Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused by these threads. Are you telling me that your version of the Emerald Dream is what Blizzard should use for THEIR game, even though they just said their version of the Emerald Dream would be all one big lush green forest and that's boring? It's their bloody world, if they say it's all one big lush green forest, it bloody well is. Just because you imagined it better doesn't mean that's how it is. There's a million ways I feel I could improve upon the world, a million different things I'd wish they'd explore or show differently, but they don't, and I don't complain because it's their idea, their ip, their world.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if it doesnt get axed like abyssal maw was, sure.
    I'm pretty sure Azshara and N'zoth aren't going to get axed like a minor raid zone.

Personally I hope N'zoth is defeated outside the dream so it never comes to pass. No doubt people will still cry for it when the Nightmare god is """""dead"""""

As of right now though. Nightmare lord is DEAD, Forces of the old gods are Fucked No cult, no twilight flight, no elemental lords, Huge defeat at the Hour of Twilight.

To expect the Dream now is laughable when there IS no lore planned books or otherwise. Maeiv does have potential to become the next nightmare lord / a Villan in the future, Something I would like to see.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-23 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looooove blizzards reasoning to this.

As anyone noticed how blizzard has this great love of destroyed, derelict, chaotic and lifeless places, far more then keeping any nice looking zones.
    Cataclysm and its destroying of old zones. derelict places around northrend, vale of eternal blossoms vaporized, all end zones looking like shit.

How far, seriously, how bloody hard would it be to make the emerald dream. You can make lush forests, but you could make darker, nightmarish zones, just expand on some ideas..

but no. Hey, forum posters have put up more creative suggestions on how to handle the emerald dream then any shit the developers could come up with, but what to non-wow programmers know, right?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Woohoo! I'm glad they arent making an Emerald Dream expansion now everyone can shush about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I'm confused by these threads. Are you telling me that your version of the Emerald Dream is what Blizzard should use for THEIR game, even though they just said their version of the Emerald Dream would be all one big lush green forest and that's boring? It's their bloody world, if they say it's all one big lush green forest, it bloody well is. Just because you imagined it better doesn't mean that's how it is. There's a million ways I feel I could improve upon the world, a million different things I'd wish they'd explore or show differently, but they don't, and I don't complain because it's their idea, their ip, their world.
    Hence the disappointment in them.

i agree with blizzard. the zones would be boring and similar. they did good to squash the hopes because im tired of hearing about emerald dream

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    Woohoo! I'm glad they arent making an Emerald Dream expansion now everyone can shush about it
    people will still complain about it though
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It is a shade of green, are you colourblind? because that would explain it
    Surely you realize that having a color in the zone doesn't mean that zone's color scheme is primarily that color, right?

There is also green in the Vale and Kun-Lai.

This still is all beside the fact that you claimed...*ahems*

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow
    Personally it read more like "We just CBA" besides majority of MoP is a lush green forrest so are they saying MoP zones were boring
    This is wrong. You can change the goal posts if you want (Thusfar you aren't doing too well), but you're still wrong about MoP being primarily a lush green forest.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-11-23 at 03:30 AM.

Not only with their decision but also with their reason.

I don't normal criticize Blizzard but I am sorry but anybody with any slight imagination could've made the Emerald Dream an exotic varied place... Considering it's a backup of pre Titan Azeroth they had a limitless amount of artistist options. Yes there would be green forests but they could've had swamps, jungles, deserts, vast lakes etc! It could've quite easily been made as variable as other expansions

Just disappointed
    The emerald dream is a perfect version of Azeroth before we got there. So if we go in there, fucking things up, fighting things, wouldn't it just be normal Azeroth then? Like someone said. And entire expac would be overkill.

That's a horrible excuse from Blizz.

Making a Emerald Dream Expansion is easy, ready:

Sleeping Old God invades the ED. Ny'alotha is being merged with the Dream and Nightmarish disfigurements of Azeroth's flora and fauna run rampant in the Dream.

Final zone is the Black Forest.

Final raid tier involves waking the sleeping Old God and having to return to Azeroth to fight his real form. There, that took all of 2 min to conjure up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, Cataclysm had the most boring zones
    Except for Uldum -- and the theme seemed a little out of place.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Disappointed, but Blizzard has repeatedly done things they previous mentioned they wouldn't. So imo the idea shouldn't be dismissed altogether.

I'm happy about this. I've never found The Emerald Dream to be that exciting, and honestly not worth an entire expansion. I'll be happy if it is a major component of an expansion, one of the core themes (Similar to how the Sha were for Pandaria), but I wouldn't really enjoy an entire expansion based on it.

This'll have annoyed a lot of people, but I don't see why so many are getting aggressive. They've got so many other plot and storylines to follow that for me at least, are far more exciting!

Emerald Dream Expansion:

Raid I: Something is wrong in the Emerald Dream and you must gain access through a giant, magical cave guarded by aspects of all great dragons from WoW lore. Call it the Dragon Tier. Complete the raid to gain access to the Emerald Dream.

Raid 2: You discover the Emerald Dream is linked to the real world and if it dies, Azeroth dies. You also discover the Burning Legion has gained access to the Emerald Dream via a corrupt and powerful druid that has opened the 'Emerald Portal.' You fight your way to this druid, kill him/her and shut down the portal.

Raid 3: You hunt down the Burning Legion that has managed to enter the Emerald Dream. Say they're trying to destroy the Emerald Dream via killing the Emerald Tree or summoning evil puppies or something. Just so happens that Sargeras has sent his top lieutenant and son 'Gofudgurself' to lead the Burning Legion in it's fight to destroy the Emerald Dream. You fail but get help from all the Emerald Dream critters and the Emerald Dream is saved. Gofudgurself escapes.

Raid 4. Gofudgurself frees a long imprisoned super-Titan and uses demonic power to bend the titan's will. Titan goes on a murdering spree and kills a couple key characters from both factions as well as some emerald dream woodland critters. Titan tries reopening the emerald portal but you show up and stop him and Gofudgurself in a masterful duo showdown.

All the Emerald Dream rejoices and Azeroth is saved. Expansion completed. Next expansion launch event involves Sargeras getting pissed about his son getting killed and sending random balls of fire at Azeroth containing various demon spawn.

There that's the story line. Go.

Their reason was the zones would be boring, i'm saying thats BS!

Could've easily had:

Forest Zone
    Grassy/Water Zone
    Rocky Mountain Zone
    A Swamp Zone
    A Desert Zone
    Possible an underground area
    Yes there could have been a much varied landscape, but, with no sentient beings to populate it, what would you do with an entire planet's worth of content that would be needed for a full on Emerald Dream expansion?

I could see it being a major patch during another expansion, but not an entire expansion by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty obvious Emerald Dream would only work as Raid or Dungeon.

I would love it if Druid were given access to the Dream as there own Class hub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    How the does the Nightmare and N'zoth need their own expansion when it's the same thing. N'zoth is the nightmare
    N'zoth is behind the Nightmare. He was also behind the Cataclysm and presumably when Azshara starts doing stuff he'll be behind that too. In Dawn of the Aspects it's mentioned (IIRC) that N'zoth is searching for a new Nightmare Lord. Whenever we visit the ED (Whether through a patch or an expansion) it'll be that pawn of N'zoth who we'll be facing.

I believe N'zoth will be one of (if not the) final boss of WoW should we ever get that far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Yes there could have been a much varied landscape, but, with no sentient beings to populate it, what would you do with an entire planet's worth of content that would be needed for a full on Emerald Dream expansion?

I could see it being a major patch during another expansion, but not an entire expansion by itself.
    The dream is full of sentient beings. There's one sentence on wowpedia from years ago saying that the ED is "how Azeroth would have been if it's surface hadn't been altered by mortals" (to paraphrase.). And then in future appearances of the ED it's chock full of druids, dragons, satyr, worgen, dryads etc.

There's sentient beings galore and as demonstrated by places like the Eye of Ysera and Daral'nir they have settlements and gathering places as well.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    MoP zones were terribly boring.
    Agree completely.

Emerald Dream was an ok idea I guess, I just never really thought very much of it. My friend has been convinced from vanilla all the way to they said that it isn't going to be an expansion that every "next" expansion would be Emerald Dream. Like 15 mins into Hyjal quests in Cata he was completely convinced that the like 1 quest where you go into the cave was foreshadowing for the "next" expansion. It really always gave me a lot of entertainment listening to him every single expansion convince himself that the next was going to be Emerald Dream, and the inevitable ridicule that came whenever a new expansion was announced. Good times.

Deleted
    we [blizzard] have a terribly narrow imagination on what the ED/EN could look like, we have no ideas, and because our ideas are narrow and boring, a whole expension basing on our narrow uninspired vision of an ED would be boring too, thats why we dont try to expand our imagination and rather leave the idea behind"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The sundering affected less than 5% of Azeroths landmass, so yes, it would be boringIf anything,
    LOL seriously -_- You obviously don't know how geography works