Thread: WoD Legendaries

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD Legendaries

Soooo If this is already a thing, please lock or move it.

But is there any info on what or how the Legendary will be handled in WoD. As in another Expansion spanning meta-quest or one item per raid tier? Also do you think it will be a cloak again if it is a expansion wide quest. Maybe based on the warlords instead of celestials? Any thoughts? Please no MISTS LEGENDARY WAS GAY HAXXOR, just constructive thoughts and discussion please

Deleted
    apparently there will be a long legendary quest like in MoP. and a legendary that will drop from a boss

There will be another expansion-long legendary quest that anyone can get. But there will also be more 'exclusive' legendaries that may be obtained in a more traditional way.

That's all anyone knows right now.

Hoping for a legendary ring because I never get two good rings in one tier...
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    apparently there will be a long legendary quest like in MoP. and a legendary that will drop from a boss
    Im glad blizz took my advice. I'll wait for the check in the mail btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Hoping for a legendary ring because I never get two good rings in one tier...
    I think I actually heard somebody say it was going to be a necklace.

All they've said is that they like how the cape worked out (ie putting in effort across the whole expansion and actually having it relevant for progression in the final tier) but they also like how special the old style ones felt, so we might end up seeing both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I think I actually heard somebody say it was going to be a necklace.
    Either way, it would be great getting something which isnt going to fuck up your whole transmogging.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are they will just throw one at you when you first log in after installing WoD, given recent patterns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Odds are they will just throw one at you when you first log in after installing WoD, given recent patterns
    Oh yeah, just like the MoP one. Didn't take months of grinding at all.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly they said they liked how the cloak worked but there will not be a similar questline in WoD. They mentioned they wanted to add more traditional legendaries and fingers crossed, they tie them into Mythic only.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they'll be bracers, since the days of Legendaries being these amazing models everyone stopped and congratulated you on are over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I remember seeing somewhere that there would be one similar to the legendary cloak from MoP added but not as extensive covering the entire expansion like maybe only through the launch patch, along with additional I believe it was either class or role specific legendary/legendary's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Either way, it would be great getting something which isnt going to fuck up your whole transmogging.
    I disagree, i totally want a visible piece. My mog's not so sacred i can't base it around a legendary.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Oh yeah, just like the MoP one. Didn't take months of grinding at all.
    Yes, queuing for LFR and putting a ranged on follow is terribly difficult

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it was difficult did I? Reading comprehension helps.

Its still took some effort to complete though, also good luck with that strat in LFR, you would just be wasting your own time.

oh and what about the solo parts like celestial blessing and the thunder forge. Also not everyone slacks off at LFR, some of us do care.

15+ Year Old Account
    still hoping for a shield.

Word, I like the MoP along with the Traditional route. That way no one gets left out, but those who need their epeens admired have the special snowflake legendary

Would be sweet if either of the two legendaries was actually dependent on what class you are/what weapon you choose. Say, you can pick up your legendary after a grueling chain. Instead of one legendary, they could allow you to choose from multiple. All based on the weapons the Warlords carry:

Hellscream's Gorehowl (updated model)
    Blackhand's Hammer/Mace
    Ner'zhul's Staff
    Kilrogg's .. thing?..?
    Kargath's Bladefist
    Durotan's Axes, I guess?
    Gul'dan's.. dagger? I think he had a dagger..

In fact, it doesn't even have to be legendary. I just want them to drop their weapons. It's a trend I like. I very much liked picking up Sulfuras from the updated Ragnaros, or the Twilight Hammer from Cho'gall, or Lei Shen's helm/spear/axe, or Garrosh's shoulders and corrupted Gorehowl. I think it's a lot more epic than 'just some weapon model' with a name slapped on it. Example: Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas. It's all fun and all, but it's just a recycled ICC weapon model with a fancy name. We've never even seen Antonidas use that staff.

What I'm trying to say is: in a boss fight that has the Warlords (or as a reward from a Legendary Questchain), I'd prefer having those models as unique weapon drops/their armor as unique armor drops, than just some recolored tier 17/18/19 piece with the name 'Hellscream's shoulderpads'.