prot bracer decision

so I goofed on H. Norushen & forgot to change my bonus roll spec from fury to prot so i ended up with Heroic Bracers of Blind Hatred. I currently have normal Bracers of Sordid Sleep.

Would i be better off using the Heroic Bracers or should i just stick with the normal mode ones & use the heroic bracers for my fury OS

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BAg/advanced
    Last edited by sdy284; 2013-11-25 at 04:11 AM.

I'd use the H one, only if you upgraded it though.

Deleted
    The Normal bracers provide you with:
    1160 Crit
    773 Dodge
    773 Parry

The Heroic bracers provide you with:
    850 Crit
    885 Mastery

The normal bracers will give you more stats overall.

Deleted
    Well depends on you're playing avoidance build or mastery build. If you're going for avoid then sordid sleep are the bracers of your choice. If you go for mastery take blindred hate.

Edith means: After inspecting your profile it seems you don't know what you're doing. Sometimes gemming for avoid then pure mastery gems. Choose one strategy and don't mix them up.
    Last edited by mmoc22e0640f44; 2013-11-25 at 11:58 AM.

i didn't realize 2 mastery gems were = not knowing what I was doing /facepalm I was trying to reduce my spike damage by upping my mastery a bit. thanks for your help though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    The Normal bracers provide you with:
    1160 Crit
    773 Dodge
    773 Parry

The Heroic bracers provide you with:
    850 Crit
    885 Mastery

The normal bracers will give you more stats overall.
    thanks, thats the reply i was looking for.

seeing posts like this with ppl doing Heroic content makes me shake my head. i mean really you couldnt figure this out on your own and you are doing Heroic content??? i my get in trouble but im sorry your in heroic content this should be stuff you know by now about your class and what not lol

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    seeing posts like this with ppl doing Heroic content makes me shake my head. i mean really you couldnt figure this out on your own and you are doing Heroic content??? i my get in trouble but im sorry your in heroic content this should be stuff you know by now about your class and what not lol
    Just as a theorycrafters skill with math and spreadsheets does not equate to skilled play and fire dodging, so can the inverse be true. A skilled player can suck at theorycraft but excell at dodging fire and hitting buttons. They are two differnt skill sets, neither mutually inclusive or exclusive.
    That said the math on the values of each wrist is wrong and ignores the value of crit rating for active mitigation the value of increased armor and stam and the ability to reforge the mastery to parry.

Then stop reading and move on. There are people here who are willing to help.

I still come to other people on these forums and other high level Prot Warriors I know for advice and opinions in gearing and stat theorycrafting and I'm 13/14 H. They do the same thing to me. There is nothing wrong with bouncing shit off other people. He may have an idea in his head and just wants a second opinion.

Please tell us your magnificent progress and world ranking that allows you to be this cocky.

I'm 11/14hc and I dont need anything from the first 9 bosses so I'm picking up a lot of off spec stuff, and this is possibly a question I could ask for one simple reason: in the 5-6 years I've played this game, I've tanked approximately 1 time, and now wanna do it for shits and giggles (it's funny cuz I'm bad) on farm. Being a good dps doesn't mean you have to be equally as efficient with an off-spec that you've rarely or never played (I know top 50 guild players that are amazing at shadow/boomkin etc, but freaking terribad at healing/tanking)

Not saying that's this guy's case, just making a point.

Sorry for being off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Please tell us your magnificent progress and world ranking that allows you to be this cocky.

I'm 11/14hc and I dont need anything from the first 9 bosses so I'm picking up a lot of off spec stuff, and this is possibly a question I could ask for one simple reason: in the 5-6 years I've played this game, I've tanked approximately 1 time, and now wanna do it for shits and giggles (it's funny cuz I'm bad) on farm. Being a good dps doesn't mean you have to be equally as efficient with an off-spec that you've rarely or never played (I know top 50 guild players that are amazing at shadow/boomkin etc, but freaking terribad at healing/tanking)

Not saying that's this guy's case, just making a point.

Sorry for being off topic
    It doesnt matter what his progression is honestly.

Peer review is a good thing. If you think you have no use for peer review and you have no desire to help others then why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    It doesnt matter what his progression is honestly.

Peer review is a good thing. If you think you have no use for peer review and you have no desire to help others then why are you even here?
    Gliff is right. Asking for help should be a boon for all, not so someone is made to feel bad for asking a question. This is a forum for discussion and help, not to bash people for asking a simple question.

That said, other posters have already helped you out, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. If you're going for a crit/mastery build use the heroic ones. If you're going for avoidance, keep the normal ones. It's not good to mix and match between each build, you're better off picking one or the other.

Unless you want to use them for the dps spec I'd probably use the heroic ones.
    Similar crit and the armor/stam/str gains should make up for the avoidance vs mastery trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering that the first few bosses are fairly easy on heroic it shouldn't be unexpected that people can do it without much theorycrafting knowledge.

Besides the choice between those 2 items isn't all that obvious.