Heroic Nazgrim 25

Tonight marks our second night of attempts for this sucker. Our best attempt was a 5% wipe, with the boss healing a 150 million from earth shield (2 ticks)

Here's the logs from that night. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pk...?s=2288&e=2716

We tank the boss next to where the adds spawn, and a OT picks up all the iron blades and brings them all to the entrance out of the way. The other tank who currently isnt on the boss picks up the other adds. We have one of our dks Deathgrip the arcweavers onto the boss for cleave damage, and I only hop off(rogue) to sit on shamans who are off on their own with another rogue.

Is there anything else we could be doing differently? Ive heard of tanking the boss off where he starts and a tank picking up all the shamans and stuff basically ignoring them.

Also I was doing it as assassination, due to the fact I run Assass/sub since the gemming and stats are both beneficial. Should I run combat for that fight? or not worth the regemming and such.

I think you should work on Galakras before Nazgrim it's a fair bit easier.

DPS seems low. We didn't keep the boss near the add spawns (seemed risky) and just killed everything where it spawned, got the boss to around 15% by the last defensive's end and bloodlusted and burned it. This was our first kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ6MMsXpq2c

While I do appreciate the tip about galakras, that is our next boss we plan after naz. We would of had it down last week if not for the 150 million healing from earth shield getting on him. We actually would of beat the enrage as well or been 5 seconds into it.

Deleted
    Didnt watched your logs but these are some tipps.

1. Instant remove the Earthshield!
    2. Dont tank the boss at the add spawn. (healing totems)
    3. Organize DK grips on add spawn, to cleave them down fast with all meeles before berseker phase.
    4. Use bl when you get a clean start of the berserker phase.
    5. Just use dots on the adds while berserker phase (we used 3 tanks to tank them meanwhile and make it easier)
    Last edited by mmoc9c836c5cf3; 2013-11-21 at 12:37 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have a hunter (me) kite the War Shamans (while it's killed by ranged), everything else is tanked on top of boss to be cleaved down. Obviously interrupts on the Arcweavers and stuns on the Iron Blades. We tank boss on top of add spawns most of the time.

Deleted
    I see no reason not to tank the boss where the adds spawn. It will give you a lot more DPS and if you move out the War Shamans then there is nothing else which is problematic. If you have a few rogues then having them sit on Assassins and Snipers with Paralytic Poison it can help a lot.

Deleted
    We have for control adds three tanks and boss stay before the elevator .. Adds have priority for all ranged dps .. If boss <10% nuke boss and ignore/kitting adds ..

Nazgrim and Galakras is easy, maybe Nazgrim is easier.

Mage/shamans have focus macro for shield.

We also tank the boss at the add spawn.
    I'd recommend that the guy tanking the ironblades also tanks the warshamans, this way he drops his totems out of boss range. Ranged take care of shamans and melee can focus the arcweaver. Let people throw some AoE when assassin adds appear and have a dedicated rogue keep this guy slowed. Kill assassins/snipers after shaman arcweave, kill ironblades only during Defstance.

Ya we had more close wipes last night our best attempt was 30% by 10th wave, and we still wiped, had like 8 people die in 10 seconds its like OMFG, stop dying to heroic leap...................

But ya definately going to have the warshams on the iron blades, before we had our rogues sitting on shamans and arc weavers. But if we have the warshamans go over with the iron blade tank way the f out there we could technically negate them till defensive stance? I do like the paralytic on snipers and assassins, we also do deathgrip arcweavers assassins onto the boss for cleave. I srsly think it will die tonight, if people cant stop derping on the easy mechanics......

Also how many healers should we run? we have been 6 healing it, should we drop our 6th healer for another dps? He's dying every pull to heroic leap being a waste of a bres anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Ya we had more close wipes last night our best attempt was 30% by 10th wave, and we still wiped, had like 8 people die in 10 seconds its like OMFG, stop dying to heroic leap...................

But ya definately going to have the warshams on the iron blades, before we had our rogues sitting on shamans and arc weavers. But if we have the warshamans go over with the iron blade tank way the f out there we could technically negate them till defensive stance? I do like the paralytic on snipers and assassins, we also do deathgrip arcweavers assassins onto the boss for cleave. I srsly think it will die tonight, if people cant stop derping on the easy mechanics......

Also how many healers should we run? we have been 6 healing it, should we drop our 6th healer for another dps? He's dying every pull to heroic leap being a waste of a bres anyways.
    We've only had one dedicated night of wiping to him and yea we had the same problem, shockwave. I honestly don't think the issue is anything else, I mean, it's an extremely forgiving 10 minute berserk timer. I'd say a variety of strats will work on this guy, in regard to positioning (some guilds tank shamans on the boss, some don't, some guilds tank him in the back of the room, others don't), to prioritizing adds, to running healers. When players die to shockwave it just snowballs: not only does it generate rage for Nazgrim, the adds now take longer to down. The only challenge this fight poses imo is focus: people need to dodge shockwave every 15 or 30 seconds, and if they don't then shit can go bad fast.

My guild just tanks him near the adds and cleaves everything down. The iron blade doesn't do THAT much damage and can be stunned, which stops him for the duration of the stun plus the time it takes him to start spinning again. The warshaman always gets focused down first and if one does manage to drop a totem everyone has a target macro to kill it before it heals (which is not difficult). We generally don't get any earth shields either, but if one does go out you can have someone focusing the boss to dispel it (on an add it's not a big deal if it ticks a few times). If you have monks, you can cycle rings of peace on the adds as well.

As people said, the berserk is very forgiving, so even if the boss does heal a bit you should be fine as long as you keep people alive. Only 10 waves of adds will spawn from the timer (the last set is at the 8 minute mark I believe), then one final wave when he hits 10% health. If you're behind on the fight because he healed, once you clear out the last wave of regular spawns just move the boss away from the add spawn locations, DPS him down through defensive stance (the ravagers really aren't that bad as long as the fight is almost over; they are much less threatening than the war cry, don't divert DPS like the banner, and don't 1-shot people like the shockwaves), and hit heroism when there's ~40 seconds left. At 10% whoever isn't tanking runs out to scoop up the adds that spawn and you just nuke him down, he'll be in battle stance by this point. That tank needs to make sure to keep the shaman away from Nazgrim and try to interrupt the arcweaver's AOE spell, neither of which is terribly difficult to do. Nothing else should be able to disrupt you enough to prevent nazgrim from dying as long as he doesn't do a war cry.

Even if he DOESN'T heal I would recommend stalling the 10% add wave until after the last wave of regular add spawns is dead. There's PLENTY of time to finish him off if you keep control of the fight.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2013-11-21 at 07:07 PM.

We went with this......

Tank the boss away from adds way far away from shamans

Ironblade tank also tanks war shamans

Dks deathgrip arcweavers / assassins onto the boss.

1 rogue with paralytic sits on snipers which will shut them down

1 rogue sits on assassins with paralytic shutting them down

Other melee dks w/e are interrupting arcweavers

Melee kill order

Banner
    Arcweaver
    assassins
    Nazgrim

Range kill order
    Banner
    War shaman
    Sniper
    Nazgrim

1 shot Hit enrage at like 40 million tank just went across the room and taunted we killed it as naz tried to get to him.

Onward to Galakras.... which I assume will be much easier >.> we did a few pulls before killing iron jug and naz, got to phase 2 a couple of times 50% ish

CC adds
    Interrupt adds
    kill boss

very straightforward fight

10+ Year Old Account
    We tank him where the adds spawn, bring them into melee range and aoe/cleave them down. I swap to Warshaman and dat Combat stun. Typically we don't even get a totem, but in the event we do EVERYONE focuses it. I'm not sure how we handle Earth Shields...I'm sure someone is dispelling it or something. I wasn't in for our first kill so I got the down and dirty and we've 1-2 shot it since.

Deleted
    Our first few kills we tanked nazgrim where the adds spawn (2 tanks on him), then we had a tank who tanked the iron blades away from raid. We just nuked shamans down asap as they spawned and their totems too. Arcweavers then. We killed all adds with this tactic. After few kills we changed the tactic to just have 1 tank pick up iron Blades and Shamans and tank them far away from boss. We just ignored these adds the whole fight and just killed Archweavers, assasins and snipers. The add tank might need some external cooldowns towards the end.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We tank the boss at the add spawn.
    Tanks taunt at 3 stacks, when this happens add spawn or are about to spawn making the tank pick up the warshaman and moving it away from the boss.
    The warshaman gets stunned by Fist of Justice and dies, if not I blanket silence with Ring of Peace and it dies.
    The Ironblade is on the boss for cleave, it is mostly stunned or disarmed.

There are only 10 add waves(for 10M don't know about 25M) we usually are sitting at 35% then.
    Moving the boss to the gate(elevator) at 20ish % - we usually have him in battle stance by then and just hero while one of tanks just gets all the adds.
    The tank tanking the boss will get around 4-5+ stacks but just keep in mind to rotate some cds at that point.(No need to taunt off during heroism)

~Diss

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For 25 man, just 3 tank. We did this and it makes the fight a joke. Monk/Pally on the boss for Executes. We tank him where he pulls from. Used a dk tank on adds. When Warshaman drops a totem, dk tank just grips him away from the totem. Made the fight a joke. Hardest thing was calling for a dps stop so we could control that last zerg wave of adds.

Deleted
    Heroic Shockwave will always target the closes ranged/healer who doesn't have Bonecracker. We assign two people and a backup to that job so people can never be near the shockwave