Poll: What's your favourite cheese?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your favourite Cheese-ball quest/chain.

Poll incoming. Warning: Lots of choices.

For those unfamiliar, in the creative arts cheese-ball refers to work that is lacking in substance, originality, style or any combination thereof.

And possibly one of the pieces in the formula to WoW's success is the deliberate inclusion of cheese-ball quests in order to provide some layer of comic relief from time to time, and they are there for those of us who just like to screw around.

So these would be the quests that don't really have anything at all to do with the storyline.

Some are individual quests (like Gnombliteration) while others are multi-expansion quest chains (Hemet Nesingwary)

So I've come up with several different chains and individual quests to round off the list. I've obviously missed some. They very greatly in level of cheese as well.

Since there are hundreds of cheese ball quests in the game, and only a maximum of 15 options I have included what I feel are 13 of the most iconic and distinct options, as well as other and no cheese please.

So what's your favourite cheese? (feel free to point out any essentials that I missed).

EDIT: Also for clarification, "Create use of explosives" are quests that involve "Goblin fishing poles" and the like.

Malfunctioning Gadgets are the gnome type quests, where you always have to use some gadget that never quite works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The Day Deathwing Came /thread
    I love how you knew that was going to be on there before I even submitted the poll :P.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-11-21 at 08:45 AM.

The Day Deathwing Came /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Gnomebliteration.. Because gnomes. That die. To a big ball of fire. That you control. And they're gnomes.

The Day Deathwing Came was a close second though!

My favourite was the Chen Stormstout line, for no other reason than the part where he makes fun of the Kungaloosh quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Voted Gnomebliteration.. Because gnomes. That die. To a big ball of fire. That you control. And they're gnomes.

The Day Deathwing Came was a close second though!
    Also, I liked the concept of Gnombliteration, but there wasn't enough gnomes standing close enough together. I find the execution was a bit off.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-11-21 at 08:54 AM.

What about the quests in Un'goro, with what's his name of Northshire?

DRAGON!!!!!

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28096/

Welcome to the Machine, and the follow up quests, especially checking up on the heirloomed belf with the horse named twinkles.

Gnomebliteration and The Day Deathwing Came, take a close second though... It seems Cata has had the best fun 'cheeseball' quests.
    Last edited by Danuru; 2013-11-22 at 06:26 AM.

The Rambo-themed quest chain in Redridge.

No! Socks! GIZMO!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    John J. Keeshan chain in Redridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No! Socks! GIZMO!
    Yeah I really wanted to put that on the list, along with Welcome to the Machine, but I wanted to avoid faction biased choices on the poll. :P

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look, punching Deathwing in the face and riding off on a mech-hog with a male blood elf groupie is the pinnacle of this game. There is no more fun to be had beyond this.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go with "The Day that Deathwing Came." Best quest in Cata. Though "Welcome to the machine" was pretty good. And though they weren't in any quest the side characters Jadaar and Asric are awesome.

Honorary note: the quest in Mout Hyjal where the parody/side characters from all over in Warcraft come to help you out. Mankrik, Linken, Maximillian of Northshire... good stuff.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Chen Stormstout quest chain in Valley! Just love when you help Mudmug!

''Dang ol' croc nearly took off my head!''

As you can probably guess, that level four orc quest where I beat up the lazy peons has a special place in my heart.

Welcome to the Machine isn't on there but I loved It was actually super pertinent to my feelings about WoW at the time and even my characters RP heh. but The day Deathwing Came is just 100 percent fun and unlike some quests that are silly which have you doing silly things in game the fact that you were playing through the people stories made it better and easier to swallow.

"Maximillian of Northshire" should be in the poll but "The Day Deathwing Came" is awesome. :P

I voted other because Max is just hilarious. :P

Deleted
    Oh I don't know.
    How about a quest where you're a Orc ladies-man flying on his chopper over a volcano with Deathwing nearby and you have a male Belf transvestite in your sidecar.

true story

For Doloria!

Deleted
    Harrison Jones and the Temple of Uldum best questline so far

Maxmillian of northshire & quests takes the co.

"Be proud, dragon. Today you fall to the blade of Azeroth's greatest hero. And also to my blade."
    I like my coffe like my mages.