Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    If it's proven to be safe then yes but that thing does not look safe at all imo.
    has netting and you are inside a vehicle its safe as it can be
    Man now want to ride it

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    has netting and you are inside a vehicle its safe as it can be
    Man now want to ride it
    Head first man, only way to do it

I would be the ride's first fatality by heart attack, so no thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yes. brb Kansas City.

Deleted
    Tbh after watching it on video, it does look scary like a rollercoaster, once you're on your way it looks beyond boring though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would be the ride's first fatality by heart attack, so no thank you.
    Right behind you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Now just as I figured would happen this waterslide has taken its first life. A 10 year old boy died riding this deathtrap. This thing should never have been built.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...r-park-n625001

A 10-year-old boy was killed Sunday in an accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police and the park said.

Winter Prosapio, a spokeswoman for the park, said the boy died on the Verrückt, which is billed as the world's tallest waterslide.

Caleb Schwab died Sunday on the Verruckt waterslide at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan. Schwab family via KSHB-TV
    The victim was identified as Caleb Schwab, the son of state Rep. Scott Schwab of Olathe. The water park said in its initial report that the boy was 12, but a family spokesman clarified late Sunday that he was 10.

In a statement, the family said that since the day Caleb was born, "he brought abundant joy to our family and all those he came in contact with."

"As we try to mend our home with him no longer with us, we are comforted knowing he believed in our Savior Jesus, and they are forever together now," the family said. "We will see him another day."

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Now just as I figured would happen this waterslide has taken its first life. A 10 year old boy died riding this deathtrap. This thing should never have been built.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...r-park-n625001
    You had this bookmarked just waiting for this to happen didn't you? Literally the oldest necro I've ever seen.

"As we try to mend our home with him no longer with us, we are comforted knowing he believed in our Savior Jesus, and they are forever together now," the family said. "We will see him another day."
    Well, at least there's that.

All snark aside, I hope they implement something to improve the safety here. This thing is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You had this bookmarked just waiting for this to happen didn't you? Literally the oldest necro I've ever seen.
    Its only a necro if the new posts arent relevant to the original post. That how it was explained to me

Well only crazy peolpe would ride the "Verrückt".

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No way. No freaking way.

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole 'chance of death' thing would add a certain amount of drama to it. Roller coasters don't really scare me anymore, but this would get my heart rate up!

Probably the kids own fault, they usually give you instructions to make it safe. If you dont remain in the safe position its your fault.

Set to be done in 2014

This is the completed project. You ride in a raft and the top of the slide is covered. If it killed somebody, they'd have to be riding it wrong.

So yes I'd ride it.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-08 at 12:14 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they going to install some extra safety precautions? Because as it looks, I would guess there would be countless injuries/deaths every day, and that can't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    [video=youtube;y4ULHQ08VzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ULHQ08VzI[video]

This is the completed project. You ride in a raft and the top of the slide is covered. If it killed somebody, they'd have to be riding it wrong.

So yes I'd ride it.
    Ahh, I see. Definitely would ride it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

So yes I'd ride it.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Are they going to install some extra safety precautions? Because as it looks, I would guess there would be countless injuries/deaths every day, and that can't be allowed. Ahh, I see. Definitely would ride it then.

A Congressman's son was decapitated on this ride on Sunday. Here was the alleged aftermath:

You sure you still want to ride it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its only a necro if the new posts arent relevant to the original post. That how it was explained to me
    There's also the issue of your "update" being rather different than the original post though.

This is something that would be far better suited to a new thread, due to the fact that people will come in, see the OP, and answer that instead of your most recent update, which it seems like Tennisace did anyway-
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rk-says-Source

Closing this.