Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Really happy Timeless Isle is difficult.

It was so refreshing to actually get killed for a change and having to actually use abilities on my class that people never seem to use anywhere else is fantastic.

I love interrupting, stunning, trapping, and other nonsense just so I can kill a few guys or survive. Its an awesome feeling that I have to actually use my mind and most of my abilities on my class to survive, just like the old days.

Note: There is challenge in the game in other places (heroic raids, or normals etc.), but I haven't been able to do them, really enjoying some content I can actually do on my own time that makes me think. I'm really glad the basis of Timeless isle is the future of questing and I hope it still retains the challenge.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

See the title? It says I enjoyed something!! "wow!" "such amazing" "so awesome" I'm not sure if the thread will feel that way once you read the responses. Enter if you dare.

I had a good time, expressed my enjoyment and everyone just insulted me and/or bashed me for thinking it was difficult. My mistake, I won't post something I enjoy on WoW ever again. Such a toxic community.

Stay classy my friends.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2013-11-20 at 06:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    umm.... how are you dying? I didn't think it was hard at all.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cinderfall approves of this thread. May he continue to cause large amounts of repair bills for melee players!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love ganking again as a rogue! mauhahaha

Deleted
    It becomes significantly less difficult once you use the buffs the island provides

10+ Year Old Account
    Either trolling or just dinged a fresh 90 and didn't prep with a mailbox full of tokens...

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm not running around in full LFR gear, just Timeless and some old heroics. Also, there are guys that slaughter you if you pull too many or don't interrupt (The elemental frost dudes in the cave?) Also, if you aren't doing it by yourself it isn't going to be challenging. I barely survive pulling two elite creatures, especially any youngul or elementals... Rare spawns are difficult to solo as well.

FYI My server is nearly dead, there aren't armies of people coming to aid me at every corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Cinderfall approves of this thread. May he continue to cause large amounts of repair bills for melee players!
    He is the enemy of all Mele everywhere.

Deleted
    go under 480 ilvl and try bro.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    go under 480 ilvl and try bro.
    I don't think he has ever ventured there, hell I'm still in full Timeless gear and I'm still having a hard time in some areas.

Of course its going to be easy if you have a full group of friends or you're in full LFR or above. That's what happens when you out gear content.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a fresh 90, it's quite difficult to solo some of the elite mobs. Death Adders will just obliterate you. Gulp Frogs will get 10 stacks of their poison on you every time. Solution: Ding 90, form a group with some friends or guildies, and collect your shiny new 496's!

Deleted
    It isn't hard, it is just consuming, and those world bosses just have insta-gib tactics, in my opinion the Timeless Isle failed pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL ~~ timeless isle a challenge? Not sure what you're doing wrong. Timeless isle is a face roll zone to catch up your gear so you can jump into LFR. There is nothing difficult on the island.

Deleted
    Death adders are creepy, sneaky, though little.. hrr... annoying as hell creatures... but overall its a quite balanced area. i doesn't feel "all easy"... And the ganks... oh...
    I remember the days pre sunwell... we had to go on a group, or we would be ganked,
    Fun Days

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    It isn't hard, it is just consuming, and those world bosses just have insta-gib tactics, in my opinion the Timeless Isle failed pretty hard.
    A fresh 90 or a character that hasn't played since 5.1 would disagree with you. If you have been playing every patch doing LFR and then you jump into timeless... its going to be easy. The purpose of Timeless was mainly to gear up new 90s or allow people coming back to get right into the new content with new gear. Not for people who have been playing since MoPs release. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL ~~ timeless isle a challenge? Not sure what you're doing wrong. Timeless isle is a face roll zone to catch up your gear so you can jump into LFR. There is nothing difficult on the island.
    Cinderfall would disagree with you. Also, like I stated above:

A: I don't have a million players on my server.

B: I was wearing heroic gear when I jumped in.

C: haven't played since 5.1

D: I think I know what challenge is, played since Vanilla. If you are having an easy time than you either have a ton of friends in your group or you're over geared.

E:

At first I wouldnt agree with you since my hunter can brute force his way tru the island... BUT a week or so ago I decided to bring my freshly dinged DK to the Islenad and oh boy, being a melee class under 500 ilvl is hurtfull. :P

Deleted

Its gear-dependent dude, maybe not so hard when you have good gear but try it with under 470 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    It failed hard with what, exactly?
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-11-20 at 05:27 PM.

It does give a challenge when you go there on a freshly dinged 90. Even on a geared 90, you can get some challenges with the bigger elite mobs. It's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't kill stuff. You immediately get all of the chests for gear. I've done this twice recently and got nearly every single armor piece I needed this way before even messing with killing anything. Then, if you want to, you kill things. And you do it with the buffs from around the island. You don't charge in at 437 ilevel like, "OKAY GUIZ, LET'S DO THIS!!!"
    Look! Words!

Timeless Isle is definitely a nice change of pace. Some of it requires higher end gear to get through, and most of the rest is knowing how to get around enemy mechanics and so on.

And for those who think it's easy/faceroll mode - you're very much in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    At first I wouldnt agree with you since my hunter can brute force his way tru the island... BUT a week or so ago I decided to bring my freshly dinged DK to the Islenad and oh boy, being a melee class under 500 ilvl is hurtfull. :P
    I agree so much, did it with my warrior first with just heroic gear and contenders. haha, oh man it was brutal.

Ranged hunter isn't so bad though.