Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    people use the word 'dimension' rather willy nilly

    there are different ways to use dimension, personally i think dimension should simply mean any measurable scale such as of distance or time,,, A Dimensional ship that travels only in 3 spacial dimensions is still a dimensional ship, is it not?

    but since we aren't using it that way, dimension and alternate reality can mean the same thing; but sometimes a dimension is a continuum of multiple related timelines or realities , and different dimensions are comepletely independent of eachother
    He didn't just use the word dimension he said
    It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities.

  2. #62
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He didn't just use the word dimension he said
    but perhaps all those realities exists in only one dimension!

    imagine each reality as a sheet of paper, and you have a stack of those sheets of paper all piled up, one on top of the other...

    each sheet of paper only percieves its own two dimensions, but in the third dimension there is another sheet immediately above and another sheet immediately below... and a dimensional ship can travel up and down that third dimension to different sheets of paper in the reem.

    multiple realities exist side-by-side in only one particular dimension (not excluding the other two directional dimensions that all the realities share in common)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-22 at 05:37 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  3. #63
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    but perhaps all those realities exists in only one dimension!

    imagine each reality as a sheet of paper, and you have a stack of those sheets of paper all piled up, one on top of the other...

    each sheet of paper only percieves its own two dimensions, but in the third dimension there is another sheet immediately above and another sheet immediately below... and a dimensional ship can travel up and down that third dimension to different sheets of paper in the reem.

    multiple realities exist side-by-side in only one particular dimension (not excluding the other two directional dimensions that all the realities share in common)
    But it would still mean that alternate realities exist, and a race that is in possession of something that can travel through alternate realities could originate from such an alternate reality.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But it would still mean that alternate realities exist, and a race that is in possession of something that can travel through alternate realities could originate from such an alternate reality.
    Yes. But the Draenei are from the SAME reality as Azeroth, the Great Darkness Beyond.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He didn't just use the word dimension he said
    He says it is a "dimension-traveling fortress" in the same sentence that he says it "teleports through alternate realities." He's describing the method by which it travels dimensions.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  6. #66
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He says it is a "dimension-traveling fortress" in the same sentence that he says it "teleports through alternate realities." He's describing the method by which it travels dimensions.
    Right. It can travel through alternate realities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Please note, it's a tinfoil hat edition, which is just Stickney's outlet for wild speculation for fun.

    Though again, Prince Malchazaar does say all realities are open to him.
    I know it's TFH, that's why it's fun to speculate about it.

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    4,080
    WoD will show that the Timeline forms an "infinite loop" in which by going to the past, to Draenor, we cause the events that cause the Draenei to crash into Azeroth, which cause the events of us going to Draenor, which causes the event of....
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  8. #68
    we're talking about chris metzen here, nothing is off limits with regard to retconning the plot.

  9. #69
    Scarab Lord Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    4,080
    In all honesty, people freak out over joystiq's "Tin Foil Hat" articles way too much on MMO-C such as Elune the Naaru and "X was from the TITANS!!"

    As good as the writers may be, its just the musings and writing of a WoW fan who is no more informed than we are in regards to lore. I could make a thousand Know Your Lore articles discussing random plots.

    Know Your Lore: Tinfoil Hat edition - Karazhan and Timeless Isle are connected
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  10. #70
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,348
    Ok, it seems they've started to ruin the lore more and more. I first thought WoD would be interesting, but now reading about the "travel in time... but it has no consequence in present that you changed it" and now this, I'm starting to wonder.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, it seems they've started to ruin the lore more and more. I first thought WoD would be interesting, but now reading about the "travel in time... but it has no consequence in present that you changed it" and now this, I'm starting to wonder.
    I think WoD is just a promotion for the upcoming movie, in all honesty.

    why are we getting an orc xpac again? cause the movie is all about orcs vs humans (allegedly). if it was a legion movie...then maybe we'd get that.

  12. #72
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    In all honesty, people freak out over joystiq's "Tin Foil Hat" articles way too much on MMO-C such as Elune the Naaru and "X was from the TITANS!!"

    As good as the writers may be, its just the musings and writing of a WoW fan who is no more informed than we are in regards to lore. I could make a thousand Know Your Lore articles discussing random plots.

    Know Your Lore: Tinfoil Hat edition - Karazhan and Timeless Isle are connected
    I don't see the "freaking out"-part. It's speculation based on those articles.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I certainly don't mind the complexity of all this. I enjoy Doctor Who.

    However, the average player doesn't even know basic events of history or read quest text. Isn't this going to be a bit much for a glosser-over light-reader to handle? I think that's a big portion of the playerbase.
    akraen you old dog you!!

    this is how i feel. i dont mind doing the whole alternate reality shit, but look at how many threads have been started and how many people are just completely confused as to how all this stuff is supposed to work.

    even people who "get it" argue on a pretty regular basis of how the shit works, what do you think is going thru peoples' heads who dont care or dont care to learn how alternate realities are supposed to work

  14. #74
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I think WoD is just a promotion for the upcoming movie, in all honesty.

    why are we getting an orc xpac again? cause the movie is all about orcs vs humans (allegedly). if it was a legion movie...then maybe we'd get that.
    I don't think they would do that. I don't think it would make much of a difference, anyway. They're just really excited about the Draenor/orc theme.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    we're talking about chris metzen here, nothing is off limits with regard to retconning the plot.
    There is no retconning here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •