Thread: Ele dps Help.

Ele dps Help.

So im trying to play ele atm but my dps is just terrible simmed my self @ 80k can only bull 55=63 in raid no idea why i try my hardest with the rotation but cant break 70k any ideas?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kjockey/simple

Well for starters read => http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-4-Edition

After you have finished reading it, you will notice that "EXP+Mastery" Gem is very suboptimal for an elemental shaman , also you have 4 Items that are not enchanted and one empty glyph slot.

You choice of glyphs is also very suboptimal

So before you ask again, whats wrong with your elemental dps read this thread=> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-4-Edition (linked it twice, just to be sure )

Yeah but when i simmed it was for all my sub par gems / enchants and it still told be i should be pulling roughly 80k dps so i think the problem lies somewhere else.

Just a couple things to note, telluric currents shouldn't be needed, you get mana back from lightning bolts and chain lightings while you have lightning shield up. If you're having mana issues, you're doing something wrong. T1 talent: I prefer an active mitigation as nature's guardian won't save you from getting global'd. T2: if you need a root, you're better off with earthbind totem since shocks share a CD. Last, but not least, T6 talent: you don't have enough gear to be using unleashed fury. You're better off with elemental blast for single target and Primal Elementalist for AoE.

Didn't provide logs, so can't comment on rotation. Kinda seems like you didn't read up much on elemental shaman.

the sim damage assume 0 ping 0 packet loss and 0 mistakes. That DPS number isn't to be taken literally, it's really only to be used to compare to other sims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    Yeah but when i simmed it was for all my sub par gems / enchants and it still told be i should be pulling roughly 80k dps so i think the problem lies somewhere else.
    80k? With 504 gear? That should be higher. Something is totally up - If you're simming at 80k with 504, that is exactly where the problem lies.

You're using double healer trinket, hit rating gems, one item unsocketed, a few unenchanted items, running Telluric Currents and you're using UF (UF is for like... 545 Ilevel or more).

You'll see yourself doing a lot more damage if you got yourself some proper trinkets and started using Elemental Blast or Primal Elementalist (I'd go with PE, SoO is a lot of AoE in general).

You should combine Stone Bulwark with Call of Elements, so you can use it twice in a row, should it be needed.
    Call of Elements works well if you take rushing Streams in the 5th tier.

Also at your gear level is 100% legit to grab Elemental Mastery as Echoe is a high Ilevel switch you should make around Ilevel 525 or so.

Your hit is 17,21%, yet you're using a few expertise gems :/?

Also, you need HASTE. Lots of haste.

I need to ask; Did you even read the shaman guide?

Can you give us any more information?

Looks like you're in resto gear/spec atm. Unless that is your ele set?

Sims are 100% perfect dps. You can't execute 100% perfectly realistically. Not even the best players do.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    80k? With 504 gear? That should be higher. Something is totally up - If you're simming at 80k with 504, that is exactly where the problem lies.
    No LMG or cloak. LMG is pretty huge for ele

My shaman with 484 is simmed for 75k dps... Without any gems, reforge or enchants.

And for low ilvl what T60 and T90 talents I should use? Elemental mastery > Echo? In not UF what should I use?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    My shaman with 484 is simmed for 75k dps... Without any gems, reforge or enchants.

And for low ilvl what T60 and T90 talents I should use? Elemental mastery > Echo? In not UF what should I use?
    Have you tried simming? I personally would still use Echo of Elements because Elemental Mastery is good when you have been given a special task, or when you have very small and well-determined burst windows. For example - proving grounds, going on the conveyor belt at Siegecrafter (in LFR for example, just to see what it feels like). Otherwise, I'd always go with EoE.