Deleted

Upgrading an old rig need help.

Budget
    Around 300GBP

Resolution
    Right now i'm using a 1366x768 might go higher in future when i get a better monitor.

Games / Settings Desired
    WoW - High/Ultra in BG's/3v3 at around 40-60 fps if it's even possible within this budget
    CS:GO - High~
    League of Legends - High~

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Possibility of streaming in a watchable quality.

Country
    UK

Parts that can be reused
    HD
    DVD drive

Do you need an OS?
    Nope

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc
    Nope

Current PC -

Processor - AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00 GH'z,
    Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB (Clocks - Core 650 MH'z, Memory 800MH'z) ,
    Mother Board - Asus M4N685-M-LE-V2
    Ram - x2 Corsair 2GB DDR3 (667 MH'z)
    PSU - Some random 500W PSU

I'am looking to replace the above parts, within the budget, i could also sacrifice buying new ram to give some money towards other parts that's if i can do that.
    Last edited by mmocc8b95e21ea; 2013-11-21 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you currently have 2 x 2GB RAM, that's 4GB, which while not amazing would just about get you by, the CPU (and therefore motherboard) and GPU could do with a bit of a switch though if anything.

While having unbranded PSUs isn't ideal.... it may be something you have to live with in the long run.

So if we take that you keep the same RAM but change the motherboard, CPU and GPU, perhaps looking at this:

This will give you a very good base to stand on if you were to upgrade the monitor in the future:
    Gigabyte Z87-HD3
    Intel Core i5 4670K
    Radeon 7950 3GB
    £410

Average build, still good parts, no overclocking and a decent GPU:
    Gigabyte H87-HD3
    Intel Core i5 4430
    Radeon 7870
    £350

Closer to your original price point, dropped right now on motherboard capability (not much future proofing) to see if I could keep an i5 in:
    Gigabyte H81M-D2V
    Intel Core i5 4430
    Radeon 7870
    £310

And the i3 version if on a real budget:
    Gigabyte H81M-D2V
    Intel Core i3 4130
    Radeon 7870
    £270

I still suggest the previous gen AMD cards as personally I think at this price point they are great value over the newer gen. Personally, I would of course be suggesting the highest one, as it gives you the most safety in future proofing your system if you were to get another monitor.

I think in your situation the £310 build will suffice though, it will still be miles ahead of what you currently have.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Thank you for all that i actually forgot to say in the post that i really need a new PSU this one is making really weird noises and my frames started dropping badly ever since the noises started.