Are women capable of loving like men?

Hey all.

first of all - I mean no offence to anyone, and if you are offended by this topic, then I am truly sorry.

Just a conversation I had with a friend, and then I looked it up online, and turns out a lot of people think like me.
    Basically I think that generally speaking, women are incapable of loving another person like a man does.

I had 2 friends that after a breakup, the guy was ruined for months, he just didn't get over her, and she was with another guy in 3 weeks.
    Also with me, in relationships I always feel like I am putting more effort than my partner, and I know a guy that proposed to a girl that is unemployed and broke.
    How many girls do you know that would say yes to a proposal from a guy who is unemployed?

It reminds me of a comedian I saw once, in his show he said "Women...They sure smell nice, but they'll murder your soul". And everyone laughed because they knew what he was talking about. Do you think women can say the same? can a woman relate to "Men, they sure can open jars and fix a car but they'll murder your soul"?? I honestly think that men are capable of love in a totally different way than women. Obviously mother / son relationship doesn't count.

From an evolutionary standpoint I can also see why, a woman needs a guy to fall in love with her, so he won't leave her after she has his baby, so he will provide for her. A man does not need a woman to fall in love with him to support him.

What are your thoughts?

both men and women are capable of intense or shallow love.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    both men and women are capable of intense or shallow love.
    aka infatuation. This is often confused for "love" amongst young and/or inexperienced.

I'm not sure where does thie question come from. The partner that was most inlove will always suffer the most, whether it's the man or the woman. Women aren't less capable of true love nor are men more prone to use a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender threads aren't allowed here. There is too much potential for gender bashing on both sides in a thread like this.