15+ Year Old Account

MW what am i doing wrong??

Coming from a 10-man Normal ToT/SoO and moving into a 25 man environment I'm finding that my healing has taken a turn for the worse.

Can someone take a look and let me know what I'm messing up on? The log below is for Heroic Protectors 25m

My guild's previous logs are private and I don't have access to em.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cvt0d...?s=7396&e=8016

here's my armory... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sodii/advanced

thanks in advance for any help

Deleted
    Your raid contains 2 druids aka effloresence spammers, absorber ( disco priest ) and 2 shammys with their healing totems and healing rains, at fallen protectors raid is stacked most of the time (or close to stacked). Your healing mostly goes to overheal due to nature of fight and class composition.

Only tip i can give you is :SPEC TORPEDO, USE TORPEDO. on stacked raid torpedo is your best friend.

And yes, in 25 man enviroment our healing is much harder, Smart use of thunder focus tea helps maintaining renewing mist on larger number of targets on phases with raidwide damage making uplift more efficient

regards
    Last edited by mmoc0629cbe2c6; 2013-11-22 at 10:33 AM.

It probably looks worse than it is due to the healer count on that attempt.
    Kozma - Staghelm (US)

7 healers wtffffffffffff :P

P.s. I do 10s only so nfi

Deleted
    With that raid setup you would be hard pushed to top or even be mid table. Shamans and druids in 25m and stacked should win. We tend to shine when things are more spread but as Tessen has said Chi torpedo is awesome but ive also heard RJW is effective in 25m.

Also Tessen makes a very valid point about Thunder Tea, In 10m its easy to get the whole raid so your uplift spam is very controlled. Its a very fine art knowing exacly when to use Thunder tea so you get 1-2 good uplifts on 14-16 people at the perfect time in the encounter.

Just my 2 cents

I'm thinking the same thing. Too many heals and you can't compete. We just did this on heroic as well, I can link you the logs if you want to send me a message, but the big difference is we roll with 5 heals for this encounter. We had a holy priest, pally, shaman, druid and myself. It's hard enough to compete with one druid, much less two. It's disheartening, I know. If you go through some of the pages in the MW guide, you can see a lot of people have struggled with their place on the healing team.

I typically only heal 25s, but the few times I've healed 10 mans, it's a different world. I can see how you can be discouraged. Sorry I don't have anything else to help you with. I love playing a a monk, love being a mistweaver, but sometimes I think, man I picked the wrong expac to stop being a priest. :P

why are you taking 7 healers to fight which can be 4 healed at this point in the patch
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

We 5 healed Protectors 25HC on the 3rd week of the patch o.O... 7 is overkill especially with 2x Druid and 2x Shaman

Yeah, you're not getting low healing because of bad gameplay, you're getting low healing because you have way too many healers, and 4 of them are AoE heal spammers.

I've topped meters in LFR before(only 505 ilvl), and I suck at healing 25mans.

Im seeing 8 healers.. .which is completely overkill. Like others said, as MW you'll be completely over shadowed by absorbs, efflo's, healing rains etc. We 5 heal it and I still get sniped by those T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    I play MW too (but in a 10 man) . Atm running normal pride/ heroic nazgrim trinkets and FULL intellect gems . I've calculated crit gems give me 382.5 mp5 and like 5% crit chance . I'm aiming for hc pride / hc immerseus trinkets ... then we'll see if crit gems are really worth it for me .
    And I mostly use RJW in stacked fights while spamming ReM and Uplift. And usually come out on top .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for everyone's input, puts my mind at ease that at least I'm not THAT much of a scrub ;p

But i guess if I wanna heal, its back to 10s booo

yeah I have no clue why they were using so many healers, they kept hitting the enrage. They had me go dps on a few pulls and killed it, but I'm not a fan of being melee as a main spec...

anyhow, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the responses and replies I appreciate it

Deleted
    One thing I can add as I am just in the same situation as you are (moved from 10 to 25 and the raid comp is always heavy on Druids, Shamans and another MW who has been playing 25 all the time), I found it is not just the setup that makes me feel shit but also the horribly different playstyle, not just referring to Torpedo but mostly to the endless spamming. The first thing you learn in 10 is to not spam through everything like a retarded monkey because it is not needed or efficient, but on 25 you have to to even be half-competitive. Adding some different strategies from 10 -> 25 regarding positioning etc, and suddenly you feel like you are the worst healer ever. I keep telling myself that I still know my stuff better than the other healers (they can't even get close to my blob healing on Immerseus, etc), but in an environment where 4/5 healers only focus on the meters, that won't help. I'm still trying to get this to work for me, but personally I think if I stay in a 25man environment (especially with WoD raid sizes coming up), I may either go back to Priest or play Brewmaster mainspec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathaia View Post
    ... I think if I stay in a 25man environment (especially with WoD raid sizes coming up), I may either go back to Priest or play Brewmaster mainspec.
    I think you are exaggerating, especially for WoD. Monks and other classes will change a bit (MW according to Blizz, will change even more). I still think in 25 man player matters more than a class. If you're good player, doing what your supposed to do, not failing, you'll have your spot in raid for next expansion even if you decide to stay monk or reroll. Time will show what changes Blizzard has in mind.

I'm currently raiding 10 man, but as soon as we finish Garrosh hc, we're going to start raiding 25 man. I'm aware that with current gear level I'll prbably be worst healer among all those priests, shamans and druids, but I know it's not that important anymore before next expansion.

Just chill and have some hope for better MW future in WoD

Deleted
    I think you got me wrong there, this was solely referring to the current state of healing in 25man which does not exactly appeal to me (regardless of the state of the spec), and that I doubt I would be going back to a 10man guild just for now only to be faced with sorting a guild for WoD yet again. However when I stay in 25, I would see that I actually contribute, and as I have alternatives to the Mistweaver, I might consider them for now.
    What happens with 6.0 and beyond with all specs and playstyles is a completely different story and we can't do more than wildly speculate on that. I may or may not play Mistweaver, another class, or another game.

At the end of the day, you have far too many healers in your setup - even for a heavy healing requirement fight.

Even on 10man I am stating the case for 2 healing instead of 3.. But my guild has the motto, if you are not hitting the enrage timer... we 3 heal it, i.e. better safe than sorry.

I have the motto of 3 healing is boring as feck. Only a couple of fights I like 3, i.e. protectors, sha as I hate that dispel mechanism bs, and Iron juga as its a gash fight to 2heal
    Last edited by AnaMonk; 2013-11-25 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    hmm looks like you aint realy using you're tallents optimaly and almost no spinning crane kick.
    you are bit better geared then i am, you should be able to push a lot more.
    but as alot of people said already 7 healers is way to much.

my log from protectors 25man.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/42jen...&e=1027#Irmonk
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmonk/advanced

main differences are the use of chi-burst / spinning crane kick, burn some mana and loooooose spirit.. its not needed at all at your gear lvl!

nowdays we 4 man heal most fights in 25man due out gearing it prety much. and the extra dpsers makes some fights alot shorter therfor easyer.

Welcome to the pleasures of finding why MW sucks in 25 man this tier. Hope you enjoy it ;-)

Takes a bit to adapt, only fight you'll shine is Malkorok.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Welcome to the pleasures of finding why MW sucks in 25 man this tier. Hope you enjoy it ;-)

Takes a bit to adapt, only fight you'll shine is Malkorok.
    And Immersus, of course.