Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The OP seemed to imply that he/she wanted to lose weight.
    Same principle, it requires discipline and a goal. Eating less food is so much easier than eating so much food that your stomach feels like bursting, as well as weight training and running.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I guess I'm glad I have no desire to join the military.
    Whats fucked up is that I am now considered obese! gotta love the BMI system!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I think user of the most powerfull fictional sword.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KBQW4V_8_3.../CapThrone.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I think user of the most powerfull fictional sword.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KBQW4V_8_3.../CapThrone.jpg
    Yeah, you are thinking small time.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...20-emperor.jpg

Deleted
    Probably less powerfull
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...6515-Sarge.jpg

Eating Disorders are quite complicated, since it goes beyond food and hunger.

You may have Binge Eating Disorder (BED).. If you have doubts, I'd definitely go see a therapist before it starts affecting your life (gaining too much, starting to get other health issues)

As far as our mind and body works, as it's been stated above, it takes at least 20 minutes to for your brain to receive the signal that you're full.
    So eating slow, and waiting to swallow down the food before picking up another forkfull, drinking in between bites, etc. are really good habits to have.
    (I still have to remind myself every meal.. Being a working mom I wolf down way too many meals).

Also, sometimes, we feel hungry when we are actually only thirsty! So try drinking a good glass of water, milk or juice before picking something up to eat. It might make your craving go away.

Another tip would be to snack frequently during the day. (Healthy things like nuts, fruits, etc) to keep your metabolism going and to keep you from getting too hungry or starving before a big meal (more often than not we overeat and eat too fast when we're starving).

If you feel the need to finish your plate, why fill up your plate in the first place? Only starts with a little portion, and go from there. If you still feel hungry, help yourself to another mini portion and save the rest of the meal for another day.

The last tip I can offer is to brush your teeth, chew gum, or mints after you know you've had enough to eat. It will usually help curb any cravings.

@OP

My stepdad had parents who always made him clean his plate. Now, no matter how much food you pile on, he'll always eat it all. His sister's the same way.

I hate going out to eat with him. If we order a pizza, I'll eat a few pieces and then he'll eat the rest of the pizza-no matter how much pizza we get. Or he'll order 20 McNuggets, because it's cheaper than the 10 he wanted, and he'll sit there and eat every one of them. It's like he doesn't understand that it's ok to not eat everything. Hell, most restaurants will let you take food home with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It doesn't sound right. And I'm sure with his strong accent, and constantly taking breaks from crime fighting for tea, I can't imagine he's very intimidating either.
    He can hand you your ass without even spilling his tea just a little bit. You should be very afraid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats fucked up is that I am now considered obese! gotta love the BMI system!
    Ah, attempting to categorize humans by mathematics, that was sure to go well.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

His head is too small for that armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    His head is too small for that armor.
    I think you're talking about the most OP being in the most OP sci-fi universe ever to become popular. His head can be any size it damn well wants to be.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Could this be a genetic problem or something? Like I said I only have ever heard of this saying and don't know anyone that definitely has it but I'm sure I do.
    Although you might have to take a look at your eating habbits like most people are saying, it is possible that you might have a metabolic disorder. Various endocrinologic studies have found two hormones (leptin and ghrelin) tied to eating disorders.

The basic idea (the hormones are way more complex tho):

Leptin can be considered as weight losing hormone, it basically detects that you've already eaten and transmits that "I'm full" signal. People with a defficiency in the production or detection of this hormone might feel hungry even tho they ate a lot.

Ghrelin is basically the opposite, it sends the signal that you "are hungry", so a defficiency in such hormone would supress apetite.

If you truly believe that it isn't a psychological process then I would go to an endocrinologist if I where you, just in case.

I included the link of a publication about the effect of both hormones in the human metabolism, if you are intrested in reading more in depth about these two hormones.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...6.00270.x/full

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I don't know if many of you have heard the fact that your stomach is full, but your eyes are still hungry.
    Can't say I've heard that. I've heard "you're eyes are bigger than your stomach," but that's usually in regard to taking more food than you were able to eat.

Cause I am sure I have this problem. I do force food down my throat until my plate is finished.
    Were you often strongly encouraged as a child to finish your meal, even when you may have been full? Maybe it's a learned habit. Or perhaps you have a food addiction.

Deleted
    Eat slower, seriously.

I get through a full meal in a couple of minutes and i'm still hunger then i wait 20 minutes and i am no longer !

(psychologist) It's not a disorder. It's rather a problem that you have identified and obviously want it fixed. The only advice I can give you via the internet is eat slowly and stop when you are full. I could explain why it happens, but it's rather non-important.

Deleted
    Try being a body builder and force feeding yourself until you want to vomit, but you can't because vomiting is a waste of calories. It is hard work being underweight and having to bulk up, it takes discipline you that most people do not understand.
    You just described me right there. Sometimes, I'm just thinking to end this shit and go on with my life....but the feeling I have in the gym isn't comparable with anything in this world, so I keep going at it.

Deleted
    Same principle, it requires discipline and a goal. Eating less food is so much easier than eating so much food that your stomach feels like bursting, as well as weight training and running.
    I can do 1 out of the 3 !

I probably should have pointed out that I do eat slow. Ever since the lap band (it's been about a year now) I take the very least 20 minutes to finish my food as well as Chewing a lot before swallowing because if I don't the food gets stuck.

The problem is however, the actual amount I eat remains unchanged.

Also yes when I was young, I was encouraged to finish myfood and fill up on bread. Bad parenting? Maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a psychological problem but not a genetic one, probably to do with how your dad raises his children.
    Best solution, force your self to have smaller portions. As in, don't put so much on your plate, don't cook so much etc.
    You said you force food down your throat until the meal is done, I do this exact same thing to, but it's to do with how I was raised. "Never leave food on your plate", and so I don't. The only way around it, is to put less food on your plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are stil *hungry* i recomend you drink a lot of water. It will fill your up fast. And delay the hunger. (this is how some people lose weight..eat small, drink a lot)

If this doesnt work...then you either have a worm in your stomach or you have a psychological problem. In any case see a doctor if water therapy doesnt work.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intestinal_parasite
    Don't sweat the details!!!