Deleted

Question about Battle.net and Achievements

Hey,

Not really sure how to put this in words without making it sound too confusing but here we go.
    Basically i have two battle.net accounts, we will call them Account X & Account Y

Account X has My main and an alt on it, between them i have about 14k Achievements (about 9k on my main and 5k on my alt) my main aslo has Invincible Reins + a few other rare mounts and titles, If i were to transfer my main to Account Y would i still have 14k Achievements and Invincible Reins + the other rare mount and titles on both characters?

Hope the question makes sense :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixel23 View Post
    Hey,

Not really sure how to put this in words without making it sound too confusing but here we go.
    Basically i have two battle.net accounts, we will call them Account X & Account Y

Account X has My main and an alt on it, between them i have about 14k Achievements (about 9k on my main and 5k on my alt) my main aslo has Invincible Reins + a few other rare mounts and titles, If i were to transfer my main to Account Y would i still have 14k Achievements and Invincible Reins + the other rare mount and titles on both characters?

Hope the question makes sense :P
    Yes, you would.

They won't let you transfer across different BNet accounts I think. You definitely mean two different BNet accounts, not two WoW accounts under one BNet account?

I was in this position a while back, if both accounts have the same name on them you can merge them, so that your two WoW accounts are under the same BNet, then you can transfer back and forth. And you won't have to wait an hour when you mail between accounts (when not in the same guild)! And can mail heirlooms and other BoAs. When you do this all your achievements will merge. I think pets and mounts as well but check with the customer service people.

If all your good stuff is on account X, just tell them to merge Y into X and that way Y will inherit everything from X (I think X will also inherit pets and mounts from Y but I'm not 100% on that). Achievements definitely merge properly from both accounts though.

But yeah if for some reason they do let you transfer a toon, it would in theory carry all pets, mounts, achieves etc to your other account as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Yes, you would.
    So, i would pretty much be cloning the account in a way, just not the characters...

So, i would pretty much be cloning the account in a way, just not the characters...
    Yeah, in a way. If you transfer your main, for example, it'll bring its 9k points and all account bound mounts, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Yeah, in a way. If you transfer your main, for example, it'll bring its 9k points and all account bound mounts, etc.
    Ohh ok, so i wouldn't bring over the achivments and mounts that are unique to my alt, for example my alt has Mimrons Head that would stay on account X.

All your achieves, pets and mounts are stored at the account level but they're copied to the toons whenever you log into them and vice versa. If you transfer a toon from X to Y, as soon as you log into that toon, account Y will refresh and it will add all of the achieves, pets and mounts from that toon (ie, from account X). At least, that's how it used to work.

The real question is whether they will allow you to transfer in the first place. If they're different BNet accounts you can't transfer via the automated service. They may or may not let you over the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh ok, so i wouldn't bring over the achivments and mounts that are unique to my alt, for example my alt has Mimrons Head that would stay on account X.
    There are no unique achis/mounts, that Mimiron's Head is available to all your toons on that account. Everything will be brought across. IF you can transfer.

I think some misinformation has gone out in this thread; and I'll try to clear it up.

I did this; primarily because in my case, acc X had main, acc Y had only alts, BUT it did have Warcraft and Starcraft key. I figured I would move everything to Y to have everything in the same account.

Lo and behold, they moved my entire wow acc from bnet acc X over to bnet acc Y. I was happy until I logged on, and I had 3 mounts (previously 200+). The same drill with all the achievements, well, I didnt get completly robbed, i still had SOME; but most if not all had been elevated to b.net acc, and left behind on my old acc. Needless to say I got the procedure reversed because I was at close to 20k points, and didnt want to give that up.
    ^ I agree with this.

Everything used to move I think, but earlier in MoP they changed it so a lot of stuff didn't. You'd need to ask a GM specifically, or call up CS since sometimes GM's will give different answers. It had something to do with people buying old accounts and re-activating them with Scrolls of Resurrection and then selling off toons that had rare mounts (I think Black AQ one was big deal) so that the buyer would get the mount. Some places were selling like packages of 200+ mounts or "every mount in the game" and that led to them restricting some things from xferring on b.net transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    I think some misinformation has gone out in this thread; and I'll try to clear it up.

I did this; primarily because in my case, acc X had main, acc Y had only alts, BUT it did have Warcraft and Starcraft key. I figured I would move everything to Y to have everything in the same account.

Lo and behold, they moved my entire wow acc from bnet acc X over to bnet acc Y. I was happy until I logged on, and I had 3 mounts (previously 200+). The same drill with all the achievements, well, I didnt get completly robbed, i still had SOME; but most if not all had been elevated to b.net acc, and left behind on my old acc. Needless to say I got the procedure reversed because I was at close to 20k points, and didnt want to give that up.
    This is why I said you should be careful to specify that you want to merge the account with alts into the account with all your achis and shit (ie, you choose your best account as your "master" account) to ensure this doesn't happen.

However when I merged my two accounts I had a feat of strength on my alt account that wasn't on my main. After the merge I got all my main achieves plus that feat, so I don't know if they changed the way it works but it seemed to work fine for me. I vaguely remember the guy warning me that I might lose pets and mounts from my secondary account though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Everything used to move I think, but earlier in MoP they changed it so a lot of stuff didn't. You'd need to ask a GM specifically, or call up CS since sometimes GM's will give different answers. It had something to do with people buying old accounts and re-activating them with Scrolls of Resurrection and then selling off toons that had rare mounts (I think Black AQ one was big deal) so that the buyer would get the mount. Some places were selling like packages of 200+ mounts or "every mount in the game" and that led to them restricting some things from xferring on b.net transfers.
    LOL, I remember a guildy offering me that for like $2k.

So, i'll just pop here to say what happened to me. I merged my two battle net accounts yesterday so all the info here is up to date.

I had two battle net accounts on the same name. One was abandoned since start Cataclysm but had a lot of vannila, tbc and wotlk achievements and mounts (Hand of A'dal, pvp rank, Undying, Raven mount, Deathcharger's reins and much more). The other account was the account I was using at the moment (With Cataclysm and MoP achievements/mounts).

I created a ticket with the live chat of the blizzard support team, asking if it was possible to merge the 2 battle net accounts without losing any achievements or mounts. I already read that this was most likely not the case. To my surprise however, the GM assured me that I would not lose a single achievement or mount when merging the accounts. He only said that if I wanted to keep pets I needed to cage them, but I didn't really care about pets.

So, I went ahead and merged the accounts. My old battle net.account became part of my current battle net.account. They are now on 2 seperate accounts within 1 battle net. But, EVERY single achievement and EVERY single mount remained on EVERY character on BOTH accounts!

This means that not only my lvl 90 main resto shaman has all the achievements, titles and mounts from vanilla, tbc and wotlk but my old lvl 85 Cataclysm shaman had all the achievement, titles and mounts from MoP.

Basically, if you are allowed to merge the 2 battle net accounts you are golden.