Noob question about Brewmaster

Long story short, I do an alt run on my monk which is 527 ilvl in agi gear (i normally heal with a higher ilvl). Our tank can no longer tank, how well do you think I could do in a group thats ~8/14 norm in 527 agi gear? What should i be gemming? Stam since my base hp is a bit low? Would dual wield tanking be bad? I have 561 and 522 1h weapons.

I played Brewmaster back during MSV and did fine, just started playing other classes since then. Just looking for some opinions on how viable my monk might be to tank this group for now and what I can do to best improve it, gem wise and such. Thanks for any help here ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Your gear is ok for that content tbh, i did 14/14 alt runs on my 530 monk
    2. Never get for stam, EVER, this includes enchants just go full dps mod with ench
    3. weapons don't differ much 2h from DW, you should use the higher ilvl
    4. get hit and exp caps ( note exp cap is between 7.5% - 15% for tanks ), always gem mastery and crit
    5. you can get haste till you're confortable with your energy regen, after that it's useless

Take a look here if for more info http://icy-veins.com/brewmaster-monk-wow-pve-tank-guide

Thanks. Just wanted an opinion from someone that may have done something similar and the stam idea. I just want to make sure I'm actually "healable" lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    1. Your gear is ok for that content tbh, i did 14/14 alt runs on my 530 monk
    2. Never get for stam, EVER, this includes enchants just go full dps mod with ench
    3. weapons don't differ much 2h from DW, you should use the higher ilvl
    4. get hit and exp caps ( note exp cap is between 7.5% - 15% for tanks ), always gem mastery and crit
    5. you can get haste till you're confortable with your energy regen, after that it's useless

Take a look here if for more info http://icy-veins.com/brewmaster-monk-wow-pve-tank-guide

2. thats not entirely true, the stam to chest and cloak will prove beneficial later on in late heroics. but either way your stam will always be lower then other tanks.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Thanks. Just wanted an opinion from someone that may have done something similar and the stam idea. I just want to make sure I'm actually "healable" lol.
    Full DPS all the way. Your tankyness comes from shuffle, CDs and purifying properly. You are not a druid, there is no need for tons of health.