Updated classic sets?

After seeing:

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/46/618x346/ga..._judgement.jpg

It got me thinking... wouldn't it be (kinda) cool if at some point they updated the most iconic of Class's sets to bring them up to current status? Like even if it's the new challenge mode sets or something? Thought it'd be nifty. Of course, I main a blood elf paladin so I might be a little biased in this request.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For those who don't know, that's an alternate skin of Uther in the Heroes of the Storm MOBA Blizzard is working on.

Deleted
    Good topic, but I do not think so. The question i would be more concerned about: How do the old sets look on the new models...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it would depend on the time and resources to update old models etc. If it doesn't take overly long and is relatiely easy to do, then sure why not. Some of the classic sets are also some of the best, like the Judgement Paladin set, still worn by many! But its clear to see that the latest tier sets are much 'prettier', just think how good the classic sets would be if done at the same standard...

The issue would be how to obtain them. IMO they'd have to do say all the Vanilla and TBC sets again to the new standard, which is 6 Sets per class (not counting the 3 dungeon sets included) plus DKs and Monks would need the same 6 (or 9) sets added from scratch (which I think is THE main reason against this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Good topic, but I do not think so. The question i would be more concerned about: How do the old sets look on the new models...
    I think TCs point, though, would be to take the look and feel of the really awesome older models and create new ones up to current standards. I had a topic on taking the really hot Vanilla and BC green quality armor sets and redo them. Honestly the leveling gear has gotten rather bland.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    Oh God Please NO! I want new designs coming in! Not revamping older sets, we've been there, it's done!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Oh God Please NO! I want new designs coming in! Not revamping older sets, we've been there, it's done!
    Are you overracting for comedic effect or do you genuinely care that much?

Deleted
    Let the old sets be, you could do nothing to improve Field Marshal's Battlegear or the Judgement set

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Let the old sets be, you could do nothing to improve Field Marshal's Battlegear or the Judgement set
    I have to say a few more pixels on my Field Marshal's Aegis and Grand Marshal's Claymore wouldn't go amiss, keep the essence, just distil it more.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    I disagree. You can always add more polygons and if they made the old Judgement Armor look like the kind they designed for the WoW Figure of my profile name that would be amazing.

I think it'd be a really cool idea. It'd be nice to have a shot at a nicer version of T2 shaman.

I'd like to see the character creation screen sets (some classes need to be finished) implemented in WoD as a dungeon set or challenge mode reward. They are nicely updated versions of classic Vanilla gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the older tiers are utterly iconic. Older sets retextured could be rewards for Darkmoon Faire, or maybe as part of the reward scheme for a level scaling system they are always in search of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Well taking the judgement set as an example, there are already clipping problems with the set on Blood Elf Paladins, Tauren paladins, basically any plate wearer outside of the human race in game. However I will admit I've never seen a gnome wear the set.

Oh god yes please. Also vanilla non-set pieces.

I'd love it but I'd rather the time and other resources be invested elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden View Post
    After seeing:

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/46/618x346/ga..._judgement.jpg

It got me thinking... wouldn't it be (kinda) cool if at some point they updated the most iconic of Class's sets to bring them up to current status? Like even if it's the new challenge mode sets or something? Thought it'd be nifty. Of course, I main a blood elf paladin so I might be a little biased in this request.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For those who don't know, that's an alternate skin of Uther in the Heroes of the Storm MOBA Blizzard is working on.
    I hope not. When they tried redoing old sets in Naxx (Wrath) they were hideous.

Sure, the Pally one you posted looks cool, but that's only because it looks kind of cool regardless. I don't want to see all the others redone.

I'd rather see some new stuff reflecting Draenor.

My 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    It'd be nice to have a shot at a nicer version of T2 shaman.
    This is what I came in here to say. Thats a great looking set but the texture quality is so low.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i prefer the developers to use that time to make new cool looking items and sets

I'd be happy if they brought Tier 6, and possibly 8, upto a new fancy standard, all 3D and sexy.

I'd be very happy in fact.

Doubtful though, new content always has prio over old content.

T15 and T16 looked AWFUL for a lot of classes, in my opinion of course (Hunter T16 looks amazing, warrior looks just awful), where as Season 14 pisses all over the PvE sets for once, PvP sets used to be awful, they looked like greens or just a recolour of the current tier gear, but wow, S14 really brought up the standard of PvP gear, and I don't even bother with PvP, it makes me want to haha.

I think with T2/T3, everyone and there mother is transmogged to it, it's sort of ruined those sets for me, same with Ashes of Al'ar, I see at least 20 uniques a day, it was obviously going to come to this at some point, but I didn't think it would ruin it for me personally so much.