View Poll Results: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Voters
583. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to be able to use my warglaives again!

    393 67.41%
  • No, everyone will end up running around with old legendaries.

    190 32.59%
Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Legendaries: Should they be transmoggable?

    It's a shame there are some awesome weapons and now cloaks that we will never really see used in transmogs. I'd like to see these legendaries get a new life via transmog. I've grinded for ages to get my cloak, and I like the effect it gives me. Being able to carry that over to the next expansion would be awesome.

    What do you guys think? Should legendaries be transmoggable? Or maybe they're too special?

    Sorry if this has been posted before!

  2. #2
    I just want to be able to transmog the cloak because it's goddamn ugly. There's nothing special about it.

  3. #3
    I would like to use the Legendary Bow because it looks amazing but I don't mind not being able to.

  4. #4
    People say no to try and keep the item prestigious, however this is wrong imo for 2 reasons

    1) The majority of legendaries are very easy to obtain, with the 'hardest' aspect being RNG
    2) If someone has obtained it after however many long weeks/months, surely they should be allowed to view and enjoy their reward without having to be severely gimped/when out of combat

  5. #5
    The Patient Enfilade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    262
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.

    i5 4670k @ 4.0 Ghz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti | MSI Z87-G41 MoBo | EVGA Supernova 750W | 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | Thermaltake Chasar II Full ATX Case | Liquid cooling coming soon!
    My Twitter I tweet mostly about Death Knights and making the devs mad.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.

    Surely you can say the same thing about CM gear/rogue t2/pally t2/icc dk hc gear etc?

  7. #7
    I voted no due to everyone will have them but i would like them to be able to be transmogged themselves (ie. the cloaks are ugly and i would prefer to transmog it to another cloak to match my set instead of using the hide cloak option)

  8. #8
    I would agree that legendaries would be cool to use as transmogs but only when it req-s an achivement from the expansion it came out. Like only with wrath time achive for shadowmounre mog, TBC for glaives etc.
    You will probably get haters here who wil say that OMG HELL NO and so on but they probably haven't really worked hard to get their MOJO and just want to shit on peoples faces to be cool.
    Last edited by kbryant8; 2013-11-22 at 10:14 PM.

  9. #9
    On the basis that everyone will have them, surely you can say they same of current raid gear? Everyone is running around in SoO gear at the moment.

  10. #10
    Everybody who is saying "no" becuse everyone will use them. yes that is right, for the first few weeks aaand then they will notice everyone have those damn legendarys and it is not so special, except those hard earned ones which is not thunderfury/glaives blablal which is common.

    Transmog came becuse ppl wanted to be more unique looking, those legendarys will not do that. it will be cool at the start untill everyone gets sick of them and transmog into something else.

    personally i want them to be mogable, just to be able to have the opportunity to use them with some mog sets. Better they get used in the game then gather dust in the bank.

  11. #11
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Everybody who is saying "no" becuse everyone will use them. yes that is right, for the first few weeks aaand then they will notice everyone have those damn legendarys and it is not so special, except those hard earned ones which is not thunderfury/glaives blablal which is common.

    Transmog came becuse ppl wanted to be more unique looking, those legendarys will not do that. it will be cool at the start untill everyone gets sick of them and transmog into something else.

    personally i want them to be mogable, just to be able to have the opportunity to use them with some mog sets. Better they get used in the game then gather dust in the bank.
    This, a lot of palas used the judgement set when xmog came out then were like oh, meh, everyone is using this and I haven't seen it for a long time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  12. #12
    Yes as long as you obtained the item on that given character.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kbryant8 View Post
    I would agree that legendaries would be cool to use as transmogs but only when it req-s an achivement from the expansion it came out. Like only with wrath time achive for shadowmounre mog, TBC for glaives etc.
    You will probably get haters here who wil say that OMG HELL NO and so on but they probably haven't really worked hard to get their MOJO and just want to shit on peoples faces to be cool.
    Vanilla and TBC didn't have achievements though.

  13. #13
    I liked the idea I got out of the ol' floating skull Zarhym at Blizzcon 2011.

    They were supposedly discussing allowing transmog of legendaries with:
    A) They would be far more expensive to transmog
    B) After content became obsolete, the drop rates would be reduced to very rare levels similar to Baron Rivendare's mount. For legendaries such as Dragonwrath, they'd work out the math for a lower drop rate of the mats needed to be gathered so the overall total quest was more in line with the rare mount drop rates.

    Transmog had just been announced, though, and Ghostcrawler had shelved discussions of loosening restrictions since "Transmog legendaries?" was basically coming up at every single meeting and they didn't even have the first foundation out yet. XD

    The argument that "everyone will be using their legendaries" is actually the exact same argument that was made against transmog itself in the beginning, that "everyone will look identical!" That's been proven to not be the case and likewise, as others have said, if numerous people are using the same thing, it doesn't feel special and people look to other unique sets to stand out more.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-11-23 at 01:03 AM.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  14. #14
    Yes but only if they were obtained when the content that droped them was relevant.

  15. #15
    Of course they should be transmoggable. The same logic is applied to CM gear but instead the opposite action is taken.

    Blizzard Logic: We want X to be really prestigious so that not everyone can get them or to get them effort is required. Because of this they will be / not be able to be transmogged.

    X = CM gear / Legendaries

    It is so nonsensical that i can transmog my challenge mode gear on my warrior but not my shadowmourne, glaives, thunderfury etc. I can use my grand marshal gear because i have the relevent achievement, why isn't the same applied to legendaries? This is just one of the many cases that blizzard doesn't have a solid answer on and cherry picks what is worthy of being shown off or not.

    I guess i shouldn't be able to use my twilight harbringer, galakras, skyscreamer or heavenly crimson serpent on my other alts because they don't have the achievement either? Oh wait they can, in that case apparently mounts that take years of farming or decent levels of skill (at the time of getting them, bar galakras) are less prestigious than farming illidan on your lvl 90 every week

  16. #16
    I'd love to see them moggable...though I agree with the idea that only non-current content ones should be available. Lets face it, if you have them at current content, you have them on you anyway. After the content moves on...legendaries become obsolete fairly fast but people may still love the look. If there were another warglaive-like weapon that wasn't legendary I'd mog into them, cause the look is so unique

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Varkas View Post
    I'd love to see them moggable...though I agree with the idea that only non-current content ones should be available. Lets face it, if you have them at current content, you have them on you anyway. After the content moves on...legendaries become obsolete fairly fast but people may still love the look. If there were another warglaive-like weapon that wasn't legendary I'd mog into them, cause the look is so unique
    Back when I could equip melee weapons, I wanted the Cenarion Glaives carried by the Cenarion Circle in Silithus soooo bad. T_T
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Icebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,062
    I want to transmog FROM legendarys, but not to legendarys

  19. #19
    They should be valid as an xmog target, but not as a source. imo

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,855
    No, unless it's to transmog away from.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •