Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No but I bet it went up in price, or will the next time open enrollment comes around, therefore...screwed
    We received a letter telling us know we comply with ACA and nothing changes a week before October first, with contractors being directed to exchanges. The price or the coverage did not change. No, nothing changed for me.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    See... that's my concern. Why didn't we try to knock that stupid law out first before "going Nuclear"?
    The republicans might have been willing to do a talking filibuster indefinitely if it meant they could maintain the DC circuit court under their power indefinitely.
    That's my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    The republicans might have been willing to do a talking filibuster indefinitely if it meant they could maintain the DC circuit court under their power indefinitely.
    That's my guess.
    Seriously, if an old dude wants to talk forever he's probably able to do it. It takes me forever just to disentangle myself from casual conversation at the grocery store with an old guy, I don't think I wanna see what it's like when he's got power in his hands and he's trying to retain it and the only way to do so is by talking a lot.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Seriously, if an old dude wants to talk forever he's probably able to do it. It takes me forever just to disentangle myself from casual conversation at the grocery store with an old guy, I don't think I wanna see what it's like when he's got power in his hands and he's trying to retain it and the only way to do so is by talking a lot.
    That would mean the person filibustering has the rational of a rambling old man at a grocery store. Hiding that, is the point of a filibuster becoming procedural...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

meh my insurance through my company went up, same policy just more money :/ politics aren't my thing but this whole thing seems to be a tactical diversion to get people's mind off obamacare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noobstar View Post
    meh my insurance through my company went up, same policy just more money :/ politics aren't my thing but this whole thing seems to be a tactical diversion to get people's mind off obamacare.
    Politics aren't your thing..did you just *think of* this talking point about this being a tactical diversion, or did you hear a news/political pundit say that?