Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you have an enchanter Grim Batol clears can net you 400-500g in less than 12 minutes.

Grim batol is ok, as is stonecore. Only issue with Grim batol is no easy teleport to the instance entrance like stonecore has so you'll waste quite some time running around.

Lost city on a tank DK goes fairly well, can pull almost the entire instance and facetank it down.

You really need a tailor for cata instances to be worth the time as the cloth is where a lot of the big money is. Greens can be DE'd by any toon but bonus cloth is pretty huge.

If you can handle the damage, clearing bastion of twilight trash can net you a ton of gold selling the BOE plate shoulders and a couple other items, as those shoulders are extremely popular due to matching DK T11 and fitting into many transmog sets. I haven't sold a pair of the shoulders below 20K in a long time.

BWL trash runs are ok if you have a mage / priest / night elf caster. Pull everything, aoe it all down till all that's left are blackwing spellbinders (immune to all magic damage), drop threat with greater invis / spectral guise / shadowmeld, all trash respawns, repeat. Runecloth is relatively worthless but some of the greens are ok for transmog and it's really mindlessly easy to do on even a fresh 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on your servers economy. Lots of ppl wanting to buy low lvl cata greens? Embersilk selling well? Running through BRC, TotT, SC, and VP will net you plenty of greens usable by 77-80 twinks. 83-85 twinks more popular? Jade Temple.

Pets sell for a decent price? MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx, SCC, and KT:Eye are the place to be. Look at your servers economy, figure out whats profitable, go farm.

If you just want a quick buck, running the pet raids will always make a few extra gold- while the MC pets currently sell for shit, all the other ones sell for at LEAST 500g, if not significantly more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not really; with all the extra people working on Shadowmourne a typical chest value is ~200k. Not really worth it for the time investment.
    Only 200k? lol. Seems worth it to me. I'm farming BT and getting about 500g. Granted I don't kill or loot most of the trash (bags fill up too fast), so there's probably a lot more to be made. 200k sounds like a lot to me, but I don't know what the time investment really is.

For the purposes of running something for gold, I generally don't consider anything that nets under 5K/hour to be worth the time unless I'm also farming something else at the same time, such as a mount, pet or particular transmog item. Assuming 1K gold is worth a dollar (which is about what chinese websites sell gold for these days), that's $5 an hour. Below that margin one could make the same amount of gold using gathering professions.

Obviously I'm not advocating buying gold, but if you look at it from an economic standpoint if you're not making at least that much an hour, you could just fly around mining which requires considerably less effort and thought to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not really; with all the extra people working on Shadowmourne a typical chest value is ~200k. Not really worth it for the time investment.
    It probably takes about 8 clears of ICC 25H on average to finish a Shadowmourne. That place takes an hour at most to clear with any decent sized group of 90s. 200k for 8 hours of work is way more than you can make doing anything else.

Probably not going to make you rich, but a full Black Temple clear will earn you about 1k gold for 30 minutes of your time on a level 90. That's just vendor trash and boss gold. If the greens/cloth/etc go for a fair price on your server, even more. Again, not the best time spent, but it's easy and fun.

Most profitable would be taking a tailor or enchanter and soloing the cata heroics and selling the cloth/dust.

Deleted
    Pit of Saron - HC.. Go in, clear trash (not any bosses). Pray for Batterede Hilt to drop from trash, if not go out and reset, then repeat. Batterede hilt sells for between 10-50K depending on your server/buyer. Don't sell it for less than 10K and don't use the AH :-) The cloth you get id sell on the AH and buy out the remaining stacks (I usually sell them for 70g a stack and it sells like warm butter!) this way I easily make 100K gold in a week :-) hope this helps!

If you are including pets, then I would rank raids in this order:

Karazhan (assuming you can do chess to get to Melchezzar, the pet he drops is worth a good 5-10k)
    SSC
    Naxxramas
    Tempest Keep
    First 2 bosses of Ulduar if you have an engineer
    Stonecore
    UBRS/LBRS as well - high density of mobs that drop a lot of cloth
    BWL

Grim Batol and Lost City... meh. Long flights from the zone in point, Stonecore is pretty close, plus a shot at a mount.

may also be worth it to do utgarde pinnacle/utgarde keep heroic, very easy run throughs and a shot at a mount in H-UP.

Kara and SSC are musts if you are a pet seller IMO. If you are looking to just farm the crap out of something, I'd go with Stonecore, or possibly Vortex Pinnacle, since there is a mount there as well + cloth + volatile air which is super expensive.

Edit: If you are a beastly ret/holy pally or shadow/holy priest, ICC25 normal may serve you well, just selling all the purps in there plus all the trash drops and stuff will net you some cool gold, but without any pet drops it's not as favorable as Kara/SSC/TK.
    Last edited by Pyromelter; 2013-11-30 at 08:46 AM.

Grim Batol isn't as bad as I thought. Mucking around with it and treasure finding pot, I made around 3500G in 5 clears, which instance capped me after 27 minutes. You just jump off the ledge and die at the end, then reset the instance while flying back as a ghost. Problem is you instance cap. The best bet would be to have a tailoring alt parked outside the instance with some pots - instance cap yourself with it then log on a main or another toon to craft or do scenarios or whatever.

I quite literally just facepulled swaths of the instance, LOSed around a corner and blizzarded it all down as a 577 arcane mage.

If not a tailor though, there'd be no point. There's just not enough gold in treasure finding / potion of luck to justify it over mining if you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellane View Post
    You could also do mount selling runs from sarth 3d
    Who would buy a Mount run to Wrath Raids? You could easily form your own, or solo 90% of the stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Kara and SSC are musts if you are a pet seller IMO.
    It sucks both of those instances have a boss fight that lasts forever, compared to other bosses. Chess and Lady Vasj are both annoying fights and with lots of downtime. They aren't hard at all if you know what you're doing, but you can't really burst through any of the fights.

You can kite Vashj to a far corner of the room then burn her down when she reaches 70% as she cannot transition into phase 2 until reaching her spawn point. If you kill her before she gets there, she dies and you skip the entirety of the add phase / phase 3.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-12-03 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    even farming old instances worth to try, since there are a lot of levelling materials dropped (and/or repu) wich could be sold in AH pretty quickly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    Pit of Saron - HC.. Go in, clear trash (not any bosses). Pray for Batterede Hilt to drop from trash, if not go out and reset, then repeat. Batterede hilt sells for between 10-50K depending on your server/buyer. Don't sell it for less than 10K and don't use the AH :-) The cloth you get id sell on the AH and buy out the remaining stacks (I usually sell them for 70g a stack and it sells like warm butter!) this way I easily make 100K gold in a week :-) hope this helps!
    And how many hours do you put into this?

Best regards
    Chop

Quote Originally Posted by rickipicki View Post
    even farming old instances worth to try, since there are a lot of levelling materials dropped (and/or repu) wich could be sold in AH pretty quickly
    lul wut? Its not that some materials drop but what ones sell anymore? Id like gold returns now nit six months from now. Too many short cuts, too much competition, and too few new unsupported player characters being created for most anything to be sold on the ah.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    lul wut? Its not that some materials drop but what ones sell anymore? Id like gold returns now nit six months from now. Too many short cuts, too much competition, and too few new unsupported player characters being created for most anything to be sold on the ah.
    I've sold something like 80,000 gold worth of vision dust and greater nether essence on the AH on a relatively populated server over the last few months so no.

Not to mention another 50-60k of illusion dust / greater eternal essence, and 50-60k of hypnotic dust.

AQ 20 has some decent transmog gear that will drop if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I've sold something like 80,000 gold worth of vision dust and greater nether essence on the AH on a relatively populated server over the last few months so no.

Not to mention another 50-60k of illusion dust / greater eternal essence, and 50-60k of hypnotic dust.
    Again, this is 100% on server location and 0% on the profession, which is why I hate these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Again, this is 100% on server location and 0% on the profession, which is why I hate these threads.
    Well no, it's the profession. Were I on a server where those particular items didn't sell, I wouldn't shuffle them and would do something else with them such as try play the transmog market, or be vendoring them and playing the professions which do have sales volume attached.

Were I on a server where professions didn't make me gold, I'd be a complete idiot to remain on said server if I wanted to make gold, sorry to say.