Poll: How would yo react

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Character Models-How would You react?

SO I have a quick question, I have a feeling that the new character models will not run out as people seem to think they will do.

So I have no source or proof, just a theory of mine which I feel confident in. But what IF not all old race character models were ready by launch of the next expansion. I mentioned this earlier and some people freaked out at me for some reason which makes me wonder if this thought has even crossed their minds yet.

I have a feeling that some-most will be ready at launch with a few coming later in patches.

So, how would you react to this delay of a major selling point of the launch expansion?

Opinion as to whether that is a major selling point.
    For me it isn't, but for some people it is.
    Personally I would be fine with it, as really much of the character is going to be covered up with armor soon enough anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They said that was most likely going to happen anyway. It pisses me off because I want them and it's a major selling point of WoD, BUT there's nothing you can do. I don't understand why people can't believe this. Modeling and animation can't done in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Opinion as to whether that is a major selling point.
    For me it isn't, but for some people it is.
    Personally I would be fine with it, as really much of the character is going to be covered up with armor soon enough anyway.
    Well it's not just about their appearance, but also the fluidity of their animations.

Back on topic:
    I think it is a major selling point, but I wouldn't mind if they delayed some races (to be patched in) if it means getting the xpac as a whole in faster.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't think too many people expect all of the models to be done by the time the xpac is released.

Deleted
    Would I mind? No. I'd like to have them all done by release though.

Gut feeling says this is a priority on the WoD checklist.

Deleted
    It was reported on mmo champion itself that not all of them would be finished by the launch of WoD.

People crying about it need to do some reading. They'll be coming on a patch by patch basis, although we should have quite a few at launch. I play Orc, which looks certain to be available at launch so perhaps my calmness on the subject is skewed.

i would be crushed if male nightelf didn't get done by Wod.. as a Rogue i wanna wear eye patches.. i would have to roll a Worgen or something since i find the old models unbearable after seeing the updates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    It was reported on mmo champion itself that not all of them would be finished by the launch of WoD.

People crying about it need to do some reading. They'll be coming on a patch by patch basis, although we should have quite a few at launch. I play Orc, which looks certain to be available at launch so perhaps my calmness on the subject is skewed.
    yeah which would most likely be nightelfs ;(

Business as usual. I honestly only expect male and female versions of the Dwarf,Orc and Gnome to be done by launch anything else is just a bonus.

When Blizzard first said they were working on them, they said they would most likely not have any ready till a patch in this expansion anyways, so having any of the races done when the expansion comes out is great to see.

Voted "Other."

I don't really expect all models to be done by launch; that seems like asking too much. That said, I'd like it if they were. Will I be pissed? That's far too strong a word. Maybe marginally irritated, but I'll carry on and remain patient (thus making "Happy to carry on" also too strong a statement). ;D

They already said it's unlikely all 10 races that they are updating will be ready at launch.

So my reaction is "Oh they did what they said and we will be getting 1-2 genders updated per patch".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    Business as usual. I honestly only expect male and female versions of the Dwarf,Orc and Gnome to be done by launch anything else is just a bonus.
    I'd be surprised if human wasn't a high priority for them. I know we didn't see them at blizzcon, but they are the most maligned model currently in the game and probably the most played. I believe they are likely working furiously on humans to be part of this. Possibility of Tauren and undead being ready too meaning trolls and night elves will be after launch and Draenei and blood elves further down the line. Draenei is a tough one as they also might be accelerated due to being front and centre of the story - although completely non-evident in the announcement trailer, whereas updated Orc models were front and centre of said trailer.

I really think humans will be available at launch though.

Although I don't expect all races finished for release, you can bet draenei male/female and orc male/female will be done. It makes little sense to not even have them prioritised.

They said they might need to do them in batches.

If so I will try REALLY hard not to be patient and not QQ like a bitch :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It wouldn't make any difference to me. Updated character models are nice and everything, but they simply aren't important to me. They could completely cancel all plans for them, and I honestly wouldn't care.

It pisses me off because I want them and it's a major selling point of WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Egeuse View Post
    Although I don't expect all races finished for release, you can bet draenei male/female and orc male/female will be done. It makes little sense to not even have them prioritised.
    Draenei aren't even on the WoD website for a preview. I doubt they have any plans to remodel them before launch.

They shouldn't have announced it as a feature if it wasn't going to be completely ready for the expansion.

Having old models mixed with new ones is going to be really bad.

Deleted
    wouldn't bother me at all, after the first day of playing with new models it will seem like the same old shit anyway