I was thinking about this today, and maybe i think too much but we as characters have had quite the substantial impact on Azeroth and yet we get treated by NPCs as just regular, average citizens. We have to start from scratch with all these factions and NPCs act like straight out of Northshire.
Amongst other achievements - Your average level 90 has done the following..
- Fought and mostly defeated the Burning Legion.
- Fought and killed perhaps the biggest war criminal in Azeroth, The Lich King and his army of undead, or at least gotten his army under control.
- Fought and destroyed the crazy, insane black dragon who literally broke the world.
- Fought and defeated Garrosh Hellscream
- Plus, all the other beasts and terrors that have been unleashed and killed thousands of innocents including old gods and Archimonde.
I mean, that list alone is enough to get a part of Azeroth named after my character. At least a shrine in a secluded part of a zone somewhere. Sure, we get the odd letter in our mailboxes and some nice gear but make no mistake, it's so we can fight the next abomination that they throw at us.
What are we actually fighting for, do we get paid when this is all over? If we're just fighting for survival, then fair enough but at least give me a life to protect. I'm sick to death of having these snotty, headless chicken citizens not know who the hell i am or whether i'm up to the challenge.