[Windwalker] 2pc & Ascension

I was just wondering this, since Chi Brew can't proc Combo Breaker, and gives slightly more TEB generation that Ascension, wouldn't Ascension look a lot nicer if you have the 2pc and ran at the Haste cap? That way you'd have more Chi generation from jab which means more Combo Breaker procs on Blackout Kick.

I know maybe when you get your 4pc Chi Brew would once again look very appealing, but how much does Combo Breaker do for us? I'd imagine a lot considering the huge damage boost.

Combo Breaker procs are still pretty low on my action list compared to RSK, Chi Wave, and FoF (for certain situations), even with the 2pc. Chi Brew offers great control over when you can burst and losing that isn't worth a couple extra, uncontrollable CB procs.

Also, from what I understand, the 2pc is only a 2-3% damage increase, the 4pc is just annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonky View Post
    Combo Breaker procs are still pretty low on my action list compared to RSK, Chi Wave, and FoF (for certain situations), even with the 2pc. Chi Brew offers great control over when you can burst and losing that isn't worth a couple extra, uncontrollable CB procs.

Also, from what I understand, the 2pc is only a 2-3% damage increase, the 4pc is just annoying for me.
    Yeah I've heard the same about the 2-3% dps increase. Find it surprising that it's such low, reading the tooltip it seems like a huge deal. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    I was just wondering this, since Chi Brew can't proc Combo Breaker, and gives slightly more TEB generation that Ascension, wouldn't Ascension look a lot nicer if you have the 2pc and ran at the Haste cap?
    The problem is that Chi Brew isn't slightly more TEB than Ascension, it's a huge amount more. Across 7 minutes, Chi Brew (at haste cap and 50% mastery which is what raid buff + 2-3k leftover on gear gives you) gives around 25 more stacks of TEB than what Ascension's extra Jabs provides. The Combo Breaker proc chance is so abysmally small for the ability that actually matters (12% for Blackout Kick) that you're looking at literally only about 2 BoK procs per minute. At the haste cap (regardless of using CB or Ascension because "haste cap" is different amounts of rating for each) on an Iron Juggernaut fight I had only 11 BoK Combo Breaker procs. I may feel like the button lights up a lot, but when you dive into the numbers of things it's actually a very minuscule amount of overall damage, and the extra damage on Combo Breakers does not add to the TEB it generates, which is half the value of those procs in the first place.

Long story short, yes that would make sense, but it doesn't actually work out that way because numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The problem is that Chi Brew isn't slightly more TEB than Ascension, it's a huge amount more. Across 7 minutes, Chi Brew (at haste cap and 50% mastery which is what raid buff + 2-3k leftover on gear gives you) gives around 25 more stacks of TEB than what Ascension's extra Jabs provides. The Combo Breaker proc chance is so abysmally small for the ability that actually matters (12% for Blackout Kick) that you're looking at literally only about 2 BoK procs per minute. At the haste cap (regardless of using CB or Ascension because "haste cap" is different amounts of rating for each) on an Iron Juggernaut fight I had only 11 BoK Combo Breaker procs. I may feel like the button lights up a lot, but when you dive into the numbers of things it's actually a very minuscule amount of overall damage, and the extra damage on Combo Breakers does not add to the TEB it generates, which is half the value of those procs in the first place.

Long story short, yes that would make sense, but it doesn't actually work out that way because numbers.
    Haste cap as in ?

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Haste cap as in ?
    The point at which you're still utilizing Energizing Brew, Fists of Fury, and Chi Wave but have enough haste to fill the rest of your extra GCDs with BoK spam. It's a "cap" because anything past about 14k theoretically for Chi Brew and you'd have to start cutting out Chi Wave, more than that and you start cutting out EB. It's typically accepted now that 11-12k is the optimal haste level that is neither wasting GCDs nor wasting free abilities while also accounting for fight variation.