Timeless Isle - I feel like a derp

I first want to start off with saying I haven't played wow in a very long time and when i did play I was mainly a fire mage. I also want apologize for such a low level question but i did try to search the mage forums first before asking and did some googling. I have been trying to kill those random elites and so far have only been successful when i get help from people around me. It would be extremely helpful if some of you could post some tips on what you do to kill the different mobs. I tried looking at the frost pve guide but that seemed like raiding information to me and also assumed you knew what you were doing, which i feel i really don't have a clue. Thanks.

Edit: I wanted to add that i went frost because i had heard it was easier that way and wasn't as gear dependent.
    I also have craptastic gear. I am slowly gaining better gear from the chests i find and those spirit bosses.
    Last edited by kodefoo; 2013-11-20 at 06:50 PM. Reason: more info

Deleted
    some aren't soloable, and as per the usual fire mage burn it down, unfortunately we're rather gear dependent with our crit lvls, make use of your nova, breath and counterspells, also grab the island buffs from the various places, and aim for a chiji buff from the shrines.

Get the buffs from the island and kill stuff. Stay away from the harder elites till you get better gear.

On my low geared characters, I stick to the lower areas while I work on getting gear from LFR/flex/normal raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    some aren't soloable, and as per the usual fire mage burn it down, unfortunately we're rather gear dependent with our crit lvls, make use of your nova, breath and counterspells, also grab the island buffs from the various places, and aim for a chiji buff from the shrines.
    They are all solo-able. I can kill everything on the island solo except celesials(I can actually solo some of these on my tank) and ordos.

Everything is soloable with some gear and the chiji or yulon buff. If you don't have good gear yet loot all the chests on the island and do all the quests which should get you some decent stuff. If you still have a hard time killing things just rotate the island tagging rares, which is probably the most efficient way of getting burdens now anyway.

In any case don't forget to pick up either chiji or yulon buffs! Chiji is by miles the better dps buff, but yulon also increases your health in addition to being the second best dps buff. Once you start grinding mobs you will get more than enough buff items to have them on permanently. Especially the intellect proc one is very good.

Deleted
    Ship can't be soloed, too much dammage that can't be avoided and mages have rubbish self healing

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Ship can't be soloed, too much dammage that can't be avoided and mages have rubbish self healing
    I solo it all the time. Go to the bottom of the water and you will take zero damage. Use the helm that gives you under water breathing and it's the easiest one to solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I solo it all the time. Go to the bottom of the water and you will take zero damage. Use the helm that gives you under water breathing and it's the easiest one to solo.
    It's not soloable, it will sail away if you try. It requires a certain amount of people to be within it's aggro radius at all times.