View Poll Results: Blizzard store items as rare world drops?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if they're incredibly rare

43 41.35%
  • No, you either pay or you don't

30 28.85%
  • I wouldn't mind it either way

31 29.81%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Level with me for a moment - The Blizzard Store in General

How would you guys feel if Blizzard made all mounts/pets/transmogrify gear available in the Blizzard store as incredibly rare world drops? Would this be a good idea? Would this end all of the hate over the Blizzard store?

It's like, you can go farm for these amazing items, or you can buy it. Since they're all completely cosmetic, wouldn't this be a great solution?
    I would say a different color scheme then the ones in the store, but that causes too many issues. This way, everyone will have the same opportunity at getting the items.

Let me know how you feel in the comment section below!

EDIT: And no, I'm not one of the people who can't afford the Blizzard store items, actually quite the opposite. I have most of the items available ON the store.
    Last edited by Blitzo; 2013-11-24 at 12:38 AM.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

Edit:
    To Topic, no i do not agree, they shall not dropp because i think Blizzard will add more items and pets to the store.

To the new ingame Store....

It is a terrible idea, it kills the fantasy. This is a fantasy world and they mix it more and more up with Jokes like the mog gear or
    other free 2 play stuff.

I hope they fire the guy who had the ideas. It is really really bad for the "epic" feeling. I mean,- it is really so hard to see the consequenze for the fantasy and magic of the game? With every more real money feature you kill a part more of great things behind wow. Whats wrong in the headquarter? Many people said.. wow we loved WOTLK for the feeling, the story and mainly the athmosphere.

You DID that wrong with Cataclysm, you did that wrong with Dragonsoul

AND NOW a further fail? You know people need that feeling, so you kill the whole fantasy with a Ingame Shop? Whats next? Wow Forex Trading? Or Buy things on Ebay while you surf in World of Warcraft? Maybe a Itunes Embeded?

If you need your shop.. put it on the battle.net, give them mounts give them pets BUT STOP HERE.. NO MORE and NOT INGAME, you cross a Border.
    Last edited by Deex; 2013-11-24 at 01:59 AM.
    - I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it. -
    [DE] WOW Forums Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/search?f...ldor&sort=time
    [DE] D3 Forums Char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/search?f=...2545&sort=time
    My Fansite

I'd say yes, but only if they made the items tradable or sellable.

It'd suck getting a drop you already paid $10-$25 for and have to delete it since you can't do anything else with it.

I find it hard to believe that you actually care what other peoples opinions are in an MMO. Like what you like, and let them hate what they hate.

End..of..discussion? Who cares? FFS. People in life will complain about everything, but why do you care? Let them complain. Doesn't change a thing.

So no, I'm not going to answer your poll. Because I have enough self confidence in the choices I make and the things I do to just not care.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    I hope they fire the guy who had the ideas.
    That's pretty cold. It's understandable to not like it but don't wish that on someone in this economy.

OT, I don't care either way.

Why incredibly rare. Why not just regular rare, or even common.

While I would like to see items on the Blizzard Store offered in game via some rigorous and lengthy quest (perhaps Insane level) or rare drop it doesn't bother me that they aren't. In the end they don't affect what I do in game so it's not a huge deal other than the "I want" factor. If I see something I like I might get it. I do have two of the pets given to me as gifts but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    That's pretty cold. It's understandable to not like it but don't wish that on someone in this economy.

OT, I don't care either way.
    Yes maybe its cold but someone who have this ideas have no idea of his communty, of Roleplayer and of the game, somedays. yes it was a fantasy game, if you kill the fantasy, you begin to kill the game or the "epic feeling". And this is why it is shame on the employe who had the idea.

I have not really the problem with Items,- but i have a huge problem that they brought the shop ingame.

Why people wanted to have housing? Because they like to life in World of Warcraft and not the "real" world.
    So your Real Money Item shop will be a conflict with all the wishes the community had.

Sure, the Game will go on, but the fantasy will be reduced and so it is a really bad idea and i wonder why they try it.
    Last edited by Deex; 2013-11-24 at 01:36 AM.
    My Fansite

I do not understand your Poll

its like to chose between
    "yes.. and .. yes"..

so i decided to twitter to ghostcrawler and say here clearly

"NO"

It is a terrible idea, it kills the fantasy. This is a fantasy world and they mix it more and more up with Jokes like the mog gear or
    other free 2 play stuff.

I hope they fire the guy who had the ideas. It is really really bad for the "epic" feeling. I mean,- it is really so hard to see the consequenze for the fantasy and magic of the game? With every more real money feature you kill a part more of great things behind wow. Whats wrong in the headquarter? Many people said.. wow we loved WOTLK for the feeling, the story and mainly the athmosphere.

You DID that wrong with Cataclysm, you did that wrong with Dragonsoul

AND NOW a further fail? You know people need that feeling, so you kill the whole fantasy with a Ingame Shop? Whats next? Wow Forex Trading? Or Buy things on Ebay while you surf in World of Warcraft? Maybe a Itunes Embeded?

If you need your shop.. put it on the battle.net, give them mounts give them pets BUT STOP HERE.. NO MORE and NOT INGAME, you cross a Border.
    I don't understand what you mean? Yes, No, Don't care.

How is that Yes and Yes? Where's the logic? You just said it kills the fantasy, but doesn't making the items avaliable ingame keep the fantasy...? Where's the fantasy in buying something from a store?

WoW characters:
    Gluttony [Mage]

Yes maybe its cold but someone who have this ideas have no idea of his communty, of Roleplayer and of the game, somedays. yes it was a fantasy game, if you kill the fantasy, you begin to kill the game or the "epic feeling". And this is why it is shame on the employe who had the idea.

I have not really the problem with Items,- but i have a huge problem that they brought the shop ingame.
    I'm sorry but just because you disagree with their decisions doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. They can't please everyone. Chances are after 9 years with a game that's still this strong, they're pretty good at doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you actually care what other peoples opinions are in an MMO. Like what you like, and let them hate what they hate.

End..of..discussion? Who cares? FFS. People in life will complain about everything, but why do you care? Let them complain. Doesn't change a thing.

So no, I'm not going to answer your poll. Because I have enough self confidence in the choices I make and the things I do to just not care.
    What is wrong with you? Caring about the well being of the game, trying to give ideas to better it piss you off this much? The bold is obviously to be questioned.

WoW characters:
    Gluttony [Mage]

*snip*
    Oh, the drama. How on earth can anyone be so upset over something that meaningless? I think the shop button still needs some work. It should flash periodically and make little sounds, and NPCs should be referring to it all the time, while making funny popcultural references. Just to upset you a little more because it's entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Why incredibly rare. Why not just regular rare, or even common.
    Because that would defeat the whole purpose of even having a store if the items were too easy to obtain. I'm meeting halfway.

WoW characters:
    Gluttony [Mage]

They can't please everyone. Chances are after 9 years with a game that's still this strong, they're pretty good at doing business.
    But the place for business shall not be World of Warcraf itself.

they don't know what they're doing
    I play for years, i was on a pvp realm, now on a roleplay realm, i talk with so many people every day, so yes i think i have a really good knowlage what's in the mind of the community and the most important thing is that a ingame store with rare or not rare items will be a reduce of the magic and fantasy because you show always a sign to the people.

"Hey here is the real world click me..".

And with the real world you bring to World of Warcraft your normal world problems.
    Money Problems as example. People mostly use World of Warcraft to run out of the Real World...result
    1.Less fantasy
    2.Less fun
    3.Less Player
    4.Less World of Warcraft

This is absolute logical that this will be a huge fail.

Blizzard should better go the other way and bring out new merchandise products, have you ever seen a warcraft figure? They are so poorly made from bad quality.. the should stop selling more or to much virtual items and focus on other merchandise for the real word.

Instead of bringing real world to azeroth, bring azeroth to the real world with new and better products.
    Last edited by Deex; 2013-11-24 at 01:55 AM.
    My Fansite

Deex I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion reading all of these posts..

WoW characters:
    Gluttony [Mage]

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Deex I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion reading all of these posts..
    Sorry i was in a kind of blind rage, because of the ingame shop thing. So i did forget to answer it.
    No i do not agree, because i think if they can drop blizzard will add more store items and it would not take long and you can loot all
    or you can buy all.
    Last edited by Deex; 2013-11-24 at 02:04 AM.
    My Fansite

Why people wanted to have housing? Because they like to life in World of Warcraft and not the "real" world.
    So your Real Money Item shop will be a conflict with all the wishes the community had.

Sure, the Game will go on, but the fantasy will be reduced and so it is a really bad idea and i wonder why they try it.
    You do know that the real money shop will only have transmog gear ,pets , mounts and the Xp potion ( which by the way is already in the game , its a drop from at least one of the original MoP rares ) so how is this destroying the fantasy . Would you rather everyone be running around looking the same as before transmog ? Where others get their transmog gear has absolutely NO effect on your own gameplay , if you want to farm your own then by all means do it - this is what I will be doing , if others buy them so what - it adds to the fantasy if anything because those people will have different look then the standard current gear look

if it means we get raid mounts that are good, and not jokes like the h garrosh mount, then im all for this.

it's pretty sad when mounts that cost money look better than the hardest to get raid mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if it means we get raid mounts that are good, and not jokes like the h garrosh mount, then im all for this.

it's pretty sad when mounts that cost money look better than the hardest to get raid mounts.
    Look at it from a business pointy of view -would you pay money for an ugly mount

Sorry i was in a kind of blind rage, because of the ingame shop thing. So i did forget to answer it.
    No i do not agree, because i think if they can drop blizzard will add more store items and it would not take long and you can loot all
    or you can buy all.
    Blinded by rage over a video game ? You seriously need to step away. This is all saying a whole lot more about you than it is about Blizzard.