Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    every raid except ssc
    You can solo SSC too. There are a lot of videos up, basically every class can do it.

Tbh, it depends on your dps, on my timeless geared prot pala I had problems getting past council in BT, and karathess in ssc.
    Also king maulgar solo depends on the class and dps.
    The rest is easy (i found sunwell to be very easy compared to the rest).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Lady Vashj can be a bit tricky if you let too many elementals reach her but other than that all raids are easily soloable.
    no... not really. i let her reach max stacks once and was still /doledrums. her damage is nothing when you have conversion as a frost dk :]

Deleted
    Everything is very easy once you get the general strat down. Only tricky boss is Lady V with her shield and everything....

Everything has been soloable for a while now.

Only difficult things would be the chess event and RoS, but that is due to the figth design, not due to underpowered gear.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i soloed lady vashj easily at 100 stacks of that buff.

nothing is unsoloable these days from bc. all of the bosses that were unsoloable have been fixed because of the pets they added
    Same here, I was not even remotely close to die when she had 100 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    I started playing late TBC and did not raid back then so I don`t know much about the raids of TBC.
    I just found out that there is some transmog gear to be had in Gruuls Lair for my paladin.
    And other stuff+achievements+gold+just seeing the content factor.

So. I am wondering if lvl 70 raids are soloable. I would like to try different raids on my 3 mains: DK, Pala and Warrior.

Deathknight is blood specced. Paladin is holy so i guess i need to respecc to prot or ret. Warrior is fury so i guess maybe prot would be better?

Or what do you think?
    What are your experiences?
    How easy or hard are the TBC raids to solo?
    DK: Go Blood until you get a feel for the fights at 90, then switch to Frost/Unholy if you want more damage. The only BC fight where Unholy is not recommended is Kael'thas due to getting mind controlled if you have a minion/pet (think they fixed the issue of Bloodworms causing Kael to mc but not sure).

Warrior: Second Wind, zzzzz. Only real hard fight is Brutallus (did it at 475ish as Protection, 500 is a joke for Arms/Fury but reforge for Expertise).

Paladin: Ret is probably the best for this especially with how easy it is to get 496+. Would only recommend Protection for Illidari Council if you have a crap weapon.

But yeah, most of the TBC stuff was soloable back in FL-DS gear in Cataclysm.

Edit: Does that one boss in SSC still nuke you for 50% max health if you have mana as your current resource? If so that's probably the hardest fight as a Paladin to do and Holy may be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i soloed lady vashj easily at 100 stacks of that buff.

nothing is unsoloable these days from bc. all of the bosses that were unsoloable have been fixed because of the pets they added
    got her to 175 once. man her head was out the roof!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I don't believe that the first Sunwell boss, Kalecgos, is currently soloable. He portals you into the Demon's phase and without someone in Kalec's phase, the boss despawns rather quickly, forcing a reset.
    I have solo'd him on my hunter...Just save dps CDs for demon phase and burn it fast enough and kalec doesnt despawn outside, This is a DPS check though.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way you can just skip him if he despawns and carry on with the rest.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

they are most certainly all doable as Solo on a DK, the only place you may have trouble with is Sunwell, but thats purely because of mechanics (unless they changed the Kalec encounter)

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I have solo'd him on my hunter...Just save dps CDs for demon phase and burn it fast enough and kalec doesnt despawn outside, This is a DPS check though.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way you can just skip him if he despawns and carry on with the rest.
    they changed kaelcgos. you dps him to 1% then he instantly teleports u in and u got like a min to kill the demon then free loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Edit: Does that one boss in SSC still nuke you for 50% max health if you have mana as your current resource? If so that's probably the hardest fight as a Paladin to do and Holy may be the way to go.
    Changed in 5.3, brother. "For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target's maximum health plus 5000 damage, down from 50% of target's maximum health, the stun effect can be removed by abilities that free the player from stuns, and the spell now targets any character class instead of only targeting character classes with mana."

Which was nice... I tried it in 5.0 and got rofl-stomped, then skipped him and went to Vashj.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    all of em are soloble, even ssc and bt

lady vashj can be annoying to find the corrupted dudes while being feared, they dont stay up forever so you have to be quick to kill em when you find em
    also the room is huge so finding them before they die is hard solo, but it is doable!

first boss in bt might be hard aswell, i had a guildy come with me as i couldnt get the boss down fast enough on my dk (the gear is really bad xD

Every raid in WoW is soloable up until Cataclysm, with BiS gear.

Most of WotLK raids are soloable at lvl 90, never mind TBC. Kael'thas can be a pain in phase 3 though, when all the advisors are up; the mage can keep you permanently disoriented if you don't bring her down quickly.

In WotLK, Thorim in Ulduar is tricky because the encounter requires the raid to split up, some classes (and engineers) have found ways around this. And in ICC you'll need some help for the Gunship Battle. Valithria Dreamwalker is impossible for non-healing classes.

Easy if you have high DPS and a bunch of potions to bring along.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Most of WotLK raids are soloable at lvl 90, never mind TBC. Kael'thas can be a pain in phase 3 though, when all the advisors are up; the mage can keep you permanently disoriented if you don't bring her down quickly.

In WotLK, Thorim in Ulduar is tricky because the encounter requires the raid to split up, some classes (and engineers) have found ways around this. And in ICC you'll need some help for the Gunship Battle. Valithria Dreamwalker is impossible for non-healing classes.
    Gunship is easy enough to solo.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Gunship is easy enough to solo.
    You mean the lootship battle? That's beyond easy...

Yes. I did Gruul`s Lair, Karazhan and Black Temple last night on fury warr and blood DK.
    Incredibly easy. Could pull the whole raid at once because the mob can not even hit you.
    Even faster on fury warrior as Dragon Roar one shotted everything at once.

The council in Gruuls Lair took a few seconds longer because of the fears and stuns.

I did not expect it to be THAT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post

Gunship has been soloed by DKs (Frost for the most part but 10 N can be done as Blood) for 10 N/H and 25 N. Dreamwalker has also been soloed on 10 N by Blood DKs, could probably do 10 H as well but who cares?