Poll: Bleak or bonus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I quit in WotLK as I saw 3.0 as the death of WoW PvP and by the end of the expansion (quit just before ICC came out) WoW was still dead. They had killed World PvP and Battlegrounds in an attempt to shore up the numbers in their arena and ended up killing all PvP in the process.

The fix for this crap would be much easier if they would just do the one thing I suggested back then on their own retail forums.

Remove resilience (and now PvP power as well).
    If the damage is too high in PvP, it is too high in PvE, balance damage requirements accordingly.
    If the healing is too high in PvP, it is too high in PvE, balance the healing requirements for fights accordingly.
    If the ability is too strong in PvP, it is too strong in PvE and shouldn't even be in the spellbook to begin with.

That right there would fix a good deal of the problems. Resilience should have never been implemented into the game, let alone made damn baseline and if they really were that die hard about implementing that damn band-aid they could have at least done it right and made it into a double edged sword where it decreased all damage done by players to them by X% while at the same time decreasing all damage done by them too non-PvP flagged NPCs by that same percentage which would have made sure it didn't interfere with each other and making it not count towards the gears item budget.

I swear, when it comes to fixing stuff, it almost feels like they try and find the must disruptive and damaging fix they can instead of what might actually work. Kinda like how they like to wait till the following expansion to fix stuff so they can wait to break other stuff first.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2013-12-02 at 01:10 AM.

I've actually had more fun PvPing this expansion than I have since TBC. From my experience though, most forum goers always claim the current state of PvP to be the "worst it's ever been". So the poll results don't surprise me.

Looking forward to WoD. With no new class and a minimum of new skills to balance, Bliz should be able to concentrate on really evening the playing field.

Bleak. Very bleak. I fear for pvp in WoW. They need to scrap the lot and start again. Starting with separating pve and pvp abilities. Resilience didn't solve anything. Balance seems to be a mess but for the casual player it's not that bad. What bothers me was the lack of pvp discussion at blizzcon and thereafter. It's obvious that Blizz regret adding formal pvp in this game. I understand that a WoW is a pve focused game but more resources could be used on fixing pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    well roll this around your head, warriors have a higher rep in 3s then s5 dks had.
    Probably because they're sitting on their rating after the nerf. And warriors aren't as broken as DKs were, they're "better" in the long run while DKs were just killing machines.

Edit: Maybe the nerf hasn't been implemented yet?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-12-02 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    why you think it was worst expansion for pvp? we got 3 new fun and unique battlegrounds, balance was ok with some tuning here and there. arenas are cross realm finally. cant sea reason for this qq
    If you think "line up all your cds and destroy something in 3sec" is a fun and balanced gameplay, then i'm really sad. Burst is way too high. Some classes became godlike (Mage, Warrior), while others relies on stupid "oh god i hope i can kill something in the next 10sec" (Hunter, Enha, Ret, Rogue) or 'lol, i killed a guy, i didn't even ment to!'(Elemental, Warlock)

This is one of the worst PvP since Arenas were introduced. Too much instant CC(insant fucking AoE CC), too much proc, too much synergy between classes (BM - Warrior, Mage - Warrior, Ele - any caster)

And i highly doubt anything gonna be better, don't think Blizz will take away utilites, nerf mobilites or just flat oud reduce the damage bonues on CDs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Probably because they're sitting on their rating after the nerf. And warriors aren't as broken as DKs were, they're "better" in the long run while DKs were just killing machines.

If you think, the intervene nerf will change anything, i have a bad news for you. Double interrupt, double charge, double spell reflect, good defensive cds, good offensive cds, amazing sustained, god like mobility. Ye, the intervene nerf definitely will reduce the warrior numbers!
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-12-02 at 12:30 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Pvp used to be fun. But now if u play bg's its just 6 guys hitting like wet noodles on a healer and the healer is just jumping around and insta healing himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

The intervene nerf is not in yet as the minor patch is still on PTR.

As for Warriors. I'd say they are total killing machines right now, worse than S5 Dks were.

If you think, the intervene nerf will change anything, i have a bad news for you. Double interrupt, double charge, double spell reflect, good defensive cds, good offensive cds, amazing sustained, god like mobility. Ye, the intervene nerf definitely will reduce the warrior numbers!
    QFT, this season is already ruined and any fixes will come too late. I just hope that things get better balanced for 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You obviously don't know a lot about warriors except: HURR DURR OP!
    1. More take juggernaut than double charge
    2. double interrupt means less control and does nothing vs non-casters (I believe it should be nerfed though)
    3. double reflect will go away with intervene nerf (at least from serious players).

If they nerf intervene as they intend and also throw in the interrupt shout then warriors are nothing over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I doubt WOD will be much better, I can only hope the item squish makes things more bearable. But as far as I know it's going to be same just with lower numbers. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    resilience didn't really fix it for the past expansions and it wasn't a solution in mop. I hope they will realize this and start the pvp system from scrap .
    I don't know, personally I felt like resilience did something. It wasn't the best system, but it served it's purpose. PVE gear didn't hold very strong in PVP unless it was a legendary or an insane heroic piece of gear. They still had to have PVP gear though. I feel like this PVP power switch was one of the worst things they've done since buffing HP. I can't even stand to gear my healer because I heal for absolutely nothing and I die instantly.

Not to mention the change has made me not even touch PVE this expansion. There's no reason. At least before I felt like I could customize my character more and had more control over what stats I prioritized instead of buying a basic set of PVP gear.