Poll: How would yo react

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They can change the characters to stick figures for all I care. All I care about is good game play. lol. Sure, the updated models are very much needed, but they don't make or break the game for me. So whether it is ready by the next expansion or not doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Okkervil View Post
    They shouldn't have announced it as a feature if it wasn't going to be completely ready for the expansion.

Having old models mixed with new ones is going to be really bad.
    humans vs pandas on live.

They announce something at every blizzcon and fail to deliver it at all. Dance studio and the path of the titans are two off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already mentioned that it's likely. Something along the lines that the Classic 8 will hopefully be ready by WoD and that Draenei & Blood Elves may happen soon after. But I won't lie, with Garrisons not grabbing my attention and myself not being interested in a past Draenor without much of a presence besides Orcs & Ogres *subject to change*... the new models are big for me. It's WoW's equivalent of a major graphical update (which to me, it sorely needs.)

If the races not done aren't the ones I'm interested, I'll simply wait before I jump into the next expansion. Though this doesn't take into account the pre-WoD event. I came in at Wrath, missed the good pre-BC & pre-Wrath ones. So if a good one is on they way, I can afford $15 bucks for that. Just not to miss out on any rare phat loots. Damn Blizzard if it's Level & Gear cap mandatory stuff.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    They said that was most likely going to happen anyway. It pisses me off because I want them and it's a major selling point of WoD, BUT there's nothing you can do. I don't understand why people can't believe this. Modeling and animation can't done in a day.
    No, but it REALLY should have been done in 2 years, and they've got another 6 months until launch, at the very least. If it's not done by release, it's just laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    No, but it REALLY should have been done in 2 years, and they've got another 6 months until launch, at the very least. If it's not done by release, it's just laziness.
    I love that, you think they're just farting around not doing anything, or maybe they might be creating other content, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    SO I have a quick question, I have a feeling that the new character models will not run out as people seem to think they will do.

So I have no source or proof, just a theory of mine which I feel confident in. But what IF not all old race character models were ready by launch of the next expansion. I mentioned this earlier and some people freaked out at me for some reason which makes me wonder if this thought has even crossed their minds yet.

I have a feeling that some-most will be ready at launch with a few coming later in patches.

So, how would you react to this delay of a major selling point of the launch expansion?
    If it meant that it came out sooner, i'd be happier if they didn't change the models - I could not care less. The changes aren't that big a deal to me.

I personaly couldnt care less how a game looks when i play it. All i care is how good the game is and graphics are pretty close to last on list of whats important in the game. Now regardless of what i think,blizzard decided to make the key feature or major selling point of this expansion new character models and if they dont manage to pull out that, they might see many ppl going unhappy.

I would not mind much, but I think a lot of people will be very dissapointed since it seems they are expecting something new/fresh from the models when they most likely simply will be polished versions of what we allready have

The character models are not the major selling point for me, so I would not care.

Orcs will certainly be in the first batch and that's what my main is, so no biggie.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I wouldn't care. Considering this might be the only time we get model updates, I would rather have them done correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, as much as they've kinda hyped up the new model stuff, I think they'll prob push it to have all the original races available at release. Sounds like they are pretty well into the process by now. Esp considering new models likely instead take the place of doing a new race or class.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-11-21 at 09:05 AM.

I'd be more annoyed if the expansion was delayed for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm fine with it, aslong as the other models don't take to long.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Opinion as to whether that is a major selling point.
    For me it isn't, but for some people it is.
    Personally I would be fine with it, as really much of the character is going to be covered up with armor soon enough anyway.
    They use it as a selling pont and feuture, but even if you don't buy the expansion you will get the models..... Also they already stated that they are not certain the models will all make launchday. I couldn't care less, they look amazing thus farr so it's a nice extra, but for me it sure is no selling point.

Deleted
    Would not make much difference since its not the selling point for me.
    However, I would be mildly disappointed, since there is no reason to not have it ready by launch. Blizzard is a god when it comes to failing promises. Path of the titans any1?

Deleted
    A biased poll. Where is the option to say it would be a positive things. It would bring me back into the game fully.

Deleted
    I would be pissed tbh, they have more then enough time to finish them all.

Deleted
    I am pretty confident in Blizzard to complete it untill WoD launch, but it would not be the end of the world if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Draenei aren't even on the WoD website for a preview. I doubt they have any plans to remodel them before launch.
    I Seriously doubt blizz wouldn't update the character model of one of their spotlight races in the upcoming expansion for its release.