Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does Blizzard Implementing Store UI to Sell us Mounts, Pets, Weapons, Armor???

I was just looking at the new interface changes, icons and how the StoreUI looks on PTR now, also interesting new interface come up called AuthChallengeUI. AuthChallengeUI is connected in some way with StoreUI Main Frame probably extra login for safe giving money for wow Items & Services

Anyway back to StoreUI it is updated as you can see on video:

By the look we gonna have categories on the left and on the right items.
    Now interesting things are those new icons added that are related to StoreUI. (they are found in Interface\Store folder)

Icon Names (Possible Categories): Armor, Bag, book, clothes, enchantscroll, featured (Featured Items), food, free, hot, key, misc, mounts, pets, placehoder, sale, scroll, services, ticket, toys, weapons, wow

And those new Strings

BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_CANCEL - Cancel
    BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_CONNECTING - Verifying...
    BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_SUBMIT - Submit
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_ARS - $%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_AUD - $%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_BRL - R$ %s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_CLP - $%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_EURO - %s EUR
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_GBP - GBP%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_MXN - $%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_RUB - %s RUB
    BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_USD - $%s
    BLIZZARD_STORE_DISCOUNT_TEXT_FORMAT - -%d%%
    BLIZZARD_STORE_PAGE_NUMBER - Page %d/%d
    Just update:
    Judging from the code I read:
    <Texture parentKey="Services" inherits="icon-category-services" hidden="true" />
    <Texture parentKey="Mounts" inherits="icon-category-mounts" hidden="true" />
    <Texture parentKey="Pets" inherits="icon-category-pets" hidden="true" />
    <Texture parentKey="Consumables" inherits="icon-category-consumables" hidden="true" />
    Looks like Mounts, Pets, Services and consumables only for now... It may change ofc this is damn PTR :P
    Last edited by Stiven; 2013-11-20 at 08:20 PM.

They are probably going to try and implement the store directly into WoW like buying cards is in Hearthstone. They don't want anybody to need to leave the game to access anything that is part of the game.

Wow if its gonna pop up Epics the sub amount will really go down, is this confirmed?

We don't know what they're doing with it yet.

Working as an interface designer you often develop all the options you are asked for as well as all the common options available through competitors so that the non-design teams don't need to come back to you and ask for more stuff later. You don't want to come back to a project over and over for something you knew was a possiblity.

They already sell armor, cosmetic armor (those $15 helms). I wouldn't be surprised if they kept expanding that part of the store, including cosmetic weapons.

Deleted
    MMORPGs have had this feature for years

No surprise Blizzard are going for the impulse buyers. Steam and their constant sales show that market is a popular one indeed. All those games people buy and then put on their ever growing pile of shame.

Blizzard already has a history of selling cosmetic armor, so there's no reason to think that those armor/weapon icons are referring to anything other than cosmetic pieces.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they eventually allow legendary weapon transmogs... "If you have the achievement, you can buy the Thunderfury replica for $30! A bargain!"

Ugh...seeing this shit makes me sick. I'm fine with games like Tera and GW2 having this shit...but a Subscription MMO? Fuck no.

Just gonna hide in my damn Garrison while the world burns.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

10+ Year Old Account
    they are basicly implementing the store that currently is on their website directly into the game.

Deleted
    I don't actually mind a store, just as long as they still implement cosmetic items in game too

change the code "true" to "false" and see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
    change the code "true" to "false" and see what happens....
    Really Can't be arsed to modify the code myself, and I would also need to clear SIG & MD5 Protection on wow.exe so I can load custom interface addon + warden don't like that things

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they eventually allow legendary weapon transmogs... "If you have the achievement, you can buy the Thunderfury replica for $30! A bargain!"
    The day that happens nobody will care for WoW anymore. WoW will be an empty wasteland with 5 servers max.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The day that happens nobody will care for WoW anymore. WoW will be an empty wasteland with 5 servers max.
    You're underestimating the number of cows that like to be milked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You're underestimating the number of cows that like to be milked.
    Hehe true this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this really old news?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Isn't this really old news?
    Yes but people take a while to catch up. And selling transmogrification stuff won't be the end of the game for those who imagine it's impending doom. And yeah, people will buy things and if that makes them happy, bully for them. If you don't want to buy anything then never open the UI and you'll be safe.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Pay to win will infect WoW if Blizzard thinks it will make it more profitable.

It's just the sad reality of gaming these days.