5s vs noka 1020 vs note 3

I need to buy a new phone soon so i would like to know what do you guys recomend. After doing abit of a market study those 3 phones i mentioned are the ones who caught my eye so to say.
    What i will use it for:
    - talking and texting 2-4 hours a day
    - facebook/twitter -2 hours a day
    - taking photos at random events, parties, trips etc. No need to be profesional but i want good quality for memories.
    - use it as a car navigator in new cities
    - read documents and e-books 1-3 hours a day
    - sometimes i m not able to reach power sources so the phone should be able to last atleast 30 hours charged.
    - i dont have experience with rooting/hacking/or whatever, so i need the phone to be good to use and lagfree from the begining. I dont want to reboot it every day or spend time worying that some app/gimmick function will drain my battery.

What i dont do/need
    - gimmicks like hdmi/miror screens/air gestures/whatever
    - i dont use many apps, i m not bound to any echosystem
    - i rarely if ever listen music or vatch movies
    - not a pro photographer
    - i rarely play games on the phone

That s about it, i hope you guys can help me with this, also any actual user experience is more than welcomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually intresting..im in the same position.

I own a Samsung Note 2 atm and im completely satisfied with it, im thinking of upgrading but im confused between Nokia 1020 or the Note 3.

Will be keep an eye on this thread.

Deleted
    I absolutely love my 1020. The camera is awesome and has some very nice editing features as well. Winphone has really impressed me alot. Very easy and intuitive and extremely fast OS. Nokia also has by far the best navigation out-of-the-box.

Not really an apple fan due to all the restrictions and the pairing with Itunes. I do like the size of the iphone though.

No idea about the Note.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I absolutely love my 1020. The camera is awesome and has some very nice editing features as well. Winphone has really impressed me alot. Very easy and intuitive and extremely fast OS. Nokia also has by far the best navigation out-of-the-box.

Not really an apple fan due to all the restrictions and the pairing with Itunes. I do like the size of the iphone though.

No idea about the Note.
    Bantokar, how long since you bought it? And did you encounter any problems so far? What about battery life with normal usage? Also is the screen as scratch resistant as it was on the 920?

10+ Year Old Account
    NOTE3 as it trumps all the other phones. If you care about size then 5S will be fine. I however prefer ability to swap batteries/expendable storage and larger screens.
    -K

Deleted
    Any Lumia completely destroys the other phones (with OS, not qua hardware), no other phone has a chance against the 1020 or the 1320/1520 (to be released), I say it will only take a few years before Windows Phone completely dominates the market.

15+ Year Old Account
    1020 seems very fit for your needs, best pictures (especially if you're not a pro photographer, OIS helps a lot), integrated Navteq GPS, no fear of laggy things/need of hacking. Missing apps/games is often the major point criticized about WP, but since you list it as what you don't need I guess it won't bother you. WP is based exactly on what you list as your last point needed : a lag free system where no application can affect overall system, whatever is does. It is limiting for the user (some popular Android apps simply can't exist on WP), but the gain is well worth it imo.

For battery, 30h seems ok, my 920 lasts very easily 2 days without recharging with similar use (using cigarette lighter charger when I use it as car GPS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Any Lumia completely destroys the other phones (with OS, not qua hardware), no other phone has a chance against the 1020 or the 1320/1520 (to be released), I say it will only take a few years before Windows Phone completely dominates the market.
    I really don't see that happening, Android has majority of the marketshare. Microsoft was simply late to the game. Windows Phone has simply not shown a rapid growth compared to Android and its variants.
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    Bantokar, how long since you bought it? And did you encounter any problems so far? What about battery life with normal usage? Also is the screen as scratch resistant as it was on the 920?
    I never had a 920, 1020 is my first Nokia Smart Phone... No problems so far. Battery life around 2 days for normal usage. The screen certainly feels different than the other phones I have had (HTC, Sony Erik) and is much more responsive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    I really don't see that happening, Android has majority of the marketshare. Microsoft was simply late to the game. Windows Phone has simply not shown a rapid growth compared to Android and its variants.
    WP market shares are rising rapidly. In the third quarter they had a 156% increase from 3.7 mill phones to 9.5 mill phones.. While I think the previous poster was certainly getting ahead of himself, WP is only going to get bigger as more people realise just how good it is.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-11-21 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I never had a 920, 1020 is my first Nokia Smart Phone... No problems so far. Battery life around 2 days for normal usage. The screen certainly feels different than the other phones I have had (HTC, Sony Erik) and is much more responsive.

- - - Updated - - -

WP market shares are rising rapidly. In the third quarter they had a 156% increase from 3.7 mill phones to 9.5 mill phones.. While I think the previous poster was certainly getting ahead of himself, WP is only going to get bigger as more people realise just how good it is.
    I must have been looking an outdated char then since the line for WP was not spiking up rather than small increased growth. However, thats good to hear, more competition is always good for the consumers end. Iv not actually bothered to look into it, the UI is not my kind of UI id like to use but I have heard plenty of positives about it being very snappy.

Id love to be able to install any OS on my device, shame these companies usually lock them out to specific phones. ATM I am using CyanogenMod which has been pretty beastly.
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    That's why I said "in a few years", WP is growing a lot lately

In the end i went for the Nokia 920, it s almost the same phone as the 1020 - the camera and i paid ~300$.

I was sold over the good quality of the camera, the streamlined and easy to use interface, the free lifetime nav/maps and the build quality - the thing feels and is as solid as a rock. I was reading about alot of problems on the internet but so far i have not encountered any. The only problem i have is that on black colour the back of the phone it already shows some signs of usage (tiny scratches) that probably would not be visible on other colours. The screen is flawless despite the fact i wipe it rarely, wear it in pockets with keys and coins and i dont have any protection on it. Battery life seems good also, with ~40-60 mins of talk, ~40-50 texts, a few photos, 30-40 mins of net browsing and some 30-40 minutes of random stuff a day i get a good 2 days of use, usualy i charge it at work in the morning of the 3rd day. Photo quality is quite awsome, especialy in the dark like clubs and parties and i get alot of friends asking me to take photos for them at such events. Never had any lag or other problems with it. Only managed to crash it once when trying to take a photo of a lightbulb using the pro camera app with 4 second exposure time, it restarted after it unsuccesfuly tried to save the photo.

Why i did not go for the 3 i was initialy considering ?
    i5s: i didnt like the feel of it in my hand, kind of too small and girlish.
    note 3: i actualy ordered this one before finding out they brought the 920 back on stock. Not much to say against it besides the fact it kind of feels flimsy in the hand and it looks like it needs to be kept in some sort of armor/protection thing all the time... I guess it would kind of suck to see 700$ shatter in front of you. Also i dont like the fact that there is so much to fiddle with in order to keep it runing smoothly, and that a phone that has better specs than my home computer still lags/crashes alot.
    1020: the hardware spec bump isnt really noticeable on wp8, and i didnt need the camera enough to pay another 400$ extra.