Macro'ing Expel Harm and Jab together?

What would be the macro command for having Expel Harm and Jab on the same hotkey? IE, macro that would use Expel Harm if off cooldown, otherwise Jab. I know this type of thing was possible in Rift simply by putting the "/cast" commands in order, and it would just go down the macro and use the first one that was off cooldown. I tried that in WoW however, but it just kept trying to use Expel Harm even when on cooldown, and ignored Jab.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a few different ways to do this. I use this macro

#showtooltip Expel Harm
    /cast [nomod] Jab
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Expel Harm

This always shows the CD for expel harm, but casts Jab when you don't hold control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What would be the macro command for having Expel Harm and Jab on the same hotkey? IE, macro that would use Expel Harm if off cooldown, otherwise Jab. I know this type of thing was possible in Rift simply by putting the "/cast" commands in order, and it would just go down the macro and use the first one that was off cooldown. I tried that in WoW however, but it just kept trying to use Expel Harm even when on cooldown, and ignored Jab.
    Not possible unless 1 of those is off gcd

You're specifically not allowed to do this because the developers think it's a form of cheating. Very minor cheating, but cheating nonetheless...

I don't think you should do this even if you could because you don't always want to use Expel Harm if it's off cooldown. If you're at full health then it won't deal any damage. Use it when it's off cooldown AND you are missing some health.

Better off just creating a weakaura or similar to show up when you are missing enough health that expel harm is better than jab if you don't want to have to make a judgement call yourself - but yeah, you can't really just spam it on cd, because it won't be a dps increase.

Why would you want to do this anyway? EH is useless if you are at full health and not good to use unless you will heal yourself enough that the damage will outdo jab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea even if you could, you should keep EH off cooldown unless you need it, cause when you need it, you need it.

If such a thing were possible you could create a big "If X then Y else Z" logic tree with all your abilities in it, and just spam that one button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.