Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, I DO NOT agree with an in-game cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, pets, and helms? Sure, I suppose. I'd prefer it if they were in game, but frankly, if the cash shop didn't exist, they just simply wouldn't ever have been made, so... it's a unilateral move at best.

As for the leveling potions and (close to) max level characters... they already technically sell those things in the form of recruit-a-friend and scroll of resurrection; this would just be streamlining it.

But as for Garrisons upgrades (seeing as they actually GIVE your character gameplay things,) real stat gear, gold, and all that other stuff? No way.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yes, and I'm really disappointed that they didn't add the XP boost with 5.4....

When will silly people use their brains and realise we have had an in-game shop ever since the first pet or mount.
    The ONLY difference now is an in-game interface.
    Selling in-game items for cash IS NOT NEW.

Yet nobody wants to talk about that, because it doesn't support a narrow-minded view.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isnt flamebaiting kinda against the rules?, just asking

the ONLY thing i see as acceptable is that u could be able to buy some sort of EXP boost ( 30% perhaps) if u got 3-4 or more characters of max lvl (10% pr max lvl char)

The mount training, i have a feel it will be account wide
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think an in-game cash shop such as you suggest would be a marvelous idea. Because, you see, sometimes I think back to how much I enjoyed playing WoW, or I see something new, and I think "Hey, maybe I should resub and give Blizzard another try". And it takes some effort to resist WoW's siren song. But with a cash shop like you depict (which I suspect is actually in line with what Blizzard wishes they had) such thoughts could scarcely exist.

Thank for for your excellent reminder on what we can expect the future of WoW to look like!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Then the game better go f2p or i'd quit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    So basically a F2P game yet you still pay for the game, expansions and sub fees. gr8
    It's still a sub based game. All of the things I have proposed are things they either already sell or if they added the extra things, they would all be non power items

The keyword to remember here is: Optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It's still a sub based game. All of the things I have proposed are things they either already sell or if they added the extra things, they would all be non power items

The keyword to remember here is: Optional.
    Garrisons are the exception, though. They actually grant players access to materials and justice points/valor points and, if I recall correctly, shots at gear.

Those are pretty much "power items"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Isnt flamebaiting kinda against the rules?, just asking

the ONLY thing i see as acceptable is that u could be able to buy some sort of EXP boost ( 30% perhaps) if u got 3-4 or more characters of max lvl (10% pr max lvl char)

The mount training, i have a feel it will be account wide
    Jaylock always starts flamebait threads... :/ (side note, think he said some time ago that he does not play, just goes in here and makes threads to piss people of/start fighting). I think this idea is horrible, sorry to say but many of your ideas Jaylock does not make much sense :/

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is something that F2P games should do, not games with a monthly sub...
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    The game has sub and paid for expansions, no not ever. There should be little to no content payed for instead of earned in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't want to pay for anything in the game, then don't! Otherwise, don't tell people what to do with their money.

No because it will be the beginning of the end for a game I love. It would have happened anyway at some point, I just thought WoW had a few more clean years in it.

I'm just gonna leave this here and that'll be my 2 cents in this thread:

The prices on your list i think are too steep, $100 for a lvl 90 character ......not a chance. Maybe $30

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't want to see yet another game become what MapleStory has become.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Great ideas. This guy gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    No, I don't want to see yet another game become what MapleStory has become.
    From someone who has played that game from its inception and seeing what it has become, I agree 100%.

Deleted
    I already pay each month, this is WAY too expensive!!!

Cash shops should only be for f2p games looking for funds for the game , and/or completely cosmetic / un-intrusive services.

As for the price of the shop items? If i pay 60 for an expansion, I shouldnt have to pay 25 for a mount or 10 for a pet. Its an exploitative system ( like dlc ) for sharks and predatorial price fixing. In comparison to the content you get for an expansion, a pet should be pennies on the dollar. The same can be said for paid services like character transfers, xp boosts, race changes, etc. All of which do not require more content to be made by developers (once the service has been built). Charging 30 for a service that is entirely automated is absurd, and the "its used to curb frequent use" is a cop-out and actually has a way of harming servers (like the ones that need more players) because of the large fees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If I actually said what I was thinking right now I'd be permanently banned from this site.
    The same for me...