Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else want Mele back as a hunter?

Maybe a spec for it? People keep hinting or asking for it for WoD

I mostly just want it back because I have a bunch of awesome hunter weapons going to waste in my bank, They are so cool looking, but I can't use them.

Example, I have my pole-arm from the last season of Cata, the nostalgic memories of doing arenas keep flooding my mind when I see it in my bank; I would love to be able to use it again.

If it was a viable spec like "Beast Master" that was based around melee sure.

If it's like it was, spamming raptor strike and wing clip/mongoose bite and spending tons on a weapon enchant, then no.

No...NO....NNOO
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    not now, at this point it will never happen, melee abilities will never be given back to hunter

if i could redesign hunters (and shamans) for Vanilla from scratch:
    • Enhancement would be Melee-No Pet
    • Beast Master would be Melee + Pet
    • Survival would be called 'Ranger' and be Ranged + Pet
    • Marksman would Ranged-No Pet

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

15+ Year Old Account
    No, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    If it was a viable spec like "Beast Master" that was based around melee sure.

If it's like it was, spamming raptor strike and wing clip/mongoose bite and spending tons on a weapon enchant, then no.
    I agree completely. Beast masters are supposed to dual wield axes anyway, like Rexxar. I could even see them being a tank spec, POSSIBLY.

The survival 31pt talent in vanilla is literally the worst talent that's ever been in the game, and it was a melee attack.

Never again.

Hell no. I've mained a warrior since 2005, but recently got more active with my hunter alt, which I had last played before melee got removed. It's such a stark contrast to how my main plays, while still keeping the mobility, which makes me love it so much that I technically have two mains now. Melee/ranged hunter was alright, but ultimately not that intriguing, but pure ranged hunter is great fun to play, as it offers a completely different experience from my warrior.

Though to appease the people nostalgic for melee/ranged hybrid, if it's not a technical hassle they can change Survival tree to be a hybrid. Not like I ever use that spec anyway.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they converted survival to be a viable melee spec, sure.

But as that has 0% chance of happening, no. I'm glad they took out the ability for trolls to go melee and mess up my day.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Considering how much Blizzard hates Melee right now, why would you want to?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I would prefer a spec without a pet actually or a talent like Warlock sacrifice.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I would prefer a spec without a pet actually or a talent like Warlock sacrifice.
    Ummm ... level 100 talent "With or Without You"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not half assed like it used to be.
    -I'd prefer BM to be the melee spec. Fight side by side with your pet.
    -MM be the petless spec focusing only on weapons and fancy shots.
    -Survival being the poisons spec. Give them another poison and emphasize the rotation around DOTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    That's exactly what they're doing. One of the level 100 talents buffs Survival hunters with 30% more damage if they dont have a pet out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want stat sticks back, I kinda miss running around with a big staff or polearm.

Why?! If you want to melee surely you'd just be a melee class? Alternatively .. you could just shoot from point blank?

I think OP meant he wanted a stat stick. I too think it looks cooler whenever my hunter ran around with a staff/pole arm than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedol View Post
    I think OP meant he wanted a stat stick. I too think it looks cooler whenever my hunter ran around with a staff/pole arm than nothing at all.
    You can do that now. Just be sure to add an /equip command to all your weapon-dependent abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolsy View Post
    Why?! If you want to melee surely you'd just be a melee class? Alternatively .. you could just shoot from point blank?
    In the first few months of my WoW career my hunter was pretty much a melee class

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    I just want stat sticks back, I kinda miss running around with a big staff or polearm.
    I'd rather have melee/range cosmetic slots. Warrior wants a rifle on his back just because he likes the look? Hunter wants swords at his hips? Go for it!

Would be nice along with the visible librams, etc they've wanted to add.