Poll: Did you enjoy Mists of Pandaria?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I enjoyed MoP much, much more than cataclysm. I did like wrath more than mop, but that might just be because that was my first expac doing end game content. That content was pretty awesome though

No. I hated every second of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it for the most part. I had my problems with it, but everyone has problems with a lot of stuff in life.

Deleted
    Well, I did not like the dailies.

I voted yes, just because I love LFR and MoP is the first expansion to use LFR from start to finish.

I didn't really PvP at all in MoP, and the dungeons honestly weren't very good. Cataclysm had much better/more interesting heroics, and more of them. The Dragon Soul heroics were cool at the end of Cata. Wrath and TBC obviously had some amazing heroics (again, especially the Icrecrown heroics.)

Challenge modes, pet battles, even scenarios... meh. I really could care less, and it feels like those + Timeless Isle (also very meh) took away from them adding more dungeons.

Raids were great though, not much variety was my only concern.

TBC was only expac with really, really varied themes and settings for raids - and was totally awesome for it.

TL;DR- more dungeons, more heroics, more varied raid environments - challenges/scenarios/pet battles/timeless isle the game would be better without.
    Last edited by heerobya; 2013-11-21 at 07:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed it much more than I've suspected. I really like that there is a lot of optional stuff to do outside of raiding that I can do if I have some more spare time at my disposal but I don't lose anything if I skip them at some more busy moments in my life.

As for the story, I've loved it. I've played since Vanilla and MoP was the most immersive experience for me. The game actually made me interested in what is happening. I've done all major storyline quests even tho I did not need them for my toon.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2013-11-21 at 07:07 PM.

They did dailies really well in this expac. Kinda sad they're not making ANY in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    They did dailies really well in this expac. Kinda sad they're not making ANY in wod.
    They aren't? Do you have a source on that? I must have missed it :/

I really enjoyed it, overall. The story coherency and presentation was miles ahead of any other expansion thus far. Content was good, dailies and reputation gating was not good but they learned from it.

Deleted
    What I like about Mists is some of the gameplay improvements and streamlining in general.

What I didn't like was the asian setting and story, it just didn't interest me. And since story is one of the main reasons why I play (yeah, I know I'm probably a minority), I have to say in the end I didn't quite enjoy Mists. Warlords looks like a lot of fun though, Mists gameplay with a better setting and story (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    If you like dungeons, then why don't challenge modes appeal to you?
    For me, challenge modes were too "gamey" aspect with the rushing and the time-taking with no proper progression or reward that would tie them sensibly into the game itself.

In any case, Mist was huge improvement over Cataclysm and as such I did enjoy it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    They aren't? Do you have a source on that? I must have missed it :/
    They said "little to no dailies" in the Blizzcon panel for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

OT:

I really enjoyed MoP, most of the lore was fresh, it was a nice change of pace, and re-ignited my love for the game that Cataclysm shit on, spit on and smeared into the mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    This had to have been the best expansion for me since BC. Had lots of fun with the Pandaren Monks and I loved questing on the turtle island and Pandaria. The dungeons and raids were also lots of fun. So yeah I guess you could say I enjoyed myself with MoP.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit and miss. Pandaria itself didn't do much for me, but I loved 5.1 and 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted no.

-The only raid fight I thoroughly enjoyed was Lei Shen.
    -Scenarios are probably the worst addition to the game in a long time and should under no circumstances replace the old dungeon system, imo. Doing heroic scenarios for the valor reward felt like more of a chore than the 4.1 heroics. I would rather have 1 new dungeon for every 3 or 4 scenarios we got this expansion.
    -The questing zones were either hit or miss (Valley of Four Winds & Dread Wastes gigantic miss).
    -5.1 gating of daily rewards with reputation AND valor
    -5.2 catch up system being focused on Troves of the Thunder King. I did not enjoy the LFR catch up system.
    -The Lore.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

The only thing I disliked is how they switched from gearing alts through dungeons to either a painfully slow grind to get decent Timeless items or the painfully slow gear grind that is LFR. I liked late Wrath and Cata because of how nice it was to gear up alts. Most of my alts now hit a wall at 500-505 item level and the only real way to get past it is to either do LFR or spend hours on the Timeless Isle. At least the Timeless Isle you can do in chunks, but LFR just eats up large amounts of time with queue and clear time. I'd much rather gain 522 items from Justice Points and 553 items from Valor Points. With a set of dungeons dropping 522 gear, most importantly weapons. Late Wrath/Cata were maybe too focussed on dungeons, but with the many ways of getting Valor/Justice, things wouldn't get as repetitive.

Other than that it is my favorite expansion so far. Raiding has been very fun, with the exception of Heart of Fear. I really didn't like the atmosphere of the raid and the way it looks. Was also in a guild that really struggled there on normal mode. Not many fond memories in there. Throne of Thunder was great though, as is Siege of Orgrimmar. Pet battles have been a great addition, although I care more about the collecting and levelling part, rather than the higher tier battling (PvP, Celestial Tournament, Pandaria epic pets). Really like the farm they added as well and happy they'll continue and expand on that with the Garrison.

75% didn't say "no." And this is MMO-champ, where everyone hates everything. I say that's a win.

Other than the initial dump of dailies, I didn't have any gripes about Mists so far.

Damn those dailies, damn them >.<

It was alright, but here are the biggest minusses for me:

Scenarios (Uninteresting, easy and forgettable)

Limited 5mans

Too easy endboss

Too doinky expansion as a whole (Monkey brewery, vermin etc.?)

EDIT: And dailies of course. At least the initial ones. Thunder Isle was alright.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2013-11-22 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Everything I liked got fucked and everything I disliked got onto an wider audience, and "better" as they say. So no, I hated the xpac.