Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was weapon is a ibe time thing, whereas weekly EM Primals gives a "high level accessory"? Are there any info confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 2.1 video is here

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/spe..._Realm_Awoken/

For those who want some words to go with those pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many good changes!

I just hope the 1.5x dungeon exp is enough. I would gladly run dungeons rather than grind FATEs for my alt jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    So many good changes!

I just hope the 1.5x dungeon exp is enough. I would gladly run dungeons rather than grind FATEs for my alt jobs.
    What I'd like to happen is it be enough for dungeons, but I would like to queue for dungeons as well while I am in a fate group. Right now, its do fates for gold within a party, or queue for a dungeon and grind fates for bronze for half an hour to an hour. Something i'm just griping about lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You a tank or dps that wanted more health?
    Healer.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Also need to change something on the compilation. The EM Primal weapon reward is on a weekly repeatable quest (Similar to CT lockout). Not sure if you can unlock weapons for classes you haven't get to 50.
    I thought you reported that it was a one-time quest in another thread? Any chance you could dig up that post on the jp forums? I know for sure that Yoshi stated killing all 3 Ex Primals will award a "high level" accessory, but little is known about the questline for the ilvl 90 weapon. I can change it back to uncertain for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    What I'd like to happen is it be enough for dungeons, but I would like to queue for dungeons as well while I am in a fate group. Right now, its do fates for gold within a party, or queue for a dungeon and grind fates for bronze for half an hour to an hour. Something i'm just griping about lol
    Level GLD to 8, get Flash, keep it on your bar as a cross skill, spam it during fates. Never see Bronze again, solo or grouped, regardless.

It was assumed to be a quest hence we thought of it as a one off thing. But it was stated to be a repeatable quest on the day the English trailer was posted, there are some rumors going about the Accessory is linked to EM Ultima Weapon.

1.5x exp from Dungeon will be faster. But not fast enough to pull people away from Fate running still. It takes 12 Aurum Vale full clear to get from 49 to 50, whereas it would only take 2 hours or so Fate running in Northern Thanalan for 49-50.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-12-07 at 09:32 AM.

It was assumed to be a quest hence we thought of it as a one off thing. But it was stated to be a repeatable quest on the day the English trailer was posted, there are some rumors going about the Accessory is linked to EM Ultima Weapon.
    I see. I think it's best just to leave it as is until either we get more solid info or the patch launches. I don't want to disseminate rumors as truth. Thanks for your help, though!

1.5x exp from Dungeon will be faster. But not fast enough to pull people away from Fate running still. It takes 12 Aurum Vale full clear to get from 49 to 50, whereas it would only take 2 hours or so Fate running in Northern Thanalan for 49-50.
    Just to be sure, you realize it's a factor of 1.5, so 250% experience gained from now, right? I recall them mentioning an exp reward for Duty Roulette. While it may or may not as good as FATE grinding, at least it's more of an alternative. Taking your Aurum Vale numbers off the cuff (assuming 30m a run) would put it around 4.8 runs post patch, making it over 2 hours. Hmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Just to be sure, you realize it's a factor of 1.5, so 250% experience gained from now, right?
    Are you sure? I took it as straight multiplication to the current experience (so 150%). If you're right that will be incredible and I might actually finish leveling my Marauder. xD

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Are you sure? I took it as straight multiplication to the current experience (so 150%). If you're right that will be incredible and I might actually finish leveling my Marauder. xD
    I'm 95% sure that it's a factor (1.5 = 250%). Add in the 50% bonus for having a lvl 50, food, and FC buff, and that's a little over 300% exp from today.

Wow, great post, i have a lot of reading to do haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Level GLD to 8, get Flash, keep it on your bar as a cross skill, spam it during fates. Never see Bronze again, solo or grouped, regardless.
    Hmmmm, I'll have to give that a try. But would it work for higher levels, esp the ones single fate bosses?

Hmmmm, I'll have to give that a try. But would it work for higher levels, esp the ones single fate bosses?
    Will work on higher levels for sure, you'll probably just have to use a "class" rather than a "job" so you can keep flash equipped and also be aware that it is primarily a threat tool, so using it as a squishy caster alone without a group there to kill fast is a death wish.

Single boss fates...I honestly can't say, but using it won't hurt if there's already a tank and you're doing some damage.

Flash is amazing for contribution, as it is weighted according to hate generation. The only thing you lose out on is chain bonuses to exp in culling FATEs.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Flash is amazing for contribution, as it is weighted according to hate generation
    I wish healing worked that way, because it generates a ton of threat, but only counts if you attack/ use a mob targetted ability at least once. Which means a healer could use flash and then heal everyone for retarded amounts of threat...would be impossible not to get gold that way I think. Right?

Probably. CNJ is my main, and I leveled through story, quests, and dungeons, so I don't recall FATEs as much. I wouldn't try it on Odin, though.

- - - Updated - - -

New patchnotes are up. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...7af43f3c43828a

EDIT: The rage I'm feeling after they've nerfed my Healing Circlet is immeasurable. I JUST hit the Determination cap for Buttons in a Blanket.
    Last edited by Lyese; 2013-12-15 at 01:31 AM.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Poor bards... poor poor bards. For all the WHM out there you can put your Cure 3 back on your skill bar. Lustrate buff was not really needed to be honest and that housing pricing... Cheapest house on Carbuncle is 8mil =3.

Still wondering if Allagan Axe will out class Direwolf Axe for PvP, but hey it's a head start for me and my friends we got 4 people ready to PvP in full Gryphonskin and Allagan weapons. Muahahaha.

PS: Virus now not required to be cross classes for non Healers due to Antibody.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRD nerf: the buff reduction isn't so bad, the 10% within the buff duration will reduce dps but not by that much.

I am sad about the Rain of Death no longer reduce enemies damage though.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, I am kind of surprise Ifrit is now the last Extreme Primal, but then it kind of make sense (so every Primal had the chance to be the hardest):

Normal mode: Ifrit > Titan > Garuda
    Hard: Ifrit > Garuda > Titan
    Extreme: Garuda > Titan > Ifrit

Although I am surprised the new Ultima fight (ilvl required 61) is ranked lower than the Extreme Primals (ilvl 65-70), I thought it was supposed to the current hardest trial. But it only ranked above Titan Hard (ilvl 57) while Moogle fight (ilvl 54) ranked above Garuda Hard (ilvl 52).

Some nice QoL changes:

Enemies and NPCs which are central to FATE objectives such as Odin and the behemoth will now have the highest display priority.
    The maximum number of statuses that can be inflicted upon notorious monsters and dungeon bosses has been raised to 60.
    UI Settings > Targets - Display only detrimental effects you inflict
    The frequency with which player position is updated during trials and PvP has been increased.
    Players will no longer lose the effects of food items upon being incapacitated.
    The Add Member feature may now be used to recruit new members for trials and guildhests.
    The screenshot feature may now be used for cutscenes
    Housing for my server (large land):
    5th class - 250mil
    1st class - 312.5mil

A little more than I anticipated.....

Thunder can no longer be used as an additional skill by Disciples of Magic.
    Blizzard II Potency has been reduced from 100 to 50, and the bind effect has been increased from 4 to 8 seconds. Can now be used by all Disciples of Magic.
    Freeze Potency has been increased from 20 to 100, and the casting time has been reduced from 3.5 to 3 seconds.
    This is bad for my BLM but nice for my SMN. As I do use Blizz II sometimes in speed runs (just to get umbral ice 3) and Freeze cast time is a little higher, but then also I guess it make sense that the spell with higher cast time do more damage. But it is nice for SMN in 2 ways that: 1) now can take Thunder off the list so 1 less dot to track/replace, now have a spammable AoE spell that doesn't need a target.

Rain of Death The additional effect has been changed from reducing enemy attack damage by 10% to reducing enemy evasion by 10%.
    This made me sad, I always use that as a damage reduction tool.....

Shadowbind Recast time has been increased from 12 to 40 seconds.
    Understandable when BRD can pretty much kite nuke most things (even seen them solo WP first boss).

Blood for Blood Damage bonus has been reduced from 20% to 10%. However, this change does not affect benefits granted by the trait Enhanced Blood for Blood.
    Internal Release Critical hit rate increase has been reduced from 20% to 10%. However, this change does not affect benefits granted by the trait Enhanced Internal Release.
    While sad, but not too much of a hassle especially when compare to the Rain of Death nerf.

So is housing strictly for Free Companies and individual thing or both? I've been a bit confused by all of this ( and my brain is only half working due to my work schedule lately)