Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Would hardly say it was difficult.

The only mobs that could be difficult are the Eternal Kilnmasters if people don't kill the Kilns, so their ground cone becomes a 1-shot that you have 0.5 seconds to avoid. Maybe the Berserker's too if you're trying to run away from them, as you'll just be spammed with 250k charges.

Also, your edit is ridiculous. "Stay classy my friends" is particularly hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    If I remember it correctly it is 25% of the MOBS base health not yours. Either way i have done up to six. cannot do more because at that point i have one dead before I gather up the next.
    It is your health, but any damage reductions an absorbs will affect it.

If it was of their health, you would be taking 300k+ to the face everytime (even as a level 85 mage - my poor mage wouldn't stand a chance when accidentally tapping one killing hte worms), it's 25% of your health, before DR, before absorbs, before everything.

Yes it's very easy with a tank or a healing class to take tons of the fuckers, but if you are a brainless moron on any class you should still take 4-6 hits no problem.

@the guy thinking I mistook it for crit damage, no. Guess what happens when you crit more often? Your average damage goes up.

You fire a shot, it does 10k damage and 20k crit. Let's say (to make this easy for you) you have 0% crit before the buff. That means 100 shots do 1000k damage.

Now with JUST the crit from the buff, 25% of them will crit and do DOUBLE damage. This means 25 shots on average will do 20k while 75 shots do 10k. This means you do 1250k damage.

You see how crit chance increases your damage now?

You also get 25% haste, which means you will do 25 more shots while the unbuffed you does 100. That actually brings you up to doing 125 shots with approximately 31 of them critting.

This means your shot damage has now gone up to 1560k damage compared to the original 1000k. You then include mastery.

*Crit has a lower effect in real gameplay due to you having some crit % already, although negligible
    ** haste may have a lower benefit in real gameplay depending on which spells it scales with. I'm fairly certain it's a good stat for 2 hunter specs though
    *** same applies to the crit from agi and the ap from agi for coefficients, in real the damage will be lower than in a similar simple example.

What I'm trying to say is, do you think yu'lon increases your damage by 50%+?
    Last edited by Raiju; 2013-11-23 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A bit challenging for my rogue at first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    <wall of text>
    Chi-ji buff is insane for Shadow Priests. Haste means more dot ticks. Mastery duplicates dot ticks. Crit means more Shadow Apparitions from Shadow Word: Pain ticks. With 25% to each, good gear and trinkets with Haste (VP) and Crit (Coins) proccs means that you can stick Shadow Word: Pain on multiple mobs and watch Apparitions fly all over the place, covering your screen in 50ks.

"Lol I'mma feel a bit better by bashing some stranger and claiming that what he Thinks of as difficult I consider faceroll lololo".

Seriously dudes, just...get over yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I got a char to 90, or decided to log into one of my 90s, I'd go straight to the the Isle. Within a few hours of farming the chests, completing most of the quests, and killing rares, they'd be completely geared. And on top of that, finding lots of gear for my other chars. So in essence, every character I took out there needed to farm fewer and fewer items. The biggest grind was farming enough coins for weapons from the vendor.

Out of 12 90s (have two druids now), only 9 of them have even set foot on the isle, and most of them are at least 90% decked out in timeless gear. I have 8 mail heads, 5 mail pants, and 5 mail gloves sitting on a bank char right now. I've also DE'd so many cloth tokens it's not even funny. I think my mage is sitting on at least two stacks of shards, just from timeless gear. And technically I still have 3 more chars to take out there! Getting gear from Timeless Isle is so ridiculously easy. I think difficulty is entirely based on what class you are playing; most of my chars had no problems solo'ing the snakes, and my hunter and warlock had no problems solo'ing the frogs. I don't know about the rest of your servers, but on mine finding rep grinding groups was easy, and at least hourly someone was doing Celestial kills. My server is almost dead lol.

I finally joined up with a friend's rogue out there, and we just blitzed through everything. Mobs died in seconds. The coins were flying. I've had a lot of fun out there, but not nearly as much fun if they'd given us the three epic instances they usually do near the end of an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I finally joined up with a friend's rogue out there, and we just blitzed through everything. Mobs died in seconds. The coins were flying. I've had a lot of fun out there, but not nearly as much fun if they'd given us the three epic instances they usually do near the end of an expansion.
    Seems like people like sending people "out in the world" more than instances. Which kinda sucks, because I actually prefer instances myself.

It's quite difficult to make the World too "difficult and challenging" for reasons people went over in the thread. If the stuff is tuned for 540 gear, then people in quest gear will be bored (just due to mob health values). If the stuff is tuned for quest gear people then people in 540 gear will be bored since things will die in 1-3 hits.

That is why the World content can never be too big of a challenge, it's expected that a lot of Average Joes will be doing it, and if it's too difficult they would simply be unable to kill anything. TI did a good job by making most attacks avoidable (so it doesn't matter how geared you are to a point), but avoiding everything and burning down 10m health in 463 gear above anything else is just... boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post

Its gear-dependent dude, maybe not so hard when you have good gear but try it with under 470 ^^
    It's class dependent. If you are a lock or hunter, you will have a pretty easy time. If you are a class with lots of stuns, you will have a fairly easy time. If you are melee, you kinda get the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    It's class dependent. If you are a lock or hunter, you will have a pretty easy time. If you are a class with lots of stuns, you will have a fairly easy time. If you are melee, you kinda get the shaft.
    I'd say it's the ones that have it easy that get the shaft. They seem to be the ones complaining about Timeless Isle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Seems like people like sending people "out in the world" more than instances. Which kinda sucks, because I actually prefer instances myself.

It's quite difficult to make the World too "difficult and challenging" for reasons people went over in the thread. If the stuff is tuned for 540 gear, then people in quest gear will be bored (just due to mob health values). If the stuff is tuned for quest gear people then people in 540 gear will be bored since things will die in 1-3 hits.
    They should of had that path that leads up to the Ordon Sanctuary keep going, but the mobs get harder and harder all the way to Normal or heroic raiding difficulty.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    nothing is hard except the occasional mob who have tons of health and easily avoided atacks which are just tedious. the only difficult thing is getting around for classes w/o stealth

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    nothing is hard except the occasional mob who have tons of health and easily avoided atacks which are just tedious. the only difficult thing is getting around for classes w/o stealth
    And my response to you and others is

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitiz View Post
    I signed up to mmo-champion after about 5 years of reading daily to respond to this thread.

Timeless Isle is the most difficult outside content current available in wow. That is a fact.

You can go to any other zone in the game at current gear level and pull about 10 to 20 mobs and aoe them all down and come out at full HP.

Timeless Isles you can't.

That means it is more difficult. The End.

..and if for some reason I am missing something. What equals difficulty in the eyes of those saying it isn't? I am at a loss as to how anyone can say that this isn't the most difficult solo outdoor content in WoW. Which is what the OP was referring to.

Sure, I can solo it fine on my 548 Warrior. but is is still more DIFFICULT than anywhere else I can go in WoW right now.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Lol I'mma feel a bit better by bashing some stranger and claiming that what he Thinks of as difficult I consider faceroll lololo".

Seriously dudes, just...get over yourselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah....I loveeee running from rare to rare and having to pass 2 random mobs near a bridge who will charge me to death whenever I run past them. So great !......not.
    Or when I see 100 ppl fighting Archereus and I decide to join in....only to get oneshotted by something 1 second later....how is that fun?

Deleted
    I have only one questsion about the Timeless Isle. Where's the dynamic boss event?

Timeless isle is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE grind. I don't get how people don't notice it.

They might as well call it "Endless grind isle" and replace all the models with boars.

As far as difficulty goes. Death adders can be a pain, and some bosses (im looking at Cinderfall) are a bit jokes for melee, but on the whole even with a low ilvl it just comes down to positioning and moving out of AOE. Most elite mobs aren't in anyway difficult there.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Timeless isle is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE grind. I don't get how people don't notice it.

They might as well call it "Endless grind isle" and replace all the models with boars.

As far as difficulty goes. Death adders can be a pain, and some bosses (im looking at Cinderfall) are a bit jokes for melee, but on the whole even with a low ilvl it just comes down to positioning and moving out of AOE. Most elite mobs aren't in anyway difficult there.
    This whole game is a grind...

The only time I die there are when bored factionmembers decide to use whatever it is that allows them to kill their own faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Out of 12 90s (have two druids now), only 9 of them have even set foot on the isle, and most of them are at least 90% decked out in timeless gear.
    Being decked out in full 496 gear is hardly an accomplishment, even if it was on 50 chars. Try getting one fully decked out in 2-stat 535 gear that has spec-appropriate stats. You're gonna take your sweet time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    This whole game is a grind...
    There's a difference between having fun along the way for character progression and feeling like you're doing a second job for character progression (or worse yet, feeling like your actual job is more fun than the game). That's where they went wrong with dailies. "Farm" raid is also a bit of a grind but at least the bosses are still semi-interesting to kill.

The thing with Timeless Isle is most raiders did not need to grind it to progress their character. Grinds that don't reward character progression are actually a lot better since they feel much more "optional" and "your own pace" thing - while I did the "grind" to get Exalted Shaohao Rep for the Mount, I didn't feel I was really being "pushed" hard and took it at my pace.

That's what a good grind is, and I think Blizzard's "gate character progression behind shitty grind" is a massive fucking disaster recipe.

Have to agree with you. Getting reputation with Emperor Shaohao to exalted felt with a giant grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for ya. I sometimes get the feeling that this community caters to elitist jerks. It doesn't, it is just those that identify themselves as much feel the need to post tha they don't feel challenged by such content and put others down. Don't feel bad mate, you can't control everyone. I enjoy the island for the pet aspect. My only complaint is the instant ilvl boost.

Is it really that good of an idea to give a fresh level 90 to an ilvl 496 score? Probably not lol. I'me sure there are some folks that are just fine, but let's face it. That majority can't compete at all in that environment. That isn't a bad thing at all by the way. You need to learn to walk before you run right?
    Last edited by Issalice; 2013-11-24 at 08:29 AM. Reason: So many damn typos,,,so many lol