Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Cigars, hookers, 12 year old scotch, hookers.

Deleted
    If he likes sports you could buy him some tickets to go with yourself or his buddies, whatever he would prefer.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirulon View Post
    Hi! So here's the gist: I've been with my man for 1.5 years now and Christmas is coming up and I'm thoroughly confused as to what to get him.

His birthday just passed and I bought him a nice shave set with a straight razor because he'd dropped hints about that. Aside from that, I'm not really sure what else to get him. I want it to be something nice and under $100. He's financially stable and can essentially get whatever he wants himself, I just want something that's special and that will last a while.

What kinds of presents do you, menfolk, love/want to get? I need ideas!
    You should probably ask him and not us. He's a man, he'll answer questions without being cryptic about it. If he really is a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the best gift there could be is something what is connected to hobbies/interests. It's especially good if you don't really share that interest, because it means that you cared enough to do some research. For example I'm very much in to metal music. With some small research it's easy to determine that most of all I prefer thrash metal (I have a battle vest, which so far have only thrash metal patches). Next step is to determine special attributes of that interest => one could see that many thrashers wear bullet belts. Well, that's not really a simple thing to get, but if you have time and live in more/less "civilized" country, it's likely you can order it to be shipped from somewhere. Even if I might not like it, I would highly appreciate effort put into determining what unusual stuff I might like. Personally, I would prefer that kind of thought out gifts or no gifts at all. Sadly, usually nobody even tries to guess what might be considered cool. \-:
    More neutral gift could be a really good knife (something that looks aggressive/military, not your generic kitchen knife). A couple of my friends gave me a knife for, I think, my 12th birthday, and even though we didn't see each other for years, it brings good memories every time I see it. Though, I might be biased here, because I generally like knives (yes, I play rogue -_-).
    Something useful like a set of screwdrivers is also cool neutral gift.
    Various consumable stuff is no good, imo, because after it's used, you will never remember it (unless it was something really-really unique/special) and you won't be reminded about the person who gave you that, because it's gone.

Deleted
    Personally I'm pretty easy to deal with. I usually tell/hint people what I'd like to have but I'm completely happy with anything that has idea and though behind it. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that shows you really care. I think that the idea and meaning means the most in gift. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocThor View Post
    Personally I'm pretty easy to deal with. I usually tell/hint people what I'd like to have but I'm completely happy with anything that has idea and though behind it. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that shows you really care. I think that the idea and meaning means the most in gift. But that's just me.
    I tell my girl to skip buying presents but it doesn't get through to her. hehe
    There is one exception, cake, without birthday cake in the morning then there is no bday. Because hey, who doesn't like cake.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Electronics, sexy outfits, and more electronics.
    don't forget a blowjob or sexual favors.

Deleted
    I tell my girl to skip buying presents but it doesn't get through to her. hehe
    There is one exception, cake, without birthday cake in the morning then there is no bday. Because hey, who doesn't like cake.
    Yeah. Same thing pretty much. Especially because we're both studying and don't have too much money she insist to buy me expensive presents, even though I've said that I'm happy as long as you just remembers me with some little meaningful way. Her presence in my life is enough. I don't need expensive presents. Something self made is always more meaningful, let it be card, cake or some trinket.

Hmm. Food, sex, and electronics.

So if I make him a sandwich, bang him until he can't get up no more, and then give him the TV remote, would that be alright?
    Well the remote is kinda optional. I'd prefer a controller and a gf who is willing to pay MK, Tekken or Fifa with me, but otherwise spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye25 View Post
    Yes, in a nutshell..But there's still better...You just gotta combine them...Suck him off as he's eating a sandwich and watching TV. Then you have something magical.
    Very magical.

He usually drops hints and either I've gotten him what he wanted or he's bought it himself. I'm out of ideas, currently.
    Each guy is different, but after 1.5 years try to get him something a bit personalised. Something that will have sentimental value to him. It's better than buying a shirt in my opinion and it shows you put thought into it.

What does he like? What is his style? Something like a personalised piece or a nice photo of you two and a small piece of jewellery is nice in my opinion.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

Eschewing the sexy times that most men enjoy, my only suggestion is "manly" antique collectables. Grown up toys that he can show off, bonus points if they're actually functional. An old brass captain's sextant, or compass. Really nice monocular scope. Hardcover printing of Homer's Odyssey from the 40s.

Not knowing your dude, I have no idea if any of the above would apply. But if my lady got me any of those things, I would love her forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Cigars, hookers, 12 year old scotch, hookers.
    Hard to argue with the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    "manly" antique collectables. Grown up toys that he can show off, bonus points if they're actually functional. An old brass captain's sextant, or compass. Really nice monocular scope. Hardcover printing of Homer's Odyssey from the 40s.
    This would certainly work for me. I love all that kind of bric-a-brac. Old timey bells, keys, swords, armor, sailing tackle, microscope, maps - love that stuff.

Men to me seem easier to get presents for since we want very specific things like:

This certain video game, this certain movie, this type of TV, etc

Women are usually the ones who say they want like a "cute necklace" and were scrambling around trying to figure out what the hell classifies it as cute

Honestly though men dont really mind if you ask what do u want from christmas, we'd rather get something specific than have you try and surprise us with something we arent really into

I'd like to go to the amusement park and ride a bunch of roller coasters. I'd like to go waterskiing. I'd like to go white water rafting. I'd like to just spend a day playing cards. Just stuff popping into my head at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    I believe it is spelt whiskey you heathen! ^^

OT get whatever small thing you thing links with whatever he enjoys doing
    Whisky = Scotch whisky
    Whiskey = non-Scotch whisky

You said he had dropped hints on a good shave kit. If he is in to grooming like that, take him to an old school barber shop that does a hot shave.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    peanut butter jelly time
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)