Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, I DO NOT agree with an in-game cash shop.

Mounts, pets, and helms? Sure, I suppose. I'd prefer it if they were in game, but frankly, if the cash shop didn't exist, they just simply wouldn't ever have been made, so... it's a unilateral move at best.

As for the leveling potions and (close to) max level characters... they already technically sell those things in the form of recruit-a-friend and scroll of resurrection; this would just be streamlining it.

But as for Garrisons upgrades (seeing as they actually GIVE your character gameplay things,) real stat gear, gold, and all that other stuff? No way.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yes, and I'm really disappointed that they didn't add the XP boost with 5.4....

When will silly people use their brains and realise we have had an in-game shop ever since the first pet or mount.
    The ONLY difference now is an in-game interface.
    Selling in-game items for cash IS NOT NEW.

Yet nobody wants to talk about that, because it doesn't support a narrow-minded view.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Isnt flamebaiting kinda against the rules?, just asking

the ONLY thing i see as acceptable is that u could be able to buy some sort of EXP boost ( 30% perhaps) if u got 3-4 or more characters of max lvl (10% pr max lvl char)

The mount training, i have a feel it will be account wide
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

I think an in-game cash shop such as you suggest would be a marvelous idea. Because, you see, sometimes I think back to how much I enjoyed playing WoW, or I see something new, and I think "Hey, maybe I should resub and give Blizzard another try". And it takes some effort to resist WoW's siren song. But with a cash shop like you depict (which I suspect is actually in line with what Blizzard wishes they had) such thoughts could scarcely exist.

Thank for for your excellent reminder on what we can expect the future of WoW to look like!
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

Then the game better go f2p or i'd quit

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    So basically a F2P game yet you still pay for the game, expansions and sub fees. gr8
    It's still a sub based game. All of the things I have proposed are things they either already sell or if they added the extra things, they would all be non power items

The keyword to remember here is: Optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It's still a sub based game. All of the things I have proposed are things they either already sell or if they added the extra things, they would all be non power items

The keyword to remember here is: Optional.
    Garrisons are the exception, though. They actually grant players access to materials and justice points/valor points and, if I recall correctly, shots at gear.

Those are pretty much "power items"
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Isnt flamebaiting kinda against the rules?, just asking

the ONLY thing i see as acceptable is that u could be able to buy some sort of EXP boost ( 30% perhaps) if u got 3-4 or more characters of max lvl (10% pr max lvl char)

The mount training, i have a feel it will be account wide
    Jaylock always starts flamebait threads... :/ (side note, think he said some time ago that he does not play, just goes in here and makes threads to piss people of/start fighting). I think this idea is horrible, sorry to say but many of your ideas Jaylock does not make much sense :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is something that F2P games should do, not games with a monthly sub...
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    The game has sub and paid for expansions, no not ever. There should be little to no content payed for instead of earned in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't want to pay for anything in the game, then don't! Otherwise, don't tell people what to do with their money.
    High elves can be playable. You have nothing against them except for population arguments (which we have no numbers on), a blue post (which is already retconned based on the fact that Blood elves are playable), and an Encyclopedia (which hasn't been updated since pre-TBC; and the Silver Covenant makes two out of three claims on their status within the Encyclopedia void). So yes, High elves are just as likely as any other race in-terms of playability.

No because it will be the beginning of the end for a game I love. It would have happened anyway at some point, I just thought WoW had a few more clean years in it.

I'm just gonna leave this here and that'll be my 2 cents in this thread:

The prices on your list i think are too steep, $100 for a lvl 90 character ......not a chance. Maybe $30

No, I don't want to see yet another game become what MapleStory has become.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Great ideas. This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    No, I don't want to see yet another game become what MapleStory has become.
    From someone who has played that game from its inception and seeing what it has become, I agree 100%.
    Warlords of Draenor ALPHA Content + Other Games!

http://www.youtube.com/conkerzlol

I already pay each month, this is WAY too expensive!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YourBeatsEnt?feature=mhee <---- Check it out if you like hiphop instrumentals

Cash shops should only be for f2p games looking for funds for the game , and/or completely cosmetic / un-intrusive services.

As for the price of the shop items? If i pay 60 for an expansion, I shouldnt have to pay 25 for a mount or 10 for a pet. Its an exploitative system ( like dlc ) for sharks and predatorial price fixing. In comparison to the content you get for an expansion, a pet should be pennies on the dollar. The same can be said for paid services like character transfers, xp boosts, race changes, etc. All of which do not require more content to be made by developers (once the service has been built). Charging 30 for a service that is entirely automated is absurd, and the "its used to curb frequent use" is a cop-out and actually has a way of harming servers (like the ones that need more players) because of the large fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If I actually said what I was thinking right now I'd be permanently banned from this site.
    The same for me...