Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,072

    The Draenei might be from an alternate reality

    From the newest "Know your lore" article

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/kn...gun/#continued

    The draenei 'nether-ship' you've been hearing about is far more than it seems. It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities.
    - Chris Metzen
    So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.

  2. #2
    Warchief Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,097
    Really?
    You'd think they would be able to plug themselves but the stream of bullshit seems to be never-ending at Blizzard.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    From the newest "Know your lore" article

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/kn...gun/#continued



    So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.
    Sounds like a needlessly complicated plot line to me.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,150
    Interesting, although that could imply that somewhere out there there's Argus with Kil'Jaedan/Archimonde/Velen all sat there in charge none the wiser as to who the burning legion are.

    Although I guess if the legion traveled cross dimension their first port of call might be killing the denizens of Argus.

    I think it's a bit far fetched, I don't see blizzard delving TOO deep into "different dimensions, copies of characters", and think it's mainly being pushed as a gimmick to do a Draenor expac

  5. #5
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,072
    Maybe that is why Kairoz is sending Garrosh back to the Draenor of the past. Because that is where the Draenei, simply by travelling there, altered our original timeline.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sounds like a needlessly complicated plot line to me.
    Know Your Lore isn't an editorial about the Warcraft story so much as it is an ongoing piece of fan-fiction.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    194
    Unlikely. The Burning Legion is well known in the reality that Azeroth is in and is pretty much stated that it is the reality they originated in the context of Azeroth's reality(meaning they may or may not exist in alternate realities e.g. WoD's Draenor) due to the titans (without the ability to cross dimensions and seemingly) existing only in this universe and Sargeras being their progenitor and obsessed with the destruction of Azeroth. Plus the fact that some of the events that apparently happened/ing prior WoD seem similar to lore events past (e.g. Kil'jaedan wanting control of that Draenor) suggests that the legion can't cross realities. Additionally it makes little to no fucking sense why the Draenei would crash land on some random planet rather than just flipping through various dimensions till they were safe and even less the fact they had/have spaceships and the fact that the Eredar would pretty much have the same tech and have not played fucking space invaders minus the defender with Azeroth yet.

    In closing...
    WoW Lore it only works how Metzen wants it to.

  8. #8
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unlikely. The Burning Legion is well known in the reality that Azeroth is in and is pretty much stated that it is the reality they originated in the context of Azeroth's reality(meaning they may or may not exist in alternate realities e.g. WoD's Draenor) due to the titans (without the ability to cross dimensions and seemingly) existing only in this universe and Sargeras being their progenitor and obsessed with the destruction of Azeroth. Plus the fact that some of the events that apparently happened/ing prior WoD seem similar to lore events past (e.g. Kil'jaedan wanting control of that Draenor) suggests that the legion can't cross realities. Additionally it makes little to no fucking sense why the Draenei would crash land on some random planet rather than just flipping through various dimensions till they were safe and even less the fact they had/have spaceships and the fact that the Eredar would pretty much have the same tech and have not played fucking space invaders minus the defender with Azeroth yet.

    In closing...
    WoW Lore it only works how Metzen wants it to.
    But maybe the Legion that chased the Draenei is not our Legion... maybe our Sargeras is still sleeping.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But maybe the Legion that chased the Draenei is not our Legion... maybe our Sargeras is still sleeping.
    Or our Sargeras is a good guy never corrupted.

    This is why i'm not a fan of over use of time travel and multiple dimensions, it really makes characters and the story lose their uniqueness and epicness.

    I find WoD acceptable BECAUSE it's not a time travel story, it's just a vehicle to tell the story of Draenor, if Blizzard went full crazy and started doing full on time travel stories (outside instances), i'd probably end up quitting tbh.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But maybe the Legion that chased the Draenei is not our Legion... maybe our Sargeras is still sleeping.
    Ff- Honestly? Then WoW has the worse fucking writers ever as everything we do or attempt doesn't really matter as Blizzard is pretty much the GM who's perfectly positioned to say Rocks fall, everybody dies at the tip of a hat by loading bullshit like this into the story and being able to use it. Seriously there enough trouble defending against Archimonde and his forces in WC3 but bring in alternate reality space ship flying legion and its pretty much a fuck you to everyone who is playing. Of course that's ignoring the fact and flaw as to why Sargeras is focusing so much on our Azeroth when he should be more concerned with the one from his own dimension (or any others that he has been to) than ours.

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,488
    As much as good Blizzard is I doubt they would go this far.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,928
    No, please no, for the love of god just take the longest barge pole you can find and push yourself away from the goddamn trainwreck that will inevitably be, alternate realities.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.
    Alternate universes should all have their own versions of demons in them. So while in our timeline Archimonde and Mannoroth are dead and Kil'jaeden is licking his wounds, in the timeline WoD takes place Archimonde, Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden are all alive and at the height of their power. (as opposed to the two former being dead in all universes)
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

  14. #14
    People do realize that this quote is from 2006, don't they?

    Again. 2006.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    From the newest "Know your lore" article
    These articles are fun to read, but they're always too farfetched to be true. Heck, I think they put way more time into coming up with these theories than Blizzard takes time to come up with the actual stories.

    Also, I don't think Blizzard wants us to come up with all these wild theories. They did say this wasn't an expansion about time travel (or dimension travel as well?), it was about going to Draenor. Apparently they just want you to accept it how it is, we're going to a different world with Orcs. Nothing more to it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    From the newest "Know your lore" article

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/kn...gun/#continued



    So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.
    than why is it that our reality's kil'jaeden is butthurt about them running away?

    unless there was a draenei swap. our reality's draenei went to another reality and we got some other reality's draenei lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,150
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why is it that our reality's kil'jaeden is butthurt about them running away?

    unless there was a draenei swap. our reality's draenei went to another reality and we got some other reality's draenei lol
    The WoW universe is a big place, and the naaru helped the draenei hide.

  18. #18
    If they are butchering the lore so much that alternate realities and time traveling are now fully cannon, why can blizzard not make it so we have playable naga or something
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    If they are butchering the lore so much that alternate realities and time traveling are now fully cannon, why can blizzard not make it so we have playable naga or something
    'Butchering lore' says the guy reading a quote from 2006

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    If they are butchering the lore so much that alternate realities and time traveling are now fully cannon, why can blizzard not make it so we have playable naga or something
    because if blizzard gives us all the good stuff now, there won't be much good stuff for them to give us later
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •