Boomkin keybnding - with a naga

I have been trying to learn keybinding for years to no avail. I have a 90 boomkin who's in okay gear and figured I would give it one last super hard try to learn keybinding with my naga on him. Can anyone help me up with a good, solid keybind setup for the buttons on my razer naga for my boomy? Thanks! (My naga has 12 side buttons)

You're gonna have to figure that one out yourself. To much depends on your personal playstyle and physiology.

The keybinds for spells that you use often should be easy to reach. Cooldowns can be ones that you cannot reach as easy. And spells that you don't use often(revive, mount, etc.) on keys that are hard to reach. But in the end the placement is all up to you. This is just how I choose the spells for my keybinds.

Deleted
    It's completely personal preference. How I use my nage (on all chars is)

SB1 - Button 6 (Ventrilo)
    SB2 - Button 7 (Hurricane)
    SB3 - Button 8 (Starfall)
    SB4 - Button 9 (Rejuv)
    SB5 - Button . (Astral Comm)
    SB6 - Button , (Cat Dash)
    Wheel - Button 0 (Sunfire)

My Side buttons just emulate most of the keys I can't reach. It's completely personal preference so nobody can tell you which button you should use for what

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I have been trying to learn keybinding for years to no avail. I have a 90 boomkin who's in okay gear and figured I would give it one last super hard try to learn keybinding with my naga on him. Can anyone help me up with a good, solid keybind setup for the buttons on my razer naga for my boomy? Thanks! (My naga has 12 side buttons)
    I typically put my often used, constantly pressed buttons on my keyboard, 1-5, r,t,f,g,z,x,c. So wrath, moonfire, starfire, etc.. would go here as well as shapeshifts and heals (i would have heals as shift 1-4).

On the Naga, I would place cooldowns or anything with a longer than 30 second cd or very specific macros.

A Naga is not something you want to use to teach you how to use keybinds. The Naga is designed to give you extra keybinds, stick to your keyboard and when you run out of places to put spells move onto your mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use 1-12 on the side buttons for all the main spells. Cool downs are on a shift modifier for example Shift 1 (again naga 1) is Inc. Shift 2 is CA shift 3 I think is my barkskin, I use 1-12 for all my characters and never use the keyboard for spells with the exception of mounting which is Q and F which is taunts or interrupts depending on the character.

I couldn't play without it. I was a clicker for my first 5 years of WoW then I discovered the Naga and will never go back. I will be sad the day it dies on me as I won't be able to play until I go to the store and buy a new one. I have had this Naga for almost 4 years now and I feel like its life could end any day but it's still going strong. When I play boomkin Im really hard on it but when I'm resto it gets a much needed break.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

keybinds are always a matter of preference, but here are mine with my naga
    sorry if its hard to read, usually dont have keybinds visible

left bar is 1-6 + shift 1-6 on keyboard
    right bar is naga (set to use numpad) and buttom row is alt 1-3 on keyboard
    middle bar is alt naga buttons

works for me, might not for others

START SMALL.

Start with just wrath and starfire. You use them all the time, so it will be really easy to get the hang of it. Click everything else.

Then add Moonfire and Starfire. Practice on a dummy for a few eclipses, then run some dungeons.

Then add starsurge, this one is harder because it's a bit more random.

etc etc...

At this point, you aren't trying to do good dps. You are trying to learn how to eventually do good dps. Just practice feeling normal with it, little bits at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol the lazy way a 2 button macro

#showtooltip starfire
    /castsequence reset=12 starfall,sunfire,moonfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,s tarfire,starfire
    /use starsurge
    /startattack

#showtooltip wrath
    /castsequence reset=12 moonfire,sunfire,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath
    /use starsurge
    /startattack

Used these 2 on hexos, even with poor cooldown usage still did 129k dps using it lol

They way how you play and your key bindings is all personal preference as Huth stated. Ideally you want to start binding your basic rotation and cooldowns, either through both keyboard and mice or your mice only. Though i'd say try not to be too reliant on your mice and throw only major cooldowns on them as there will be a possibility that your mice will break and you'll need to rebind completely, at least whatever you bound onto your mice. You'd also have to repurchase the same mice, which usually isn't desirable depending on the time as new mice might appear on the market which will be more appealing to you.

tl;dr; Try not to be too reliant on your Naga. Bind to whatever is comfortable to you and start with your basic rotation before chucking on other cooldowns.