Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elertai View Post
    Right now I'm leveling a tank through LFG. All I hear is that I'm slow, not good enough and to do bigger pulls. When I'm on my lowlevel healer, I'm yelled at when I can't keep up with the tank and he/she inevitably die from being rooms ahead of me... I'm confused
    That is why I like leveling a tank as new toon. I can go on my own pace, which is usually not slow but also not fast. Even being an experienced player, I like exploring the dungeons, I don't skip trash, and I also don't rush to the last boss.

Very rarely I have seen complaints about my speed. If a DPS starts to pull trash himself, I warn him, and if he continues I let him die once, so he knows his place. I don't overdo this jerky behavior as well, and the DPS usually starts following me after he realizes I know what I am doing.

It is very common finding shitty healers, but since I am experienced, I rarely die. I don't yell at them and paciently wait for them to recover before next pull.

Sometimes, I even find groups that are willing to to an entire run of BRD. It is great reviving those newbie days.

Deleted
    I'm really curious about those people that complain about the Silence in LFD.

The run is going to be at best 15-20 Minutes, do you really think you will bond in that time with Someone? yes, back in Wrath people wrote Hello, but it didn't change anything, people still were Stranger. And don't try to tell me that back in Wrath people were small-talking the WHOLE Time, sure, some groups talked a bit..but in my experience that was maybe 5-10% of all my LFD Runs, and i did plenty. (I still get a few groups that do small talk, once again it's 1 out of 10 or even higher)

And about the Speed? Meh, New players must accept that this Speed (The fast one) will be normal till WoD, it's possible that it will also remain there, so adjust to it, and about Tanks throwing a "hissy" fit when asked a question: Switch with them for a moment, they have full heirlooms, it mean's they already leveld to 90 once and just want to get it over as fast as possible, and The quicker the Dungeon run is over, the faster he can que again and get the Bonus XP again.

I do see the problem. That's why I always try to be talkative in groups, both while leveling and at max level. I always write "hey/hi/hello" or something similar when we zone in, and I might write more things during the dungeon depending on how it's going, like "fun with a good group" or "nice" if we get an achievement or whatever. There are people who never respond when I'm friendly, but I also meet players who are friendly back, and some of them probably appreciate someone being a bit social at least.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    The run is going to be at best 15-20 Minutes, do you really think you will bond in that time with Someone?
    Of course I won't bond with them, it's a random group of people I probably won't never meet again. That is not a reason for not being nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some of you speak as if this is something new. This is basically a result of the introduced Dungeon Finder. I remember Vanilla days when it could take an hour to make the group, then another half hour to get to the instance. Groups were usually pretty friendly and chatty during those days. I don't think you can have both today. If you want fast instances through the Dungeon Finder, you're gonna have to accept that most people will be anti-social during the 10-20 minutes it takes.

Personally I don't really see a big problem with it.

My GF just started playing in MoP and was really turned off in her first instance run when she ended up in gnomer and missed what cliff everyone jumped off of, and ended up lost. Still, she coped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    That is not a reason for not being nice.
    By writing it like that you make it sound like i'm rude, I say Hi and Bye, For 4 strange people that's pretty darn nice i would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    By writing it like that you make it sound like i'm rude, I say Hi and Bye, For 4 strange people that's pretty darn nice i would say.
    "Mommy said don't talk to strangers"

We're on an online game, connected to people from all around the world. We already all have a similar interest, and that's WoW, so we're really not THAT strange. It's not like you're walking through DC at night and see 4 guys and decide to be best buddies and ride the metro home in pure bliss. You're playing a videogame with people, which is typically a nice, social thing.

I used to make a lot of friends, even in dungeon finder because I'm a pretty talkative/goofy person. You'd be amazed at the fun times you can have in those 15-20 minutes. Dungeons don't have to be mindless grinds for points. Make it fun. Fuck a comfort zone :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    My GF just started playing in MoP and was really turned off in her first instance run when she ended up in gnomer and missed what cliff everyone jumped off of, and ended up lost. Still, she coped.
    New players should not just "cope". If new players don't have fun, they will leave the game soon enough.
    The tolerance of many WoW players towards other players in general and new players in particular has dropped to almost zero.

THAT will eventually be the end of WoW, not (the lack of) specific zones, mechanics or Blizz choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    That sounds like my first dungeon experience in early vanilla. I got into a group for Wailing Caverns without really knowing what it was after someone asked for people in Barrens chat, and then just tagged along pretending I knew what I was doing.

Except instead of being put off from dungeons, I thought it looked interesting and rerolled a holy priest.
    This is not at all what the OP was talking about. I GUARANTEE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you did not end up in a silent group in vanilla.

Follow my 4 step plan of DF success:

1: greet them, compliment their title or how good their transmogged weapon looks.
    2: Laugh of yourself if you fail, i.e: "'I'm a nub lol, I just died from bla bla bla"
    3: Never try to teach someone how to play, this is the place they can learn, let them be and do your own thing.
    4: thank them for the run "Thanks for the run, cya guys" - helps up the standards of DF overall.

This one will be free of charge, use it wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I like healing leveling 5-mans but if I am planning to loot, I need whatever my best speed talents are + a speed enchant on my boots these days, because of the Speedy Gonzales Tank Syndrome.
    That's nothing new, though. Speedy tanking has been encouraged since at least TBC. I remember doing heroics with recent tank recruits and trying to get them to be less slow. The second we got out of combat our mage would start casting Pyroblast on a mob in the next pack. If the new tank didn't have aggro on those mobs already by the time she finished that cast, we'd blame any consequences on him. When even that started to feels low, I'd run ahead and cast Chain Lightning on stuff as a healer just to keep the pace up. The tank's job was to stay ahead of me and grab things before I had a chance to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    While I spend 5 seconds picking up quests by the entrance portal, I am more often than not watching the tank go out of range followed by his health bar going 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, and this is all at the instant I zone in.
    Now that is something I absolutely hate. I used to have a shitty computer that took forever to load a dungeon, and overzealous tanks often managed to pull something and die before I was even in the instance. Pulling fast is one thing, but you have to wait until everyone is actually inside the damn instance before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    Sometimes a newbie says 'wow this shit is dumb and ez', and i laugh ...
    To be fair, it's true. Dungeons are dumb and easy right now. The only way to make them even remotely challenging is to challenge yourself by seeing how fast you can go. It's the only way to keep them from being a mindnumbing dull grind. If I wanted to slowly pull one thing at a time, I'd go kill some random outdoor mobs. If I have a group available, I want to take the opportunity to actually do something interesting and get better at our classes. That usually means going as quickly as is humanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BRiiGHTEYES View Post
    I used to make a lot of friends, even in dungeon finder because I'm a pretty talkative/goofy person. You'd be amazed at the fun times you can have in those 15-20 minutes. Dungeons don't have to be mindless grinds for points. Make it fun. Fuck a comfort zone :3
    But what if I already have friends, I like my comfort zone, and I just want the thrill of zerging some stuff? We all play this game for different reasons, and my reasons don't involve chatting with random people. If I wanted that I'd go join a chat room somewhere. I want to go on a reckless killing spree where we push our group to its limits.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Follow my 4 step plan of DF success:

1: greet them, compliment their title or how good their transmogged weapon looks.
    2: Laugh of yourself if you fail, i.e: "'I'm a nub lol, I just died from bla bla bla"
    3: Never try to teach someone how to play, this is the place they can learn, let them be and do your own thing.
    4: thank them for the run "Thanks for the run, cya guys" - helps up the standards of DF overall.

This one will be free of charge, use it wisely.
    Listen to this wise man. This is basically what I do and about half of the time we actually strike a conversation in the end.

Deleted
    I don't disagree with you. 5 mans do need more new people. Another reason is also that they are by far less toxic and obnoxious people. I've just recently leveled a tank to max along with a healer friend of mine. We pulled quite fast and efficiently, but man... one still encounters some terrible people. Now imagine a less experienced tank than I... the hell he has to go through
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyssto View Post
    Listen to this wise man. This is basically what I do and about half of the time we actually strike a conversation in the end.
    This is correct. A great way to get a good atmosphere in your dungeon runs or LFRs.

We'll, 5 mans and lvling are to trival. Just wanna get over with it trying to make fast fun runs
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    What proof do you have of this?
    obviously none

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    So it's beneficial for the new player to see how self centered and obnoxious the WoW community is from the get go? Because most of the 'dungeon hero' tanks are complete assholes in low level instances. They want to make a b-line to the end of the dungeon and don't care if you get lost lag behind, if you ask a question or ask them to slow down they usually throw a hissy fit or try to kick you.

I don't think watching a tank rush through a dungeon teaches you anything other than how self centered and entitled the WoW community is. So I can see why new players would be turned off from the idea of doing group content.
    so i should change the way i play in a way that i enjoy the game less, so that you can enjoy your way of playing the game more?

not everyone likes to sit around smelling the roses that they have already been smelling for 9 years and seen a hundred times or more, so if you could possible stop being so self centered and look at it from the person who is rushing through its eyes you might understand.

PS sorry for making you level faster.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Have you seen low level dungeons?
    I remember my friend doing 390 dps when the 2 other dps did 400 and 406, they kept calling him retard through the whole dungeon(i carried them with 840 dps as tank and even told them to shut up)

People only talk if they want to yell at somebody for doing "bad"
    yes people are douche bags, welcome to not only the world of warcraft, but the real world as well.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

They need to readjust the dungeon levels.

UBRS/LBRS needs to be lowered.
    Higher end BC dungeons need to be swapped to lower ones, same for wotlk.
    Egypt dungeon/that dragonmaw city/etc should be available at 83 and nerfed to compensate.
    Endtime + zg/za should be available at 84 and nerfed to compensate.

I can only run ramparts/pinnacle from LFD so many times until I kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I don't think watching a tank rush through a dungeon teaches you anything other than how self centered and entitled the WoW community is. So I can see why new players would be turned off from the idea of doing group content.
    So now it's "entitled" to go fast.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    not everyone likes to sit around smelling the roses that they have already been smelling for 9 years and seen a hundred times or more, so if you could possible stop being so self centered and look at it from the person who is rushing through its eyes you might understand.

PS sorry for making you level faster.
    The newbie that just gets left behind without a word, except perhaps "kick that retard he's lost," isn't leveling faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there are really that many new players any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    So now it's "entitled" to go fast.
    A little bit if one player can't keep up or is unfamiliar with the layout. You're supposed to be a team after all. I understand the other side of this but five minutes more either way isn't going to kill anyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."