Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you agree with an in-game Cash Shop??

Personally I love the idea, and I think they should continue to develop items and content to offer as an added benefit to whoever would like to pay for it.

What I'd like to see purchasable:

* Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    * Exp Elixirs (Triple xp) - $10 dollars per stack of 20 (one hour elixir that persists through death)
    * Garrison Upgrades - $5 per tier upgrade per building (allows you to instantly upgrade one of the buildings in your garrison to the next tier. They revealed there would be 3 tiers per building, and the ability to put many buildings in your garrison)
    * Mount Flight Training - $10 per character (after you do the initial quest to unlock flying in 6.1, so you dont have to do the quest chain over again)
    * Mounts - $25 (usual price)
    * Pets - $10 (usual price)
    * Transmog Items - $15-$20 each depending on the type of item. Full sets of sweet gear could be sold for more (in the $30-$50 range)

This is just the beginning of the things they could do and offer as an added benefit in-game for real dollar value. I would love to see more options purchasable via an in game cash shop. Of course there would still be things to get out in the world free of charge, but these would all be just extras, rather than mandatory.

Do you agree with an in-game Cash Shop??

Wow, that's actually a good idea. I can't tell you how many times that ive wished i could play a different class but didnt feel like leveling one. especially when one class gets buffed a lot right after a patch. it would also be really cool if we could buy an "epic box" that would have a random normal level item in it for your class and spec.

If I actually said what I was thinking right now I'd be permanently banned from this site.

Oh Jaylock..

SMH.

In-game cash shop shouldn't buy power or progress. Although as far as progress is concerned, I'm ok with bypassing most of the leveling process, aka the instant 90 they are considering in the shop. But I think your idea of garrison upgrades being purchased takes it too far.

Aesthetic stuff, I am totally ok with... to a point. It's not a big deal with WOTLK stuff and older, and maybe cata. But I think that purchasing the 'reasonably recent and therefore might need a group to farm' gear is pushing it.

This is something that F2P games should do, not games with a monthly sub...

Deleted
    its another JayLOCK-thread.... you wont be able to buy flying ever as its the new gating mechanism ... after 6.1 you get a new continent where u - oh wonder cant fly - while you can fly in 6.0 area (perhaps but i dont see that happen or can u fly on IoT?)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game has sub and paid for expansions, no not ever. There should be little to no content payed for instead of earned in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with mounts, pets and transmog items (just for the look of the gear)
    Those I'd buy
    "I made this!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% support an in game cash shop for WoW and wholeheartedly agree with all ideas in the OP.

Deleted
    >100 bucks

thats neat, people will just bot cause its cheaper. Telling people lvlbots are evil but selling characters is hypocritical to the max.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-11-21 at 02:08 AM.

As they were saying, you can just create a new account, buy the battlechest plus MoP plus WoD, get your free 90 and transfer it to your main account. They'll probably make MoP cheap once WoD launches so I dunno, maybe $70-$80 all up? Plus the $20 for the transfer. So actually $100 sounds about right.

My point being, the fact that every account gets an instant 90 means you CAN buy a 90 if you want to no matter what they do.

I'm okay with a cash shop to sell pets and mounts and mog gear. And XP boosts, instant 90s etc. Don't like the garrison idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea for XP potions is never a good one.

Think of it this way: Content is designed by game devs on a hypothetical 100,000XP curve. In cash shop land, what happens if that those triple-XP potions don't bring that XP required down to 33,000XP. What happens is that the content is released with a 300,000XP curve, and those oh-so-juicy potions bring you back in-step with a sane levelling curve.

For developers who aren't Turbine, the whole point of an F2P game is to rope you in just enough to get you interested and then make the game functionally unplayable until you throw money at it. It's great business through emotional blackmail, but it's a shitty way to treat a community of players.

I'd rather Blizzard just keep slapping up these $25 sparkle horses and charge $10-$15 for a web service to execute a line of SQL on a database to change race/faction. At least the content quality isn't driven by monetization on that level.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Absolutely NOT!

ONly if I can buy a spliff

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Your idea for XP potions is never a good one.

Think of it this way: Content is designed by game devs on a hypothetical 100,000XP curve. In cash shop land, what happens if that those triple-XP potions don't bring that XP required down to 33,000XP. What happens is that the content is released with a 300,000XP curve, and those oh-so-juicy potions bring you back in-step with a sane levelling curve.

For developers who aren't Turbine, the whole point of an F2P game is to rope you in just enough to get you interested and then make the game functionally unplayable until you throw money at it. It's great business through emotional blackmail, but it's a shitty way to treat a community of players.

I'd rather Blizzard just keep slapping up these $25 sparkle horses and charge $10-$15 for a web service to execute a line of SQL on a database to change race/faction. At least the content quality isn't driven by monetization on that level.
    The difference is that leveling is not really a major part of WoW, especially pre-current content. They have no need to inflate XP just to sell potions. If they wanted to make that kind of money they'd sell gear or VP or something.

Also the potions do not apply to current content questing, they stop at 85 or 90 or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

people use it. even its its 5% of the population thats mmillions of cash..... hell look at the simpsons tapped out game. EA has made over 100 million ina year.

I do not foresee additional XP boosts at this time with the free level 90 in WoD, as you'll be able to buy additional copies of the game and get it transferred to the main account. It's their way of introducing this sort of boost in a more subtle fashion without being in the cash shop in plain sight. Basically introducing it without actually introducing it, all under the banner of allowing your friends to immediately play with you. Well played, Blizzard.

I'm assuming you're unhappy with the way they're handling flying seeing its inclusion in the list. Valid points on both sides of that argument.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-11-21 at 02:50 AM.

Deleted
    So basically a F2P game yet you still pay for the game, expansions and sub fees. gr8

Mounts, pets and transmog (Transmog being new models, keep old content requiring solo/group) fine.

The rest, getting a bit too close for comfort.