Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bieber is the prime example of how the industry works nowadays..
    There's a young fairly talented boy, trying to put his talents to use, and make it in the business..
    At some point some clever money shark - aka producer - becomes aware of him, and pushes him as the next best thing since sliced bread.
    In Bieber's case, he happened to run into a rather mediocre RnB star known as Usher, and a super clever producer named LA Reid.
    Voila, the connections in the background catapult young Bieber up to maximized profits. Children are the prime audience, and children are a profitable audience.

That's it... And that's how "Superstars" are made today.. They aren't Superstars.. Those evolve genuine and naturally. Real stars grow to what they are over decades.
    If one investigates the backgrounds of absolute Superstars, that are considered to be the best of their trade... Most of them worked in the business for some time already before they slowly stepped out of the back into the front of the limelight.

I know, a thread about Bieber might just be too much asking to compare with other names... I'll do it anyway now...

There was once a young boy.... He was determined and driven to make it big one day.. (so far it sounds like Bieber actually).
    He's got a used guitar for $5.00 as a present from his dad, and from there on out, where ever he went, what ever he did, he always had his guitar with him. Other kids played outside, he was playing guitar at home. Sooner or later his talent was showing. He was part of a little teenager band... He then started to find some work as studio/session musician, and at some point played on records from at the time big name Rock 'n Roll stars..
    This went on for some years, until it ultimately ended in that former young boy to stand on a grand (nowadays iconic) stage with his guitar, and belt out the World's most famous rendition of the US Hymn Star Spangled Banner ever performed. A performance which combined with many others lead to the result to earn him (which he didn't like btw.) the honors of being considered the best guitarist of all time, ever!
    Unfortunately his life ended through an tragic accident when he was 27.. And yet still it shows how real stars are born.
    Real stars work their asses off, to climb up to the top.
    The Biebers and consorts of today are just disposable music fast food.....

The musician I referred to?
    I don't think I have to say his name. It should be clear.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I never saw the appeal of him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Is it me, or is he a lot different from when I remember a few years ago? His behavior seems a lot more crude...
    He's in the well-known descent. His candle burned brightly and now it's about to snuff itself out, so to speak.
    That and he's an extremely spoiled, egotistical brat. This is normal behavior for someone who's been raised like he's been. He doesn't know respect, he doesn't know appriciation or thankfullness.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been used up. I'd assume that the hate is starting to get to him, and I would imagine he has an ever shrinking amount of 'friends' as time goes on and his fame begins to wane. I feel sorry for him as he's simply a product of someone elses greed. He's by no means the first or last young star to be used in this way; to crash and burn at the end of it all when the support they've had throughout their childhood fame abandons them.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

This thread reeks of jaelousy

But I dont follow that guy, I wouldnt know about his behaviour.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry but this had to be done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0hfg1htnM4

Pretty standard. It comes with the pressures and expectations of being constantly in the lime-light. On that note, a lot of what he does isnt really that outrageous or abnormal but because he is a celebrity, he is under a magnifying glass. Most of what he has done can be attributed to just dealing with puberty as a teenage male. Who here didnt spin their wheels and do some insanely stupid shit 16-20?

Deleted
    Got Bieber on my 'Deadpool' for the next few years.

Guaranteed meltdown on the cards

I wish people would stop talking about him. Then maybe he'd just fade away...

Fairly talented boy? Thats calling me talented... which I am not.

I've heard rarely such toe curling crap from a singer (unless I count German slachter music and Andre Hazes/Dutch in general apart from Frank Boeijen)

His is just spoiled and rotten so deep, that I can bet he will be dead or in some clinic with strong drug addiction in few years.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    he has already been a diva since he started big big ego, haha nothin rly new xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Puberty is a hell of a life changing event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fame is slowly destroying him.

Deleted
    The answer to OP's question(s):

I'm just gonna leave it here.

Nope, man changes in the course of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Once I liked him very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a performance of his on TV a few years ago, instantly thought 'twat nugget'. Proceeded to continue with life.

And all was right with the world. I honestly don't give a toss what Beibers done to offend people, but apparently my initial thoughts of him were valid and not petty and contemptuous? So that's neat for me I guess.

Stop giving it attention and it will go away? Or suicide on drugs or...gracefully fade into irrelevancy...however that saying goes.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    I think fame is destroying him, a lot of child stars succumb because of the pressure. Pretty sure he will soon be like Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes, but I actually felt sorry for them, don't care about him really.

Deleted
    Never liked his music, but never really disliked him as a person until more recently. But then again, if you have most of the internet calling you a cunt constantly, don't you think eventually you'd just start being one?

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually liked him.. ?

He's the Twilight saga of the music industry.
    #boycottchina