heirlooms aren't the only bind on account items. This is for ALL bind on account items. Having a tab for heirlooms in Wod has no bearing on this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    They don't give us anything. We pay for it. Don't ever forget that.
    We pay for access to the game. That's it. Nothing more nothing less. Blizzard isn't obligated to do anything else for us and yet they do. A majority of what was in Mop was a result of player feedback and Wod looks to be more of the same. They give us plenty whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself, the reason why they are doing this now is simple: connected realms. Players on connected realms can move any transferable in game items to characters on their connected realms. Subscribers who are not on connected realms would continue to have to pay to transfer heirlooms (and other items that Blizzard apparently isn't getting to yet). That means that Blizzard is treating one group of subscribers (those on connected realms) substantially different than others (those not on connected realms). I'm kind of surprised that so many players don't seem to have picked up on this. Connected realms create a huge change in the game.
    The price of paid transfer services has nothing to do with fairness. In fact the entire point of the high price is to prevent people from using the services.

  17. #97
    Mechagnome BEYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    They don't give us anything. We pay for it. Don't ever forget that.
    You seem to confuse paying for a service and paying an employee. You pay for the game. Blizzard doesn't work for you.
    Sometimes 'Merica happens, and you just have to deal with that.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    shortly after announcing u will no longer have to transfer heirlooms the hard way (with real world money) you can transfer stuff the easy way.

    honestly im almost impressed blizz still think blizz has anything resembling integrity. "heey guys cheap realm transfers.....and then hey guys, connecting realms!"
    There was a good 3-4 months between the paid services sale and the initial deployment of connected realms. In fact even with all the connections they have made so far there is still much more that remains to be done and will most likely continue over another 3-6 months at least. The sale was for players who didn't want to wait for connected realms and don't even try to deny Blizzard didn't give us advance warning. They told us from the get go when cross realm zones were implemented that the tech would be used down the road in resolving the low pop realm issue at some point during Mop. Then there is the fact that not everyone who uses transfer services do so because of realm population issues. So really just shut it.

  19. #99
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,846
    No, it's not odd.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    With dreanor you get a free lvl 90 and heirlooms account-wide. Noone would pay for transfer if they could just wait til WOD.
    So the sole purpose of this is just to give another incentitive to play til the addon. Its longterm actually wasted devtime as it will become obsolete with WOD, so they have to expect a profit from this or they wouldnt do it.
    Again the battle.net team doesn't develop for Wow. Their only contribution towards Wow is how battle.net interacts with it. That's it. They don't develop raids, they don't balance pvp and they have nothing to do with any actual content or game play mechanics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    I actually think kinda the opposite. I think their idea of making the toybox style UI led to what we have now via the mailing. The current version probably is them getting it to us as fast as possible after they've worked on how it should be utilized, i.e aforementioned toybox.
    Actually Blizzard had said a few years ago that they were considering bypassing the whole item mailing issue by making heirlooms a part of our character UI somehow and this was well before account wide pets and mounts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Yea, Being the biggest wow forum has it's down side. his place seems to have collected every troll the game has to offer. Past ad present players included. It seems Blizzard is out to get them personally and programming takes no time or money.
    Like I said it is a refuge for the worst of the worst of the official Wow forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •