Thread: [WW] crit cap

Deleted

[WW] crit cap

I wanted to know if there is such thing as critical hit chance cap, how does it works, and what value of critical strike chance I would need to have in order to reach it. I'm asking that because I don't know what should prioritize when I have reached critical hit chance at 62% value only self buffed with no flask and food. You know, chi brew + mastery looks sexy, specially when you get 4 teb stacks from 1 chi brew charge.

Deleted
    The guide here says this
    "Crit soft caps for 2H and Dual Wield monks are 75% and 57%, respectively."

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "crit cap" is where Auto Attacks no longer crit. Since AA is normally 15-20% of damage it only drops crits value by that much. Crit is still useful, just not as much.

After you hit the crit cap I'd put more points into haste as there is more use of that than Mastery.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    The crit cap for DW is 60%, however at this point Crit is still more valueable than Haste(after 11-12k) and Mastery. So nothing really changes.

Crit cap is actually relevant for bosses only. This is due to the fact that statistically 24% of your white hits will be glancing blows that cannot crit with a 2H weapon, and 57% will be with dual wilding. So of crit is your main stat priority, giving the fact that bosses have a 3% crit reduction, you should aim 76%+3% = 79% crit with 2H and 57%+3%=60% with DW.

Thus, you may want to reach higher values depending on your class mechanics.
    Last edited by biRg; 2013-11-21 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for enlightening me. So by this what everyone states here I shouldn't lower my crit that has passed 60% treshold anyway and go with the stat priority as normally. All I needed to know.