Need advice - Rift account coming up on renewal

All,
    I have been a Rift Subscriber since launch and am coming up on renewal of my paid account.
    With Rift going F2P is there any reason I should continue to pay the monthly fee?
    I am a very casual player and only log in on weekends. I am in a guild, but don't raid. I usually just complete quests and for professions, I am a gatherer and just sell the materials I collect on the auction house. I do own the base game and Storm Legion.
    Please let me know what I will be missing if I drop the paid portion? I looked on the website and it looks like I could without affecting my gameplay, but I wanted to get the input from those that are playing it free and paid before making my final decision.
    Thanks for your input.

You lose out on the weekly gift, and your daily gift has a lesser chance of giving halfway decent stuff. You also lose out on the experience/valor/currency vials, portable class trainers, and portable guild/personal bank. You also lose the extra currency from being a patron.

That's about all I can think of. Oh, and you don't get the "free" loyalty each time your subscription renews.

10+ Year Old Account
    try it for a month as f2p - not like you have anything to lose. whatever you do, don't buy in for a year.

personally, I wouldn't bother paying. the patron bonuses are not worth it.

also, if you bought the base game at launch, and storm legion, you don't lose most of the portable stuff / npcs
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-11-21 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    personally, I wouldn't bother paying. the patron bonuses are not worth it.
    I totally agree with this. I have bought very little since going F2P. Bought some credits a week ago or so just to buy some mounts and a costume. If you want to spend money on the game still, just buy credits, then buy what you want with them. Patron status has very little worthwhile, especially if you only play on weekends. If you do need the bonuses patron provides, buy credits then buy the weekend warrior patron pass on the weekends you play. Cheaper that way.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    try it for a month as f2p - not like you have anything to lose. whatever you do, don't buy in for a year.
    If you've been playing (and paying) since release, you may have early adopter pricing. Not sure if the few bucks a month are enough of a factor to never interrupt your subscription, but something to keep in mind.

I still feel that Trion is one of the better game companies out there, and that Rift is one of the better games. As such I really don't mind tossing them a little money every month (I have a founders subscription, so if I recall correctly that is around 10 dollars a month).

bottom line, if you like the game and the company you might as well support them and a monthly sub is one way of doing that.