Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Guildie mage at 130k

So we were just on galakras for an hour and we almost had it but dps was alittle low so i looked and we have a mage doing 130k at a 545 ilvl with no tier even without any tier 130k at that ilvl? She's frost, any ideas what shes doing wrong?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

how are we suppose to tell without logs or anything?
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

That's such a hard question to answer with the information given. Actually, it's impossible. Sorry, but we cannot tell you from you saying "She was doing 130k; what is she doing wrong?" We don't know what her rotation is, her gems/chants, or if she was just slacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her armory and i tried to get logs working before but it just doesnt want to work for me
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...jin/Kallawaya/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    As a Frost mage the 2p is fairly game changing. The only thing I might guess is that she isn't keeping her bomb up on all targets and filling with fb/mf/fof procs as she should be. Using blizzard is a no-no for sustained frost mage DPS...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it uploaded tomorrow when we raid again got world of logs working

Her gemming is all over the place. Int, Crit, Int/crit, Int/Hit and most bizzare of all, haste/stamina (I'm sorry, WHAT?!) gems can go without question.
    She's also reforging out of mastery into haste.. and then reforging crit into mastery, and not reforging the crit on helm into something else.
    She's using Rune of Power which, unless you're arcane, shouldn't be using it.

It's probably safe to say that there's going to be even more problems that show up on your WoL, but right away, she should look for the nearest haste cap she can reach comfortably, visit askmrrobot to optimize all her gems/reforges, and switch to Invocation.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    haste/stamina (I'm sorry, WHAT?!)
    Everything else, sure, but haste/stam is perfectly valid if you're over the hit cap and have a blue socket you want to match. I was running a few of them in ToT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Everything else, sure, but haste/stam is perfectly valid if you're over the hit cap and have a blue socket you want to match. I was running a few of them in ToT.
    Be that as it may, she's got plenty of items where she hasn't reforged out of Hit, meaning she could perfectly well make that a Haste/Hit gem, without going over the cap. It simply seems like she doesn't really know what she's doing - maybe you should tell her to read up on Frost Mage, OP.

Its hard to help someone who doesnt look like she cares much about it... Exalted@Black prince 8 full ToT lfr Clears, no Meta.

but ye the obvious being wrong gemming/reforging/talents

Rune of Power as frost.

On top of all the things people posted above... she really needs to come look at a guide and completely fix everything about her gear and talents, for starters. Having the most important talent be the wrong one is a sign of someone who needs some education.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...awaya/advanced

She's almost beyond help there's some really fundamental flaws in everything she is doing (from the information given and seen) DPS wise I bet is also a mess with blizzard spam, no bomb uptime, not standing in rune etc etc

Crit gems = no just no as frost
    rune of power = you trying to give me a heart attack
    stamina gem = ok in some respects when rules as per Kuni said but at the time of writing she's below hit cap so NO
    Timeless epics = junk
    frenzied crystal trink = pretty much junk although i'm sure Akraen would disagree I find it appaling.
    yulons bite = garbage as frost

On the note of DPS as said by another 2pc is amazing for frost dps, I advise she looks into what she is doing from the base level.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...;jin/kallawaya

Would fix her gemming (hit optimise) although at base its purely down to her poor playstyle/poor talents/poor gear.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2013-11-22 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    She's almost beyond help there's some really fundamental flaws in everything she is doing (from the information given and seen) DPS wise I bet is also a mess with blizzard spam, no bomb uptime, not standing in rune etc etc

Crit gems = no just no as frost
    rune of power = you trying to give me a heart attack
    stamina gem = ok in some respects when rules as per Kuni said but at the time of writing she's below hit cap so NO
    Timeless epics = junk
    frenzied crystal trink = pretty much junk although i'm sure Akraen would disagree I find it appaling.

On the note of DPS as said by another 2pc is amazing for frost dps, I advise she looks into what she is doing from the base level.
    I still have a timeless ring! haste mastery ftw!, i have frenzied crystal heroic and on some fights its 9% of my damage!!, Others it is 2%! Its a bad trinket but fun on fights like protectors etc.

Ponk it purely depends on fight I just find it lackluster but I know Akraen uses it well and likes to use it whereas myself I tried it on Paragons/protectors and it yeilded no greater result than my normal trinkets so will put this down to personal choice I guess, timeless epics are junk due to the rng nature of the things and item budget being off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    So we were just on galakras for an hour and we almost had it but dps was alittle low so i looked and we have a mage doing 130k at a 545 ilvl with no tier even without any tier 130k at that ilvl? She's frost, any ideas what shes doing wrong?
    the problem is she not he

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-11-22 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    the problem is she not he
    Take your sexist rubbish elsewhere; you're not funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaedria View Post
    Well that escalated quickly...
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zaedria View Post
    I chuckled so...
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Whilst I totally agree with 2pc been amazing for frost if the play style is wrong then it wont help cause id guess she wouldn't prioritize BF > Ice lance to make use of it fully. 130k dps at that ilvl ... I was doing almost that in 515 gear in early ToT on Mageara.

As already stated RoP for frost is just no, she needs to change this to invocation and maximise uptime

Gems reforging - I did some quick maths on her gems/reforges, and whilst it may not be 100% accurate I think she could net around another 2750 haste taking her a little under 14k haste, very nice for frost, but obviously she will need to monitor buffs and bombs and refresh as procs dictate. Im a haste frost mage and ive had some pretty good results from it, others will argue to go for the mastery/haste build, if she decides to do that then refer to akraen's frost guide which is very helpful :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ost-(Advanced)

I don't under stand her gemming, shes at 18% crit, the only thing I can think of is that shes aiming for that shatter cap, which isn't as important in 5.4 as it was previously, tell her to fully for go crit for haste > mastery.

I think we need to remember that her trinkets may well not be great, but guessing by the fact shes in timeless gear and has no Leg meta that's shes a recent 90 at level 90, so the trinkets she is using are probably the only ones she has access to. Obviously aim for Bindings and Totem if possible with blood been a contender for 2nd choice trinket.

How is her performance on other fights ? I just tried running her on epeen bot to see if she has any previous logs, guess what ? 0 lol
    Last edited by mmoc25a75a0ebc; 2013-11-22 at 09:47 PM.

Should probably just redirect this to the Help My DPS Thread since we can't have a single thread open without some asshat ruining it.